Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barolt wrote: View Post
    If, over the two months between the two instances, he'd had enough rest to fully heal the elbow, the collision with the floor maybe doesn't do so much damage?
    Falls hurt less if you play 33 minutes instead of 38?

    If I get a good night's sleep I can slam into a hard floor and feel less pain?

    Wow who knew. I should rest and do nothing for a week, I can challenge connor MacGregor to a fight!
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • I can't even with some of the posts on here. Like people think they're kinesiology or biomechanics experts lol.

      So many wild assertions with no scientific basis.

      Comment


      • These things aren't binary situations. It's about more than just 'what happened today'.

        If you get a good night's sleep versus not sleeping, it does affect your ability to perform various tasks and your likelihood of getting injured. Just like a player's chances of getting injured increase as the season goes on because of collective wear and tear.

        Again, if you're asserting that minutes has nothing to do with injury chance, you're saying that Popovich, Kerr and all the other coaches who routinely rest players are idiots for doing so.

        Are you calling Popovich a moron?
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

        Comment


        • Could the owner of the single vote to "let him play through it" please raise his/her hand? I have some hounds to release....

          Comment


          • JWash wrote: View Post
            Yes you are wrong. And the burden of proof is on you, since I'm simply concurring with the actions of the team while you're trying to state something different entirely.
            No, it really isn't. A player playing is more likely to get hurt than a player not playing. If you can disprove that, then go for it.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • Barolt wrote: View Post
              These things aren't binary situations. It's about more than just 'what happened today'.

              If you get a good night's sleep versus not sleeping, it does affect your ability to perform various tasks and your likelihood of getting injured. Just like a player's chances of getting injured increase as the season goes on because of collective wear and tear.

              Again, if you're asserting that minutes has nothing to do with injury chance, you're saying that Popovich, Kerr and all the other coaches who routinely rest players are idiots for doing so.

              Are you calling Popovich a moron?
              Yes, we're calling popovich a moron *eye roll*

              Curry doesn't rest. Kawhi doesn't rest. These rest days are completely exaggerated. San Antonio does dnp-old because half their rotation is lining up for their old age pension soon.
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Could the owner of the single vote to "let him play through it" please raise his/her hand? I have some hounds to release....
                Keon Clark was eagerly awaiting Nilankas Mr burns release the hounds gif. Dissapointing
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Yes, we're calling popovich a moron *eye roll*

                  Curry doesn't rest. Kawhi doesn't rest. These rest days are completely exaggerated. San Antonio does dnp-old because half their rotation is lining up for their old age pension soon.
                  The "rest" they get is in the 4th quarter because their team has already blown the opposition out of the building.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Yes, we're calling popovich a moron *eye roll*

                    Curry doesn't rest. Kawhi doesn't rest. These rest days are completely exaggerated. San Antonio does dnp-old because half their rotation is lining up for their old age pension soon.
                    http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/131...regame_rockets

                    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...ven-a-rest-day

                    Try again?
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                    Comment


                    • Barolt wrote: View Post
                      These things aren't binary situations. It's about more than just 'what happened today'.

                      If you get a good night's sleep versus not sleeping, it does affect your ability to perform various tasks and your likelihood of getting injured. Just like a player's chances of getting injured increase as the season goes on because of collective wear and tear.

                      Again, if you're asserting that minutes has nothing to do with injury chance, you're saying that Popovich, Kerr and all the other coaches who routinely rest players are idiots for doing so.

                      Are you calling Popovich a moron?
                      You're trying to suggest that Lowry playing 37mpg instead of the 33mpg that you've suggested several times that you want something around is the cause of his injury. It makes absolutely no sense.

                      Comment


                      • JWash wrote: View Post
                        The "rest" they get is in the 4th quarter because their team has already blown the opposition out of the building.
                        Yes exactly. Once we're 41-0 at home we should have routine blowouts too. Or they're historically great and playing kyle lowry as much we have is basically the only reason we're sniffing 50 wins
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • That rotoworld article... lol... then Kerr proceeds to play Klay the whole 4th quarter in a blowout.

                          Comment


                          • Barolt wrote: View Post
                            These things aren't binary situations. It's about more than just 'what happened today'.

                            If you get a good night's sleep versus not sleeping, it does affect your ability to perform various tasks and your likelihood of getting injured. Just like a player's chances of getting injured increase as the season goes on because of collective wear and tear.

                            Again, if you're asserting that minutes has nothing to do with injury chance, you're saying that Popovich, Kerr and all the other coaches who routinely rest players are idiots for doing so.

                            Are you calling Popovich a moron?
                            No they're resting guys who are old. Kerr is resting guys because he has the most rounded team in the league and they blow people out by half time. Comparing apples to oranges doesn't work.

                            Collective wear and tear is a thing, but I think minutes per games is an asinine thing to attack, as if a few minutes per game every other night really is that impactful to a professional athlete. Because my dad was an athlete, and I dabbled in amateur sports, I know the work guys put in OFF the court/field/pitch/ice. It's insane. It may be more insane than what they do in game situations. I don't see any reason to rest a guy for 5-10 more minutes in a game when you can reduce scrimmage or practice minutes in half, or cut one of two/three/four workout sessions in a day some of these guys do daily to maintain game shape.

                            Comment


                            • JWash wrote: View Post
                              You're trying to suggest that Lowry playing 37mpg instead of the 33mpg that you've suggested several times that you want something around is the cause of his injury. It makes absolutely no sense.
                              I'm saying that winning games in the regular season matters not at all, if it costs us wins in the playoffs.

                              If Lowry is still shooting 23% in two weeks, we're completely and utterly fucked.

                              That means more than winning meaningless regular season games when our playoff seed is locked up.

                              Again, resting at worst doesn't help Lowry, but it will not hurt.

                              Playing might not hurt Lowry, but it will not help.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Keon Clark was eagerly awaiting Nilankas Mr burns release the hounds gif. Dissapointing

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X