Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    It was 5 days of rest, perhaps that was the prescribed amount?
    I dunno if you saw the pic of his elbow but it looked like it had some purple flesh eating bruise and a tennis ball inside it. 5 days? I've fallen on my elbow with a bruise 5% of that one and it takes over a week to move without pain. And that's without continually playing contact sports and using it to shoot.

Forget what the doctors precise or what dwane or kyle feel like doing. Form your own opinion. What do YOU think is the best course of action in this issue so that WE can have a succesful playoff run??
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It was 5 days of rest, perhaps that was the prescribed amount?
      Well, 4 days. He played 40 minutes on Mar 20th, "rested" on 21,22,23,24 and played 41 minutes on Mar 25th.

So if 4 days didn't work, try longer perhaps?
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I dunno if you saw the pic of his elbow but it looked like it had some purple flesh eating bruise and a tennis ball inside it. 5 days? I've fallen on my elbow with a bruise 5% of that one and it takes over a week to move without pain. And that's without continually playing contact sports and using it to shoot.

Forget what the doctors precise or what dwane or kyle feel like doing. Form your own opinion. What do YOU think is the best course of action in this issue so that WE can have a succesful playoff run??
        I mean you can use your own personal experience to compare if you want, but it's never going to be the same and I'm assuming you're not a Raptors physician. The team decided to try 5 days of rest and then try playing through it, to me, since I'm no expert on sports medicine and don't have direct access to Lowry or the situation, I'm going to value and respect their judgment. Whether you think I'm an idiot for doing that or not is up to you. But I think it's perfectly logical and reasonable to expect professionals to handle a situation like this properly. Not saying they can't be wrong, but in this case I'm going to roll with it.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Well, 4 days. He played 40 minutes on Mar 20th, "rested" on 21,22,23,24 and played 41 minutes on Mar 25th.

So if 4 days didn't work, try longer perhaps?
          Well yes I suppose you could try longer, but they must've decided not to do that since Lowry played afterwards.

Comment

I mean you can use your own personal experience to compare if you want, but it's never going to be the same and I'm assuming you're not a Raptors physician. The team decided to try 5 days of rest and then try playing through it, to me, since I'm no expert on sports medicine and don't have direct access to Lowry or the situation, I'm going to value and respect their judgment. Whether you think I'm an idiot for doing that or not is up to you. But I think it's perfectly logical and reasonable to expect professionals to handle a situation like this properly. Not saying they can't be wrong, but in this case I'm going to roll with it.
            Except that the bold is quite easily proven as problem not just on our team but in professional sports in general.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Except that the bold is quite easily proven as problem not just on our team but in professional sports in general.
              Actually no it isn't. Just because it may have been an issue before doesn't mean it's a problem now.

Comment

Actually no it isn't. Just because it may have been an issue before doesn't mean it's a problem now.
                But you can physically see the injury. You've heard lowry and Casey say it's affecting shooting. It's basically a nothing game. And you're still choosing to just tow the company line? OK.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Even if Lowry was 100% healthy it makes sense to get him some rest.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    But you can physically see the injury. You've heard lowry and Casey say it's affecting shooting. It's basically a nothing game. And you're still choosing to just tow the company line? OK.
                    Yes I can see the injury and I know he's hurt. But he said they came to the decision after the rest to try playing through it. Hell they might even decide he's not going to play tonight. The way I see it I'm not a doctor who can make a medical assessment of the situation, and if they've determined that playing through it could help him get over it, then that's what they've determined. When it comes to things like coaching where I know more about the way the game of basketball is supposed to be played, or trades/free agent signings where I can research and figure out how good players actually are then I'd feel more justified in questioning organizational decisions than with something medicinal like this.

You guys are talking to me like I'm crazy or something, but that's really not the case. I'm just not claiming to know more than I actually do.

Comment

Yes it is. There are plenty of instances where medical advice was impacted by the desire for wins, or a player/coach/GM ignoring unbiased medical advice to play through an injury. So it isn't perfectly reasonable to assume they will handle things properly when the opposite happens on a regular basis.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I know it's more of a risk for him to play tonight than to not play.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I know it's more of a risk for him to play tonight than to not play.
                          But you don't know that you're just making assumptions.

Comment

I know it's more of a risk for him to play tonight than to not play.
                            Even without a doctor's degree

Comment

But you don't know that you're just making assumptions.
                              haha, it's always more of a risk to play than to not play.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                haha, it's always more of a risk to play than to not play.
                                Sure mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X