Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    At the end pop says "I swear to god, don't push it"

What happened in that game that made him mad? Was he pissed cause Dwane sat Demar and Kyle?
    I think he either said:

1. "I think you're going to get to the finals, I swear to God. No Bullshit".

or:

2. "I think you're going to get a fine, I swear to God, don't push it" (referring to resting players?).

My guess is option 1 is more likely.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

This is SERIOUS respect. Haralabos saying that when healthy, we draw even with the Spurs in a 7-game series?
      Drawing dead means he thinks the raptors would have a 0% chance in that series.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Spurs and Memphis broadcasters were all extremely impressed with JV, lots of positive things to say. Considering these guys have been watching Marc Gasol, Z-Bo, and Tim Duncan for years, that says a lot.

I also wish the Raptors had adjusted to feature JV in SA instead of just having CoJo try to replicate Lowry, but we already know they don't change gears like that. Whoever steps into the guard spots, they play the same way KL + DD do. Whether it's CoJo being Lowry-lite or Ross being DeRozan 2.0, his has been true for some time.

Delon looked really, really good. I'm excited about the Powell/Wright future, too. Also, how great is it to have the 905? Helps so much.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post

take is as what you want
          "Fuck those assholes on RR. I think you're doing a fine job. I swear to God. No bullshit.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Drawing dead means he thinks the raptors would have a 0% chance in that series.
            He was just pissed that the Raptors dragged it out and lost him his under bet.

But yeah, he meant no chance and with all due respect, he's not incorrect.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Well... probably the best quarter of basketball JV has played on both ends of the court. Seriously hilarious how the only people who can seem to stop him when he has his momentum and decision making down is the coach and his back court. That probably should've been a 30 point game for him. If it wasn't it should've been because they were bending the defense to double him consistently, which wouldv'e helped us anyways. Honestly when he doesn't hesitate and just pulls up and knocks down those jumpers then faces up and attacks the rim he's a monster... I don't understand why he isn't the clear cut number 3 option out there. And honestly, I think he should probably be more of a 2b than 3.

Powell just became one of my favorite players in the open court and transition throughout the league. When he shoots i also expect it to go in already. Seriously impressed with how quickly he adapted to the NBA game and figured out how to finish around the rim.

Wright is good, like probably reliable back up already good. Really love how he gets to the rim and sees the court.

Wright and Powell could be one of the best defensive pairings at the 1/2 spots in a year or two. Both seem to have great instincts and effort, plus length. Hopefully they keep developing and we can see that become a reality.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Spurs and Memphis broadcasters were all extremely impressed with JV, lots of positive things to say. Considering these guys have been watching Marc Gasol, Z-Bo, and Tim Duncan for years, that says a lot.

I also wish the Raptors had adjusted to feature JV in SA instead of just having CoJo try to replicate Lowry, but we already know they don't change gears like that. Whoever steps into the guard spots, they play the same way KL + DD do. Whether it's CoJo being Lowry-lite or Ross being DeRozan 2.0, his has been true for some time.

Delon looked really, really good. I'm excited about the Powell/Wright future, too. Also, how great is it to have the 905? Helps so much.
                Not only their analysts. I watch quite a few non-Raptors broadcasts and the sentiment on JV overall is extremely positive.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  I think he either said:

1. "I think you're going to get to the finals, I swear to God. No Bullshit".

or:

2. "I think you're going to get a fine, I swear to God, don't push it" (referring to resting players?).

My guess is option 1 is more likely.
                  True, he did say no bullshit. Yeah I think he may have said the former statement, it seems more likely.

Probably like "If you can figure out how to use that big man properly..."
                  Casey's like "naw, that's a dumb idea"

Pop "I'm telling you, if you do, I think you're going to get to the finals, I swear to God. No Bullshit"

Casey's like "sure, whatever you say pop... I won a ring with Dallas, I think I know what I'm doing."
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Did get around to watching this game till late last night...great game.

A few things:
                    - lack of an actual system other than the guard dribble attack is going to be a major weakness in the playoffs
                    - defensively not having DD and Scola on the floor is wonderful
                    - JV is a legit #2 offensive option
                    - Patterson needs to start
                    - Ross is a great complimentary player, not effective as the dribble attack guy
                    - Powell. Win
                    - CoJo is burnt out...too many minutes and too much time looking for his shot. We have full Casey'd him
                    - Wright is gonna be really good. To bad he isnt a vets veteran vet tho.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Did get around to watching this game till late last night...great game.

A few things:
                      - lack of an actual system other than the guard dribble attack is going to be a major weakness in the playoffs
                      - defensively not having DD and Scola on the floor is wonderful
                      - JV is a legit #2 offensive option
                      - Patterson needs to start
                      - Ross is a great complimentary player, not effective as the dribble attack guy
                      - Powell. Win
                      - CoJo is burnt out...too many minutes and too much time looking for his shot. We have full Casey'd him
                      - Wright is gonna be really good. To bad he isnt a vets veteran vet tho.
                      I definitely agree that us relying on our guards to get into the paint and make something happen as our only offense is my biggest fear come playoff time. Cause it isn't easy getting into the paint in the playoffs when teams up the anti defensively. Also if Cory is burnt out and that's why he's playing so shit then I guess we might as well expect this Cory in the playoffs because he isn't going to get much rest the rest of the way.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/Bballfore...82110218457088

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bballfore...457088/video/1

"I think you're getting to the finals. I swear to God, no bullsh*t" - Popovich to Raptors head coach Dwayne Casey.

If you watch the video I think you can lip read something of that sort.

Popovich believes! (I think)

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          I definitely agree that us relying on our guards to get into the paint and make something happen as our only offense is my biggest fear come playoff time. Cause it isn't easy getting into the paint in the playoffs when teams up the anti defensively. Also if Cory is burnt out and that's why he's playing so shit then I guess we might as well expect this Cory in the playoffs because he isn't going to get much rest the rest of the way.
                          We could always rest him and use Delon as a backup...

Comment

Working...
                          X