Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    The only fear I have is playing with rust. Lowry had rest last season and still shat the bed against the Wizards. If he can figure out how to play with an injured elbow in the next 5-6 games.. maybe we have a better chance.

Either way we're screwed it seems though.
    I'd still hope this team can get through the first round, but that'll depend heavily on the draw and on other guys stepping up. PP and Ross can't miss shots if Lowry is shooting 25-30% from the floor. Throw in some BB/Scola spacing deficiencies, and the offense'll get next to impossible for DeRozan right when the team is looking for him to score 35 ppg to get them through a series.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      How to fix it?
      Stop banging it a few times??
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

But how do you know that wasn't the prescribed amount by team doctors? Like there are supposed to be actual medical tests they do to determine things like this. We're just speculating.
        Because his shot tells me he isn't healed yet.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Because his shot tells me he isn't healed yet.
          That doesn't answer the question.

Comment

That doesn't answer the question.
            You keep saying that rest didn't work.

He's shooting 23/19/54 in the last 3 games. Playing through it isn't working either.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              You keep saying that rest didn't work.

He's shooting 23/19/54 in the last 3 games. Playing through it isn't working either.
              Maybe not, so maybe they'll try something else now? Idk

Comment

Yep, lets keep waiting for Casey to make adjustments, that plan will surely work.

Is Scola struggling, Dwane?

Comment

Bro: 38 min a nights isn't TRYING something. It's just ignoring it and hoping it will magically go away. It's like "man I'm getting fat. That 5 day diet didn't help, maybe these potato chips will"

Comment

Yep, lets keep waiting for Casey to make adjustments, that plan will surely work.

I'm not talking about Casey, I'm talking about the medical staff

Comment

Struggling at what?!

Badum-tshh

New Raptors punchline

Comment

• Funny enough right now at work I'm reviewing hazard identification/risk assessment/control measures. As we speak

Hazard: Lowry continues banging his elbow and playing like crap.

Risk Assessment: He is so injured that he goes into the tank, we're out in 4 or 5 games and become the NBA laughingstock for a whole new reason

Control measures: sit his ass down in this meaningless games and get him back to the level he was at LAST week

Comment

• Just out of curiousity; since he reinjured the elbow; how many minutes per game has he been playing? I know that since the original injury, no one else in the NBA has averaged more minutes per game then him but since the re-injury; have the minutes at least started to come down?

In all honesty; this doesn't seem like a complex situation. Even moreso since it's unlikely to affect our standings given the cushion we have.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            Just out of curiousity; since he reinjured the elbow; how many minutes per game has he been playing? I know that since the original injury, no one else in the NBA has averaged more minutes per game then him but since the re-injury; have the minutes at least started to come down?

In all honesty; this doesn't seem like a complex situation. Even moreso since it's unlikely to affect our standings given the cushion we have.
                            Since the Boston game on March 18th, he's averaging 36.5 MPG in 4 games played, and that includes 28 minutes in the Pelicans blowout. The other 3 games were 36, 40 and 42 minutes.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Bro: 38 min a nights isn't TRYING something. It's just ignoring it and hoping it will magically go away. It's like "man I'm getting fat. That 5 day diet didn't help, maybe these potato chips will"
                              You sound like a doctor I could get behind. You're hired.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Lowry said rest didnt work so they drained his elbow. Thats whst he was talking about. He didnt mean playing through it was better than rest. The fact that he drained it means that he didnt want to play through it
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X