Game #75: Toronto Raptors 99- Memphis Grizzlies 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    JV with 36 minutes. When's the last time that happened?
    Dwayne Casey's idea of April fools. Inexplicably back to his low minutes now after this.

Comment

• I wasn't sure how JV would handle 21 mins in the second half. I thought he might be gassed with a few mins to end the 4th. It was great to see him being active and effective to end the game. There should be no reason for him to average 26 mpg.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        I think we are onto something with this Powell guy. I don't think he is just another role player. Obviously he needs to improve in everything he does on the court but when you look at it what is it that he cant do on the court?

Definitely more than a role player in my opinion but he definitely needs to improve much more.
        He seems to have a high work ethic. He's 24? Should continue to improve for the next couple of years. His 3-pt shot is likely going to get him into the starting five when all is said and done.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          ...They're either going to come out against San Antonio red-hot riding the momentum from this game, or it's going to be an absolute stinker.
          Or somewhere inbetween.

Comment

• JV and JT looking like a really good pairing. JT has just enough offense that you can't leave him wide open, and his mobility is soooooooo much better than Scola's. He really gets around the floor on D and is a much better help defender.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• One thing though. Even with no Scola clogging things up offensively, JV only made one (albeit awesome) FG in 36 minutes.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                One thing though. Even with no Scola clogging things up offensively, JV only made one (albeit awesome) FG in 36 minutes.
                JV's offence is not what gets impacted by Scola, that's mostly driven by whether the guards feel like sharing that game. When they do, we get the beauty of a game that the Hawks game was.

What gets bogged down is DeMar and Lowry's offence, as the lane gets too clogged.

Scola hurts the offence for sure (because of his impact on the guards) but where he really kills us is on defence - and JV just had his best defensive game probably of his career.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  JV and JT looking like a really good pairing. JT has just enough offense that you can't leave him wide open, and his mobility is soooooooo much better than Scola's. He really gets around the floor on D and is a much better help defender.
                  It's about the best you could hope for given Patterson's deathly allergy to being a starter.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Great game yesterday. I'm of the opinion that any win on the road is a good win. Memphis was junking this up so bad - playing the old 'the refs can't call a foul every play, so we're going to foul every play' game - but our boys fought through it.

Huge huge huge kudos to DeMar, who ignored the hacking, ignored the refs, and went about his business. Never stopped attacking the basket, even though he knew he was going to get mauled. Last night might have been my favourite DeMar game ever. I really hope he keeps up that strategy focussing on the game, and not the calls. Lowry did the same as well. I think Matt made the point that the Houston fiasco might have caused a sea change in their approach.

Excellent game by JV. Great work protecting the rim and fighting for boards in the rugby match that was being played under the basket. Clutch free throws in end. Dwane, that man is your closer. For the love of god, keep him in at the end.

Ross rose to the occasion in the second half. Powell great on both ends. Nice contribution from Thompson. Masai, you're going to have to bribe some doctor or trainer to invent an injury for Scola so that he can't be dressed in the playoffs, so that there's no chance that he sees the floor.
                    Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Apr 2nd, 2016, 12:29 PM.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Don't know if anyone else agrees, but the Grizz seemed as good at stripping balls on drives as any team I've seen this year. Even one and maybe 2 of Barnes' fouls looked like clean strips,
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                      X