Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry's Elbow Injury - to rest, or not to rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I expect him to rest at least 2 probably 3 of remaining games. Rest him on back to backs limit minutes in other games.
    Interestingly, from the sloan piece, back-to-backs have very little impact on injury probability.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      I don't think Lowry is in there playing because we're trying to win games, I think there's actually a medical reason for it.
      Yeah maybe his cholesterol is high. Maybe he has hemorrhoids and can't sit for extended periods of time. Maybe he just hates wearing a suit and would prefer to wear shorts, sneakers and a tank top to work (wouldn't we all?).

lol is all I can say.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I expect him to rest at least 2 probably 3 of remaining games. Rest him on back to backs limit minutes in other games.
        But why not just rest him nowwww? Right now while the injury is at its worst. I suggested a week to 10 days and other people I respect around here seem to have the same sentiment.

10 days. That takes us right to the last 3 easy games to tune up again. If its still not healed(although the chances of it not being significantly better after 10 days of rest are slim) then fuck it, this is the lowry we're taking into the playoffs. But at least you TRIED to bring him to KLOE again
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          But why not just rest him nowwww? Right now while the injury is at its worst. I suggested a week to 10 days and other people I respect around here seem to have the same sentiment.

10 days. That takes us right to the last 3 easy games to tune up again. If its still not healed(although the chances of it not being significantly better after 10 days of rest are slim) then fuck it, this is the lowry we're taking into the playoffs. But at least you TRIED to bring him to KLOE again
          This seems like the only sensible plan. We gain nothing by winning these games.

Comment

But what's the benefit of that? The injury is not getting any real rest that way. Sit him for a week or more, give him a couple games to shake the rust off right before the playoffs.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              Yeah maybe his cholesterol is high. Maybe he has hemorrhoids and can't sit for extended periods of time. Maybe he just hates wearing a suit and would prefer to wear shorts, sneakers and a tank top to work (wouldn't we all?).

lol is all I can say.
              For argument's sake; let's say he's playing because there's a medical reason for it.

Is there than a reason for why he played for 40 minutes? More than any of his other team mates (who presumably aren't injured or they, like Scola, wouldn't have played) or even his already own high average minutes per game?
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Idk how that's clear. Sounds like guessing games to me. There's no reason for the coaching staff to ignore the medical team.

Comment

I think it's become quite clear that the problem is McKechnie is not being given autonomy and the respect that his status in the industry should command. I imagine it goes something like this:

Alex: carroll/lowry/etc shouldn't play right now
                  Dwane: but CAN he play
                  Alex: well..yes, but rest really is the best medici-
                  Dwane: that's not what I asked you doc
                  Alex: *sigh*
                  Yeah. Despite JWash arguing that Casey isn't making these decisions autonomously, I have a hard time believing the medical staff recommended 40 minutes for Lowry last night.

Comment

Yeah!!

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      But what's the benefit of that? The injury is not getting any real rest that way. Sit him for a week or more, give him a couple games to shake the rust off right before the playoffs.
                      What medical basis are you using to make that evaluation though? That's just your own personal feeling on what they should do without any access to medical equipment, Lowry's chart or world class facilities...

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Yeah. Despite JWash arguing that Casey isn't making these decisions autonomously, I have a hard time believing the medical staff recommended 40 minutes for Lowry last night.
                        I didn't say it was a good idea for Lowry to play 40 minutes last night. Considering the game was over before the 4th I really don't know why he played that much. Not talking about the injury, just the fact that we don't need guys playing that much in general if we've already pretty much won (although Atlanta did get back in it for a bit).

Comment

What medical basis are you using to make that evaluation though? That's just your own personal feeling on what they should do without any access to medical equipment, Lowry's chart or world class facilities...
                          Please, cite me one example where a player playing through a mechanical injury made it better in short order. Any sport.

Comment

• JWash wrote:
                            No.
                            Alright. So I backed up my argument with several independent sources saying rest helps avoid injuries, but you can't cite a single example of 'playing through it' helping with an injury?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Please, cite me one example where a player playing through a mechanical injury made it better in short order. Any sport.
                              Allen Iverson, bursitis, 2001 playoffs and regular season.

Comment

Allen Iverson, bursitis, 2001 playoffs and regular season.
                                Didn't make it better. Ended up having offseason surgery required. He played through it, but it did not make it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X