Fun Fact of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Fact of the day

Didnt know where to post this so im going to make a new thread for it.

Demar DeRozan, in two playoff appearances, he averaged 22.5 PPG , 4.9 Reb , 4.4 assists, 1.3 steals, 8.7 FTA (Although he shot 39 % from the field).

Kyle Lowry, in his last 2 appearances with the Raps, 16.7 PPG, 3.9 rebounds, 4.8 assits, 1.1 steals, 4.9 FTA (Although he shot 36 % from the field and 30.6% from 3).

In other words, DD had good stats but shat the bed shooting wise. Lowry in the other hand, shat the bed completely.

Now onto the god news

Both Demar and Lowry improved dramatically this season. Our team is not an offense only team (Lou and GV), we got defensive players coming off the bench playoff time (CJ/TR/BB/NP/JJ). We also have a 3-D player in Carroll (hopefully) playoff time.

I know that Demar and Kyle will both play good playoff time. Our biggest X-Factors are Tross and JV. If both can play good I feel that we make it to the Atleast the ECF.

What about you guys ?
    Yes
    87.50%
    No
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Now onto the god news
    I know that Demar and Kyle will both play good playoff time.
    I think you meant, "I know that Demar and Kyle will both play god playoff time." Which may be correct in three different ways.

Comment

Seriously, though, I think Kyle and DD will get over the hump this year and play well. Whether or not we make the ECF depends almost entirely on our bracket, unlike the Cavs, who are likely to make the ECF regardless of the competition.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post

Demar DeRozan, in two playoff appearances, he averaged 22.5 PPG , 4.9 Reb , 4.4 assists, 1.3 steals, 8.7 FTA (Although he shot 39 % from the field).

Kyle Lowry, in his last 2 appearances with the Raps, 16.7 PPG, 3.9 rebounds, 4.8 assits, 1.1 steals, 4.9 FTA (Although he shot 36 % from the field and 30.6% from 3).

In other words, DD had good stats but shat the bed shooting wise. Lowry in the other hand, shat the bed completely.

Now onto the god news

Both Demar and Lowry improved dramatically this season. Our team is not an offense only team (Lou and GV), we got defensive players coming off the bench playoff time (CJ/TR/BB/NP/JJ). We also have a 3-D player in Carroll (hopefully) playoff time.

I know that Demar and Kyle will both play good playoff time. Our biggest X-Factors are Tross and JV. If both can play good I feel that we make it to the Atleast the ECF.

What about you guys ?
        why would JV be an x-factor? hes been practically the only consistent playoff performer in this current group.

Comment

The only X-Factor with JV is whether we involve him enough to make him a big part of our playoff picture.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Seriously, though, I think Kyle and DD will get over the hump this year and play well. Whether or not we make the ECF depends almost entirely on our bracket, unlike the Cavs, who are likely to make the ECF regardless of the competition.
            At the years outset in October I would have been shocked not see the Lebrons in the ECF. Yet as the season has unfolded something is just not "right" in Cleveland. Seems to be to many off court distractions.
            They whack Blatt.
            Kevin Love is a part of this team or is its parriah.
            Trade Kevin Love.
            Kyrie Irving not playing up to his contract.
            Lebron and his social media faux pas.
            Lebron musing that its always been his goal to play with Paul/Anthony and Wade making the current team wonder WTF is wrong with us ?

ANd the beat goes on....lots of off court activity and a belief that in the playoffs they will flip a switch and its all good. That storyline doesn't always work out.

Conversely its pretty quiet in Raptor and Hawk and Heat land. Usual platitudes after losses of how this game got away from us and the other guys played harder than we did. ... or Tonight we missed our opportunities. Just basketball stuff.

Head down, bum up..move the pile.

A second round upset of the Lebrons is not as far fetched as one might have thought a scant 6 months ago.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Now onto the god news

What about you guys ?
              I feel fine about this group of guys.

Would you be able to show the stats for Kyle in his first playoffs and second playoffs separately? I wonder if those numbers are a trend across two seasons, or if last year's numbers dragged his stats down. I know he very much under performed last year, but can't seem to remember what he did in his first playoffs series.

Comment

CNinja26 wrote: View Post

Would you be able to show the stats for Kyle in his first playoffs and second playoffs separately? I wonder if those numbers are a trend across two seasons, or if last year's numbers dragged his stats down. I know he very much under performed last year, but can't seem to remember what he did in his first playoffs series.
                You can just look it up on any number of websites faster than waiting for him to post lol
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

CNinja26 wrote: View Post

Lowry was fine in 2013-14. 21 points, 4.7 assists, 4.7 rebounds on 57% TS and 40% from 3.

As was DeMar. 24, 3.6 and 4.1 on 55% TS.

They were fine in that series overall, it was Casey and Salmons who cost us the win.

Last year was an entirely different beast for both (Lowry was hurt and terrible, obviously, and even DeMar was pretty useless, with his 46% TS (ugh).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    You can just look it up on any number of websites faster than waiting for him to post lol
                    But then what would I do all day?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                      The only X-Factor with JV is whether we involve him enough to make him a big part of our playoff picture.
                      Cause I feel like JV has the ability to destroy most center in the east (playoffs) expect for probably whiteside and Gasol

Indiana - Hill ?
                      Pistion - Drummond is better butJV usually has his way with him
                      Celtics - Amir ?
                      Bobcats - Jefferson sucks at D
                      Cavs - TT ?
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Patterson is very important too. I'd probably put him ahead of JV in terms of importance, if for no other reason than we are weaker at that position. But his D and shot making are a big deal for this team. And he works in pretty much every lineup configuration too I believe.

Comment

Now onto the god news

What about you guys ?
                          I knew it wasn't gonna be fun as soon as I read the thread title...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I knew it wasn't gonna be fun as soon as I read the thread title...
                            Fun fact: 80% of "fun facts" are not fun at all
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Lowry was fine in 2013-14. 21 points, 4.7 assists, 4.7 rebounds on 57% TS and 40% from 3.

As was DeMar. 24, 3.6 and 4.1 on 55% TS.

They were fine in that series overall, it was Casey and Salmons who cost us the win.

Last year was an entirely different beast for both (Lowry was hurt and terrible, obviously, and even DeMar was pretty useless, with his 46% TS (ugh).
                              Casey, Salmons and Ross pulling an epic disappearing act for the first 6.99 games.

If Ross does anything, ANYTHING in that series we win handily imo.

And that leads me to this point. The X-Factor for this playoffs is going to be Terrence Ross, and 2Pat to a lesser extent. When at full strength we pretty much know what we're going to get from everyone else but we really need these guys to knock down those timely 3s in the playoffs or it's going to be backbreaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X