Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The idea that the elbow injury has led to broken shooting mechanics is hilarious. Something you have spent 10s of thousands of minutes working on does not "break" because of an injury.

    Comment


    • JWash wrote: View Post
      Not sure the pink is really helping further the discussion tbh. Yes playing through pain is a viable way to get past an injury, especially when rest has already shown to not help the problem.
      And this is why your argument is so weak. Nothing has been proven on this.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • I agree with the rest for sure but at this point I don't think we are going to get MVP Kyle either way. 1 week of rest I don't think is enough most likely. Hopefully it is though cause we NEED MVP Kyle. Especially is Demarre doesn't come back
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

        Comment


        • JWash wrote: View Post
          The idea that the elbow injury has led to broken shooting mechanics is hilarious. Something you have spent 10s of thousands of minutes working on does not "break" because of an injury.
          Watch the last four games again. Watch Lowry shoot free throws. His shooting mechanics are flat out broken right now because his elbow isn't right.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

          Comment


          • JWash wrote: View Post
            Not sure the pink is really helping further the discussion tbh. Yes playing through pain is a viable way to get past an injury, especially when rest has already shown to not help the problem.
            First, Lowry is not a doctor.

            Second, taking a single game off is not rest, for an injury that most doctors/physiotherapists would likely recommend inactivity for a week or two.

            You're taking Lowry's quote (most players never want to come out of the game) to be some sort of medical fact, which is causing your entire argument to be faulty from the get go.

            Comment


            • GLF wrote: View Post
              I agree with the rest for sure but at this point I don't think we are going to get MVP Kyle either way. 1 week of rest I don't think is enough most likely. Hopefully it is though cause we NEED MVP Kyle. Especially is Demarre doesn't come back
              Of course that could be all he needs. He was literally player of the week one week ago. Then he banged his elbow. He's not the walking dead, hes a little bit of recovery time away from his old self.
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • JWash wrote: View Post
                The idea that the elbow injury has led to broken shooting mechanics is hilarious. Something you have spent 10s of thousands of minutes working on does not "break" because of an injury.
                LMAO AHAHHAAHAHHAAHA. Oh man you are actually so crazy. Well clearly Kyle, the organization and the medical staff think just like you so we are fucking screwed.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Of course that could be all he needs. He was literally player of the week one week ago. Then he banged his elbow. He's not the walking dead, hes a little bit of recovery time away from his old self.
                  A full week off certainly wouldn't torpedo our playoff chances as much as injured Kyle does.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                  If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                  Comment


                  • JWash wrote: View Post
                    The idea that the elbow injury has led to broken shooting mechanics is hilarious. Something you have spent 10s of thousands of minutes working on does not "break" because of an injury.
                    That's exactly what happens, when a joint doesn't function properly.

                    Are you suggesting that Lowry's shooting woes are just a random coincidence, to the point that Casey told Patterson to take the technical foul shot last night, instead of Lowry?

                    The elbow injury is forcing him to adjust his mechanics, which has directly led to a significant decrease in shooting %. Otherwise Lowry is both injured and sucking - I tend to believe that the latter is due to the former, which seems quite logical and reasonable.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Of course that could be all he needs. He was literally player of the week one week ago. Then he banged his elbow. He's not the walking dead, hes a little bit of recovery time away from his old self.
                      This is true. He was playing well for so long with it until he reaggravated it. He would at least look better than he looks now that's for sure
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                      Comment


                      • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        That's exactly what happens, when a joint doesn't function properly.

                        Are you suggesting that Lowry's shooting woes are just a random coincidence, to the point that Casey told Patterson to take the technical foul shot last night, instead of Lowry?

                        The elbow injury is forcing him to adjust his mechanics, which has directly led to a significant decrease in shooting %. Otherwise Lowry is both injured and sucking - I tend to believe that the latter is due to the former, which seems quite logical and reasonable.
                        I think you're using the wrong term when you say "break" his mechanics tbh. It just doesn't sound correct to me.

                        Comment


                        • GLF wrote: View Post
                          LMAO AHAHHAAHAHHAAHA. Oh man you are actually so crazy. Well clearly Kyle, the organization and the medical staff think just like you so we are fucking screwed.
                          Ok.

                          Comment


                          • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            That's exactly what happens, when a joint doesn't function properly.

                            Are you suggesting that Lowry's shooting woes are just a random coincidence, to the point that Casey told Patterson to take the technical foul shot last night, instead of Lowry?

                            The elbow injury is forcing him to adjust his mechanics, which has directly led to a significant decrease in shooting %. Otherwise Lowry is both injured and sucking - I tend to believe that the latter is due to the former, which seems quite logical and reasonable.
                            Exactly. I don't think its a coincidence that when he reaggravated his elbow that's when his shooting went awry
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                            Comment


                            • When I read "break" I kind of interpreted it as like a permanent change to his shooting mechanics (kind of like how you would say someone like MKG has a broken shot). My bad there.

                              Comment


                              • Barolt wrote: View Post
                                The only variable that's likely to massively increase or decrease our chances of playoff success is MVP-level Lowry versus replacement-level Lowry.

                                That's it. So personally, I'd rather have MVP-level Lowry and a harder opponent than replacement-level Lowry and an easier match-up.
                                I don't believe that is accurate. Give me a non playoff tested team like Detroit whose best player gets completely owned by JV more times than not. We can win with a decent Lowry depending on match-up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X