Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Blake Griffin had to get surgery to fix his elbow when he had the same thing as Lowry.

    that elbow was FUUCKED
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

      that elbow was FUUCKED
      EWWWWWWWWW!!! Yea Lowry's doesn't look THAT bad. But jeez this organization is full of dumb fucks man. It's not just casey now which is the worst part. Masai the medical staff and Kyle and just as dumb. They are literally going to do the same thing they did with Demarre. Have him play through a minor injury (Plantar Fasciitis) give him a couple days rest and act like that was enough rest when it wasn't and then now he gets a worse injury or the injury he has gets worse. How do you not learn from previous mistakes is beyond me man. Masai deserves just as much blame as Casey in this situation and so does the medical staff. If the medical staff or masai say Kyle has to sit until it get better Casey would have to do it. Simple as that. So clearly even though rest is what's best for this injury no one seems to give a shit. This team deserves to get fucking swept in the playoffs for their idiocy. I'm very very disappointed. I knew Casey was a dumb ass but I didn't think it was an organizational thing as well. Smh. They make SIMPLE solutions seem like rocket science. You look up Plantar Fasciitis it says the person should rest for 2 weeks at least, they don't do. You look up the elbow injury and it says the person should rest to help it heal and doing the same activities on it won't help, they don't do it. What are these doctors getting paid all this money for if I can just read up the solution to an injury on google and make a better decision than them. Ugh! This whole thing is so frustrating man. Clear Casey getting fired won't save this franchise because he isn't the only idiot here. Okay rant over.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

      Comment


      • i swear before we got Alex mackenzie or whatever his name is he was some well renowned physician. How are things like this happening under his watch?
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

        Comment


        • Primer wrote: View Post
          We've already clinched a playoff spot and essentially clinched the 2 seed. I'd like to see us rest Lowry until April 10th, so he can play in the final 3 games against the worst teams in the East to shake off the rust and set the new wins record. Let's let that elbow heal up for the playoffs. CoJo and Wright could use the prep in case they need to play extra playoff minutes to compensate for Lowry being hurt.
          Exactly! It's not like we aren't going to get 50 wins anyway. We fucking play Brooklyn and Sixers still. Yes this team is PAINFUL to watch without Lowry but I much rather that any day than have him aggravate his injury even more and look like shit in the playoffs. Cause we all know if he plays like he played last season in the playoffs we're getting beat in the first round. I don't think swept but beat.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

          Comment


          • I doubt this Alex's fault. Before new facility he was limited in equipment to take care of players and rehab. He can do his best to prevent injuries but he is not a wizard. He can't protect players from accidents. Despite all of these events we are one of the healthiest rosters these last 3 years.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

            Comment


            • Primer wrote: View Post
              We've already clinched a playoff spot and essentially clinched the 2 seed. I'd like to see us rest Lowry until April 10th, so he can play in the final 3 games against the worst teams in the East to shake off the rust and set the new wins record. Let's let that elbow heal up for the playoffs. CoJo and Wright could use the prep in case they need to play extra playoff minutes to compensate for Lowry being hurt.
              Yep even if there is a slight chance the Raptors were to lose that 2nd seed, a healthy Lowry should be the priority cause it wouldn't matter whom they face if he isn't healthy but it will be a painful quick exit.

              Comment


              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                I doubt this Alex's fault. Before new facility he was limited in equipment to take care of players and rehab. He can do his best to prevent injuries but he is not a wizard. He can't protect players from accidents. Despite all of these events we are one of the healthiest rosters these last 3 years.
                Oh he isn't the one who would take a look at an injury and decide whether they should play on it or not? I know he can't prevent them completely I would never expect that but I thought when a guy gets injured they would go to him and decide what he has and what needs to be done in terms of treatment?
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                Comment


                • GLF wrote: View Post
                  Oh he isn't the one who would take a look at an injury and decide whether they should play on it or not? I know he can't prevent them completely I would never expect that but I thought when a guy gets injured they would go to him and decide what he has and what needs to be done in terms of treatment?
                  No he's not. Player decides. Player also decides if he wants to get surgery or not. Can't put somebody under a knife if he doesn't want to.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                  Comment


                  • JWash, did I just read 10 pages of you arguing that playing with an injured limb is better than resting to prepare for the playoffs?

                    If so, you are the mightiest troll RR has seen since TFTW...that's just plain wrong

                    Like most basketball stuff is opinion based so I get it...but this is so black and white you'll have a better time convincing me that Andrea Bargnani was a secretly great defender

                    Comment


                    • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      No he's not. Player decides. Player also decides if he wants to get surgery or not. Can't put somebody under a knife if he doesn't want to.
                      Umm...team staff has final say on when and where an employee steps on to the court.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        No he's not. Player decides. Player also decides if he wants to get surgery or not. Can't put somebody under a knife if he doesn't want to.
                        Another recent example of players playing through it at the expense of their long term health would be Anthony Davis

                        Comment


                        • OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Another recent example of players playing through it at the expense of their long term health would be Anthony Davis
                          Happens all the time.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                          Comment


                          • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            No he's not. Player decides. Player also decides if he wants to get surgery or not. Can't put somebody under a knife if he doesn't want to.
                            Really? Interesting. So I guess the Carroll thing and this Kyle thing is their fault pretty much.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Umm...team staff has final say on when and where an employee steps on to the court.
                              Well then it's Casey and Kyle and Demarre's fault. Masai has no say?
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                              Comment


                              • He shouldn't be playing in any contact practice either. Fucking so banging your mutant elbow until it looks human again please
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X