Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Time FAVORITE Raptor? - The Remake

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All-Time FAVORITE Raptor? - The Remake

    August 4, 2010:
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Who is it? The silky smooth sniper Dell Curry? The champion heart of Alvin Williams? The blue collar 100% effort of JYD? The in your face, tough as nails and always entertaining Charles Oakley? The diet Coke drinking, hotel room smashing, atomic melt down of a head coach, Kevin O'Neil? I can go on for a long time you know.
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...reatest+raptor

    The results from the poll:
    24% - Alvin William
    18% - Mo Pete
    15% - Chris Bosh
    12% - Vince Carter
    12% - Jerome Williams
    6% - Doug Christie
    6% - Andrea Bargnani
    6% - Anthony Parker
    0% - Charles Oakley
    0% - Dell Curry

    Almost six years later let's do this again. I've added an "other" option this time and eliminated the bottom four players to make room for three guys who really went on to make a larger positive impact on the franchise. The 'other' option is your write in ballot option; please mention who the player is and why you picked them over the rest. Let's make it a good discussion.
    49
    Alvin Williams
    2.04%
    1
    Mo Pete
    8.16%
    4
    Chris Bosh
    2.04%
    1
    Vince Carter
    40.82%
    20
    Jerome Williams
    6.12%
    3
    Doug Christie
    0.00%
    0
    Jose Calderon
    6.12%
    3
    DeMar DeRozan
    8.16%
    4
    Kyle Lowry
    14.29%
    7
    Other
    12.24%
    6

    The poll is expired.


  • #2
    How the ever living fuck is Damon Stoudamire not on that list?????

    Comment


    • #3
      Is Mighty Mouse your favorite Raptor all time?

      Who are you removing to make way for the guy who only played two and a half seasons in Toronto and ended his career here really badly?

      Comment


      • #4
        Lowry.. easily. I don't think we've ever had his mix of passion and talent.

        Comment


        • #5
          All-Time FAVORITE Raptor? - The Remake

          Mo Pete still gets my vote.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • #6
            Superjudge wrote: View Post
            How the ever living fuck is Damon Stoudamire not on that list?????
            This was my first thought. He's the person who actually got me to play basketball (granted; I'm not sure how much agency I had in the matter given I was about 6 when they first came).

            With that said; given he's not on the list; my answer is easy: Kyle Lowry.
            Last edited by Just Is; Sun Apr 3, 2016, 02:01 PM.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

            Comment


            • #7
              EASILY Vince Carter. Greatest Raps of all time.
              Mamba Mentality

              Comment


              • #8
                I voted Other, because my fave Raptor was my fave player growing up.... (I used to try and emulate his shot, shooting up 3's daily)

                And you all know who he is already, since I've said it before. Peja Stojackovic. ^~^
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                Comment


                • #9
                  Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
                  I voted Other, because my fave Raptor was my fave player growing up.... (I used to try and emulate his shot, shooting up 3's daily)

                  And you all know who he is already, since I've said it before. Peja Stojackovic. ^~^
                  I totally forgot he was a raptor, that's crazy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    I totally forgot he was a raptor, that's crazy
                    2 games.... I had him as my profile pic for a while too.

                    I know all about the odd guys who were Raps... still mad we traded away Jarrett Jack for him though. Ugh.... Colangelo.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      For me its Jose.... and it was close with Vince....

                      Jose is not the best Rap but my favourite because he always gave it everything he had...and regardless of the PG controversy du jour he never had a bad word to say about anyone else on the team.

                      Consummate pro ... made the guys around him better with his excellence and unselfihsness in the PnR... Those passess to Bosh and Amir. Those guys really benefited from his team first and win first approach. Check around the league as well. No one has bad things to say about him.

                      Hope we get him back so he can retire a Raptor.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        For me its Jose.... and it was close with Vince....

                        Jose is not the best Rap but my favourite because he always gave it everything he had...and regardless of the PG controversy du jour he never had a bad word to say about anyone else on the team.

                        Consummate pro ... made the guys around him better with his excellence and unselfihsness in the PnR... Those passess to Bosh and Amir. Those guys really benefited from his team first and win first approach. Check around the league as well. No one has bad things to say about him.

                        Hope we get him back so he can retire a Raptor.
                        Yeah DD called him the best teammate he ever had and that was well after he left. He's def one of my all-time favs too. I was actually sad when he left and I can't say I really felt that way about any other raptor who's left. Of course I'm glad now because Lowry took off but its a shame Jose is stuck getting booed in NY like we booed Bargnani. Would love for him to retire here too.
                        Last edited by Machine; Sun Apr 3, 2016, 02:49 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Amir should be on the list.
                          I can't choose between Amir, Jose and Mo Pete.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            TRex wrote: View Post
                            EASILY Vince Carter. Greatest Raps of all time.
                            I also want to add, I really hope Vince retire as a Raptor. Play his last year here or sign a 1 day contract like Roy Halladay. It would be the perfect ending for his Hall of Fame career.
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I had to go with Lowry. Guy is just a beast and does everything on the floor. If I was basing on personality, likeability and professionalism I'd say Jose or Amir. Of course they did great things on the floor as well but I give Lowry the edge. He really helped change the perception of this team moreso than any other player I think.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X