Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Not many. But off the top of my head, masai Ujiris denver nuggets.
    Nope, any 3-year stretch with 150+ wins has to include the year they went to the WCF.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

i think we need to hear a bit more about this elbow thing. we're not playing for anything now....ice it until the playoffs

Comment

Game #73: Oklahoma City Thunder (51-22) @ Toronto Raptors (49-23) 7:30 PM EST

Barolt wrote: View Post
        Nope, any 3-year stretch with 150+ wins has to include the year they went to the WCF.
        That's the pre Masai ujiri era nuggets...

And the nuggets went to the playoffs for 10 consecutive seasons, and made it past the first round just once. Now THAT was a treadmill team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          That's the pre Masai ujiri era nuggets...

I meant any 3-year stretch in Nuggets history with 150+ wins has to include that year, since they joined the NBA.

Comment

You win, they're a few games short of your abitrary number because of a 66 game lockout season.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I meant any 3-year stretch in Nuggets history with 150+ wins has to include that year, since they joined the NBA.
              Also incorrect. During the Masai era in Denver, the nuggets went a three year span with 145 wins. And never made it past the first round. And that includes the lockout shortened season.

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                You win, they're a few games short of your abitrary number because of a 66 game lockout season.
                Fair, I forgot one of those season was the lockout year.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  i think we need to hear a bit more about this elbow thing. we're not playing for anything now....ice it until the playoffs
                  https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/714641497656692736

And the hits keep coming. Ugh.

Comment

The Iguodala Year had Gallo blowing out his knee and screwing all that feel good momentum

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                      Totally agree man (not on the rest costing us games, just on it not being necessary). Don't understand the resting players stuff. If guys are legitimately hurt? Of course sit them. If not, fucking play. Golden State isn't resting anyone, Klay played the entire 4th quarter against PHILLY just so he could get to 40 (the game was over).

This attitude of guys breaking if they play more than 35 mins or don't get rest is just so lame. AI used to play 42 minutes per game and he was 165 soaking wet. Smaller than basically anyone who gets regular run nowadays and literally carrying his team's offense night in night out.

Guys need to work and stay in condition to be able to play their minutes on a night to night basis. Lowry getting hurt last year imo was his fault, not anyone else's. That's why he went to work on his body in the summer because he knew his conditioning was poor.
                      Oh come on! Lowry is top 5 in mpg, so this thing about him not playing enough is completely false. In fact, after what happened last season, resting him is pivotal. Also, Lowry is not MJ, Kobe or AI, so comparing him to them is just not fair.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Sinbad wrote: View Post
                        Man that sucks. I think even with this issue we should be good for getting out of the 1st round, but honestly if the type of performance we get from the raps is indicative of limping past their 1st round opponent, I would rather they lose in the 1st round to force change to occur (losing Casey for starters) and get this team trending upward.

Comment

Ugh Ugh. So...Caboclo's looking pretty good. Hard to believe resting the joint wouldn't be a touch more helpful than going out and getting it banged every other night. If there's any silver lining..the hawks managed to hold off the bulls and the pellies actually beat the knicks. Go Dallas.

Comment

There go our playoff chances....
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Fuck. How good rest not be the best thing for it? "We tried that already" uhh you sat one game.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Does Casey just keep the ring in his pocket full time for the next month?

Comment

Working...
                                X