Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GLF wrote: View Post
    Really? Interesting. So I guess the Carroll thing and this Kyle thing is their fault pretty much.
    http://www.catapultsports.com/media/...ry-prevention/
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • Kyle Lowry should be playing if that's what the doctors recommended. If that recommendation changes then don't.

      Comment


      • JWash wrote: View Post
        Kyle Lowry should be playing if that's what the doctors recommended. If that recommendation changes then don't.
        What is the benefit to him playing?


        What is the possible ramifications of him playing with his purple popeye elbow?
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • Btw fun fact, did you guys know that Allen Iverson started wearing that sleeve because of bursitis apparently?

          Comment


          • Primer wrote: View Post
            We've already clinched a playoff spot and essentially clinched the 2 seed. I'd like to see us rest Lowry until April 10th, so he can play in the final 3 games against the worst teams in the East to shake off the rust and set the new wins record. Let's let that elbow heal up for the playoffs. CoJo and Wright could use the prep in case they need to play extra playoff minutes to compensate for Lowry being hurt.
            Even if a week and a half isn't enough time to heal the injury, it's worth a shot that he'll at least be better off than he would be without the rest. The past weeks are proving that 35+ mpg are only making it worse.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • JWash wrote: View Post
              Btw fun fact, did you guys know that Allen Iverson started wearing that sleeve because of bursitis apparently?
              Fun fact, did you guys know DeMar is shooting a better 3pt% this year than Iverson's career average? So while Lowry's playing with an injured elbow and wearing Iverson's arm sleeve, maybe Demar should be launching 4 three's per game like prime Iverson and trying to score 30 points on 25 shots every night. Have I got the logic right?

              We're talking about completely different players in completely different eras. Athletically, Lowry is no Iverson and it's not even close. Also, Iverson averaged over 40 mpg on his entire career - nobody in the league does that anymore even in a single season, let alone for their career, and for good reason. Why do you think coaches are playing their star players less than they did 10 years ago? Honest question. If players can handle it and a guy with a swollen elbow should just play anyway, how come not 1 out of 30 NBA coaches plays a starter 40 mpg anymore?

              On the year, Lowrys mpg is second overall in the NBA, only behind Harden. Considering how last season panned out for Lowry, that seems like ridiculous usage. These boards have been calling for a reduction in his minutes at least since December (if not earlier). I'd much rather he be healthy than for us to be in an "I told you so" position, but... It's frustrating.
              Last edited by S.R.; Wed Mar 30, 2016, 10:19 AM.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                Fun fact, did you guys know DeMar is shooting a better 3pt% this year than Iverson's career average? So while Lowry's playing with an injured elbow and wearing Iverson's arm sleeve, maybe Demar should be launching 4 three's per game like prime Iverson and trying to score 30 points on 25 shots every night. Have I got the logic right?

                We're talking about completely different players in completely different eras. Athletically, Lowry is no Iverson and it's not even close. Also, Iverson averaged over 40 mpg on his entire career - nobody in the league does that anymore even in a single season, let alone for their career, and for good reason. Why do you think coaches are playing their star players less than they did 10 years ago? Honest question. If players can handle it and a guy with a swollen elbow should just play anyway, how come not 1 out of 30 NBA coaches plays a starter 40 mpg anymore? Do they like their bench guys that much?
                You just made a lot of assumptions based on one quip. I was just googling the condition's history in the NBA and came across an article saying that AI started wearing the arm sleeve to sort of accessorize the wrap he had to wear to be able to play through bursitis.

                Comment


                • Btw I want to point out, that people are allowed to have a differing opinion to the overwhelming groupthink opinions on this site, and no it isn't just trolling it's just thinking differently from the majority. And considering that the majority can often be very wrong (and also right) on different issues there is nothing wrong with that. For example the majority of this board was willing to trade away DeRozan for a mid-late 1st in the offseason... dumb. On the other hand the majority of the board figured our play in the regular season last year was gonna lead to disappointment in the playoffs... correct.

                  So the board can be right, it can be wrong. I'd appreciate it if people with differing opinions from the majority on specific issues weren't dismissed as trolls like I have been recently. I'm not trolling, I disagree, simple and short. Maybe if people could get over this idea that they're always right that would be easier to grasp.

                  Comment


                  • JWash wrote: View Post
                    Btw I want to point out, that people are allowed to have a differing opinion to the overwhelming groupthink opinions on this site, and no it isn't just trolling it's just thinking differently from the majority. And considering that the majority can often be very wrong (and also right) on different issues there is nothing wrong with that. For example the majority of this board was willing to trade away DeRozan for a mid-late 1st in the offseason... dumb. On the other hand the majority of the board figured our play in the regular season last year was gonna lead to disappointment in the playoffs... correct.

                    So the board can be right, it can be wrong. I'd appreciate it if people with differing opinions from the majority on specific issues weren't dismissed as trolls like I have been recently. I'm not trolling, I disagree, simple and short. Maybe if people could get over this idea that they're always right that would be easier to grasp.
                    I just don't see the point in playing our injured mvp in what amounts to basically a tune up game. I'm still waiting for a response on how the positives outweigh the negatives. Are you still trying to catch cleveland? Cause we'd probably have to run the table or go 8-1 to do that
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I just don't see the point in playing our injured mvp in what amounts to basically a tune up game. I'm still waiting for a response on how the positives outweigh the negatives. Are you still trying to catch cleveland? Cause we'd probably have to run the table or go 8-1 to do that
                      There's no value in him playing, period. At best he doesn't get worse by playing. Winning or losing the next 9 games simply doesn't matter, especially compared to what the games after them mean.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                      Comment


                      • Actually there is value if the team doctors and staff got together and they decided that playing through it was a viable option after rest wasn't successful, like Lowry said.

                        You can say "period" if you want like that means anything, but at the end of the day there are professionals working on it. Not even saying they're 100% right, but to just say that their opinion and strategy is complete nonsense is asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve.

                        Comment


                        • JWash wrote: View Post
                          Actually there is value if the team doctors and staff got together and they decided that playing through it was a viable option after rest wasn't successful, like Lowry said.

                          You can say "period" if you want like that means anything, but at the end of the day there are professionals working on it. Not even saying they're 100% right, but to just say that their opinion and strategy is complete nonsense is asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve.
                          You're right!

                          It's not like the team has already, this season, overplayed an injured player and cost us months of having that player on the court.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                          Comment


                          • Barolt wrote: View Post
                            You're right!

                            It's not like the team has already, this season, overplayed an injured player and cost us months of having that player on the court.
                            Aaaaand not every situation is the same.

                            Comment


                            • JWash wrote: View Post
                              Actually there is value if the team doctors and staff got together and they decided that playing through it was a viable option after rest wasn't successful, like Lowry said.

                              You can say "period" if you want like that means anything, but at the end of the day there are professionals working on it. Not even saying they're 100% right, but to just say that their opinion and strategy is complete nonsense is asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve.
                              So resting one game didn't cure it completely....fuck it, may as well play them all. Genius plan.


                              I get why Kyle doesn't consider sitting out multiple consecutive games an option, but it should be considered.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

                              Comment


                              • Mess wrote: View Post
                                So resting one game didn't cure it completely....fuck it, may as well play them all. Genius plan.


                                I get why Kyle doesn't consider sitting out multiple consecutive games an option, but it should be considered.
                                It was 5 days of rest, perhaps that was the prescribed amount?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X