Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Let me be a bit more clear. I'm not going off of Lowry's opinion, cause obviously as a player he doesn't know enough medically to make an evaluation, I'm going off of what he said the evaluation of the team was (at least that's how interpret it when he uses the pronoun "we").
    "We"(being the people who post on Raptors Republic) have no idea who the "We" that Lowry spoke of was.

What we do know is that the team mishandled Carroll's injury situation, which led to a more severe injury. Now, they kept playing Lowry heavy minutes after an elbow injury, which led to a re-injury.

On what basis do you now trust the way this team is handling injuries?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Not averaging the most minutes in the NBA since sustaining the injury seems like a good place to start. I could hardly believe that when I saw it written here, even though I should by now. I want to be optimistic about Casey, but he makes it hard sometimes.
      I'm not optimistic about Casey either, but I find it hard to believe that that's solely his call. If the doctors are clearing him and recommending he plays like normal, then what else is he supposed to do other than use him the way he normally does?

Maybe the reasoning is keep him playing and in rhythm, adjusting slowly and once the pain goes away he'll be good to go.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        "We"(being the people who post on Raptors Republic) have no idea who the "We" that Lowry spoke of was.

What we do know is that the team mishandled Carroll's injury situation, which led to a more severe injury. Now, they kept playing Lowry heavy minutes after an elbow injury, which led to a re-injury.

On what basis do you now trust the way this team is handling injuries?
        Well I have to have some faith in the team's ability to handle injuries otherwise we're fucked, and I don't really like the idea of my favourite team being fucked.

I mean according to RR

- We don't know how to manage minutes
        - We can't develop players
        - We can't handle injuries
        - We aren't mentally strong enough to win big games
        - We don't use players properly.

If all that is true there is a 0% chance of this team under this management ever achieving anything.

Comment

Not averaging the most minutes in the NBA since sustaining the injury seems like a good place to start. I could hardly believe that when I saw it written here, even though I shouldn't really be surprised. I want to be optimistic about Casey, but he makes it damn hard sometimes.

Lowry has to be healthy by post-season. They are not winning in the playoffs with him shooting 4-14 and coasting on defence.
          This.

So much this.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I'm not optimistic about Casey either, but I find it hard to believe that that's solely his call. If the doctors are clearing him and recommending he plays like normal, then what else is he supposed to do other than use him the way he normally does?

Maybe the reasoning is keep him playing and in rhythm, adjusting slowly and once the pain goes away he'll be good to go.
            once the pain goes away, maybe he has nerve damage (which could explain the sudden loss of pain).

or the pain never goes away.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Not averaging the most minutes in the NBA since sustaining the injury seems like a good place to start. I could hardly believe that when I saw it written here, even though I shouldn't really be surprised. I want to be optimistic about Casey, but he makes it damn hard sometimes.

Lowry has to be healthy by post-season. They are not winning in the playoffs with him shooting 4-14 and coasting on defence.
              That is truly amazing.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Well I have to have some faith in the team's ability to handle injuries otherwise we're fucked, and I don't really like the idea of my favourite team being fucked.

I mean according to RR

- We don't know how to manage minutes
                - We can't develop players
                - We can't handle injuries
                - We aren't mentally strong enough to win big games
                - We don't use players properly.

If all that is true there is a 0% chance of this team under this management ever achieving anything.
                Here's what we do know, as 100% fact.

The injury occurred originally on January 14th.

Prior to that date, Lowry was averaging 36.1 minutes.

Since that date, Lowry has averaged 38.6 minutes.

He hurt himself, then his minutes went up.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  once the pain goes away, maybe he has nerve damage (which could explain the sudden loss of pain).

or the pain never goes away.
                  Well if he has nerve damage we're hooped.

Comment

Well if he has nerve damage we're hooped.
                    agreed, so treatment and rest are in order.

Comment

agreed, so treatment and rest are in order.
                      Well neither of us are doctors, so no that actually might not be the case. And like Lowry said they tried that with little results. Now they're trying something else by playing through it, if that doesn't work then try something else.

Comment

• Actually that's a huge assumption, idk if you're a doctor or not, but it doesn't seem like anyone in here is or I think they might've mentioned it, idk though.

Comment

Actually that's a huge assumption, idk if you're a doctor or not, but it doesn't seem like anyone in here is or I think they might've mentioned it, idk though.
                          You know who else isn't a doctor? Kyle Lowry, and you're basing your arguments 100% on something he said.

Comment

Well neither of us are doctors, so no that actually might not be the case. And like Lowry said they tried that with little results. Now they're trying something else by playing through it, if that doesn't work then try something else.
                            If that doesn't work then what, rest him in the first round? Season is almost over. If you're willing to give both a shot, then the rest time is now, play through it comes later.

Comment

If that doesn't work then what, rest him in the first round? Season is almost over. If you're willing to give both a shot, then the rest time is now, play through it comes later.
                              The tried rest from March 20th-25th.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                You know who else isn't a doctor? Kyle Lowry, and you're basing your arguments 100% on something he said.
                                He said "we", so I assume he was speaking for himself and the team not just his own medical expertise. That would be crazy if he's just making the calls on his own on an injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X