Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

TRex wrote: View Post
    Raps have now lost 3 of 4. This all started vs Boston, when you know, they gave Lowry the rest. Lowry was playing so well before that Boston game.Now he's completely out of synch.

I said it before and i'm going to say it again. DeRozan is 26. Lowry is 29. These guys don't need rest. Unless they're battling some nagging injuries, then sure give them a game off.

I don't remember Michael Jordan or Iverson, or Kobe, Miller etc...getting a "rest day" during their prime years.
    Totally agree man (not on the rest costing us games, just on it not being necessary). Don't understand the resting players stuff. If guys are legitimately hurt? Of course sit them. If not, fucking play. Golden State isn't resting anyone, Klay played the entire 4th quarter against PHILLY just so he could get to 40 (the game was over).

This attitude of guys breaking if they play more than 35 mins or don't get rest is just so lame. AI used to play 42 minutes per game and he was 165 soaking wet. Smaller than basically anyone who gets regular run nowadays and literally carrying his team's offense night in night out.

Guys need to work and stay in condition to be able to play their minutes on a night to night basis. Lowry getting hurt last year imo was his fault, not anyone else's. That's why he went to work on his body in the summer because he knew his conditioning was poor.
    Rest for as long as necessary until the final couple of games before playoffs
    85.19%
    Let him play through it
    14.81%

JWash wrote: View Post
    Totally agree man. Don't understand the resting players stuff. If guys are legitimately hurt? Of course sit them. If not, fucking play. Golden State isn't resting anyone, Klay played the entire 4th quarter against PHILLY just so he could get to 40 (the game was over).

This attitude of guys breaking if they play more than 35 mins or don't get rest is just so lame. AI used to play 42 minutes per game and he was 165 soaking wet. Smaller than basically anyone who gets regular run nowadays and literally carrying his team's offense night in night out.
    You mean Iverson who broke down in his early 30s and played his last season at 34? That Iverson?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
        Totally agree man. Don't understand the resting players stuff. If guys are legitimately hurt? Of course sit them. If not, fucking play. Golden State isn't resting anyone, Klay played the entire 4th quarter against PHILLY just so he could get to 40 (the game was over).

Most guys also play generally the same in the playoffs, but now kyle has quickly gained a reputation (fairly or not) of limping to the finish line and sucking. 2nd seed is clinched, I have no problem with sitting lowry. I do have a problem with the raptors being an actual shitty team when he isn't all star kyle
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Raps have now lost 3 of 4. This all started vs Boston, when you know, they gave Lowry the rest. Lowry was playing so well before that Boston game.Now he's completely out of synch.

I said it before and i'm going to say it again. DeRozan is 26. Lowry is 29. These guys don't need rest. Unless they're battling some nagging injuries, then sure give them a game off.

I don't remember Michael Jordan or Iverson, or Kobe, Miller etc...getting a "rest day" during their prime years.
          Couldn't agree more. But the problem is Kyle just doesn't play well with minor injuries. Jordan and Bryant and Iverson were able too. He literally becomes a shell of himself when he gets a small injury or plays big minites. Those guys were just more fit than him and I guess were mentally tougher. So kyle in his prime needs rest I guess.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Comment

This is huge because they usually don't talk about injuries

Comment

So why'd he play 36 minutes tonight in a game that was a blowout early?

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Lol then why the fuck is he playing? You're gonna lose with injured kyle lowry anyways. So get him some ice and some rest, ffs

Comment

This is huge because they usually don't talk about injuries
                    They do when it's Kyle though cause they know how important he is to this team. I think Kyle not being able to play at a high level for a full season is a big reason why we faulter in the playoffs. Huge reason. We rely on him too much. So until he learns to play a full season and beyond or we get more help get used to first round exits.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Honestly, Casey talking about Kyle's elbow issues feels more like him setting the table for possible excuses if we flame out in the playoffs than anything else.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Honestly, Casey talking about Kyle's elbow issues feels more like him setting the table for possible excuses if we flame out in the playoffs than anything else.
                        Casey got tons of excuses. No Carroll. Lowry injured. And if those don't work throw Scola,JV and rookies under the bus.

Comment

Casey got tons of excuses. No Carroll. Lowry injured. And if those don't work throw Scola,JV and rookies under the bus.
                          Personally, I just don't care at this point. Has any organization ever won 150 regular season games in 3 seasons, and 0 playoff series?

We don't win in the first round, he has to be gone.

Comment

I can already hear Casey's voice talking about we didn't make them "feel" us. Then he'll throw the word "physicality" a couple of times. Then he'll say "With all due respect to Scola and everything he's done but he's just not a defensive stopper".

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Has any organization ever won 150 regular season games in 3 seasons, and 0 playoff series?
                              Not many. But off the top of my head, masai Ujiris denver nuggets.

Comment

Working...
                              X