Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Pretty sure that's the other way around.
    Then you are mistaken. You have argued against nearly every poster on this for 2 days with nothing but "Lowry said..." This is the type of situation where a poster needs to learn to step back from the keyboard.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Then you are mistaken. You have argued against nearly every poster on this for 2 days with nothing but "Lowry said..." This is the type of situation where a poster needs to learn to step back from the keyboard.
      You refuse to even accept the idea that there might be logic behind the organization's decision to play him. That's all I'm saying, is that I think there is a logical and likely medical reason why the team is opting to play him after experimenting with 4-5 days of rest.

I've even said that if the team determines that playing him isn't working, then they could easily go back to the rest option or try something else. I don't see why you're trying to put me at fault and tell me to stop posting simply for having faith in the management and training staff of the team.

I also spent a good chunk of the summer arguing with the majority of you (many of the same people) that trading DeRozan for a mid-late 1st or some similar minimal return was a bad idea, and that has been proven correct. Not saying I'm always right, I'm not, but the majority isn't always right either and I'm allowed to have, express and argue a different opinion.
      Last edited by JWash; Wed Mar 30, 2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Lowry is still shooting like dog shit (3-17 tonight so far). Please for the love of god, rest the fucking guy, the elbow is clearly bothering him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Lowry is still shooting like dog shit (3-17 tonight so far). Please for the love of god, rest the fucking guy, the elbow is clearly bothering him.
          They tried 4 days already. Only thing left to do is average 40 mins a game until the playoffs start. That should help get his shot back.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            They tried 4 days already. Only thing left to do is average 40 mins a game until the playoffs start. That should help get his shot back.
            I mean, it's the only sensible solution. Clearly, the only way to heal an injury is to use the injured body part as much as possible.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• We made it...pull the season plug or limit to 20 mins the next few games

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                Isn't that just so casey? Just keep pounding the fucking rock with your head until youre concussed?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• And he still played 40 mins tonight....Casey is a fucking idiot.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Surprised by the number of posts here arguing for no correlation between minutes played and injuries. Could anyone with that point of view please explain why the entire league has been playing starters fewer and fewer minutes, a trend spanning the past several seasons? The mpg that were standard for star players 10 years ago just don't exist anymore. Why? Why did the NBA just experiment with a 44 minute game in this year's preseason?

James Harden, this season's mpg leader, would have been 24th on the list in 04/05. 24th!!! Eight guys that season topped 40 mpg. No one does that anymore. There's a reason, and it's not because coaches like bench players more and All-Stars less.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      I also spent a good chunk of the summer arguing with the majority of you (many of the same people) that trading DeRozan for a mid-late 1st or some similar minimal return was a bad idea, and that has been proven correct. Not saying I'm always right, I'm not, but the majority isn't always right either and I'm allowed to have, express and argue a different opinion.
                      This is the worst justification, and is just plain hubris.

I would argue every single poster here could describe that exact same experience.

I vehemently argued in the free agent thread for that we need more shooting, and was told we didn't need shooting by about half the board...only to have them all agree with me 6 months later

*Also for DD, there is plenty of evidence saying that we really aren't worse off when he isn't on the floor, so trading him for a first is still better than letting him walk this offseason. Which we still should.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Surprised by the number of posts here arguing for no correlation between minutes played and injuries. Could anyone with that point of view please explain why the entire league has been playing starters fewer and fewer minutes, a trend spanning the past several seasons? The mpg that were standard for star players 10 years ago just don't exist anymore. Why? Why did the NBA just experiment with a 44 minute game in this year's preseason?

James Harden, this season's mpg leader, would have been 24th on the list in 04/05. 24th!!! Eight guys that season topped 40 mpg. No one does that anymore. There's a reason, and it's not because coaches like bench players more and All-Stars less.
                        I agree with you. Saying injuries and mpg have no correlation is pretty misinformed imo.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• The past two games should remove any doubt that the elbow injury is bothering Lowry. Even if he's capable of playing through the injury, I'd hate to think what sort of impact 'adapting to the pain' will have on his shooting mechanics if/when the pain subsides (let alone causing another injury by compensating for the pain of the first injury).

Rest would be beneficial indirectly, if not directly for the injury. Plus, rest for a key contributor who's in the top-10 for MPG league-wide, on a team that has no need to win down the stretch, can only be a good thing; a healthy, fully healed, well rested Lowry is critical for this team to have playoff success (especially beyond the first round).

After 2 days of debate, I have yet to see a single reason given why Lowry should play (at all, let alone heavy minutes) down the stretch. How does playing heavy minutes, with an injury, benefit Lowry and/or the team? People have argued that he could play, that he's capable of playing, that rest isn't 100% necessary to rehab this particular injury, yet I haven't read a single reason in favor of playing. I just don't get it...

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I just don't get it...
                            Because 4-19 shooting is sufficient for the Raptors to win games, even more so...is those shooting percentages will become even more useful come playoffs

Comment

• Meh! One of lowrys best playoff performances was the one Brooklyn game where he was literally hobbling on one foot the ENTIRE game! I SAY PLAY ON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                Meh! One of lowrys best playoff performances was the one Brooklyn game where he was literally hobbling on one foot the ENTIRE game! I SAY PLAY ON!
                                Of his 11 playoff starts, 4 of them were last year (hurt and terrible) and the other 7 were that Nets series. Not exactly a big body of work to base off of.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X