No announcement yet.

All-Time FAVORITE Raptor? - The Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing new. T-Mac said he regretted his decisions about three years ago.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Apollo wrote: View Post
      Nothing new. T-Mac said he regretted his decisions about three years ago.
      we can all really thank Butch Carter for that...for playing TMac off the bench instead of in the starting 5 where he belonged alongside Vince instead of behind him in his shadow where anyone would have felt like second fiddle...

Comment

I still think about that sometimes. Imagine if Carter and T-Mac played together in their prime, we would have had a nice franchise history.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
          I still think about that sometimes. Imagine if Carter and T-Mac played together in their prime, we would have had a nice franchise history.
          I go back and forth on this idea. They didn't have the management in place back then. I'm not confident that they would have put the right guys around them to have longevity, to get a real window to have a chance against Shaq & Kobe for instance.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
            we can all really thank Butch Carter for that...for playing TMac off the bench instead of in the starting 5 where he belonged alongside Vince instead of behind him in his shadow where anyone would have felt like second fiddle...
            I'll blame Butch for his thirst for organizational power, but not sure he deserves blame for tuning out TMac.

If anything, Butch allowed TMac to climb out of the abyss that Darrell Walker buried him in.

Comment

Look now, we all love K Low, aka the bid-ness man, TCB night in night out. he's brought us to a new sense of hope with his allstar play.

Amir's been the heart and hustle for such a long time, never needing the touches to play like an animal on the glass and defensively but.....
              Jose Calderon's just such an old school class act. Never complaining no matter how bad the team was... passing out gatorades to the rooks and vets after the game in the locker room even though he was the starter/vet. Can't hate on the guy at all, such an unselfish player
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                Apollo wrote: View Post
                I go back and forth on this idea. They didn't have the management in place back then. I'm not confident that they would have put the right guys around them to have longevity, to get a real window to have a chance against Shaq & Kobe for instance.
                I dunno...I think Glen was a great GM and although Butch was a power hungry goon that burned all his bridges...he was a solid coach and Glen/Butch that had a good plan, add vets around Carter & Tmac...I think if TMac had re-signed with Vince being a superstar of the league...Toronto would never have had the proper of attracting good FA's like they did for the next 15 years..

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I'll blame Butch for his thirst for organizational power, but not sure he deserves blame for tuning out TMac.

If anything, Butch allowed TMac to climb out of the abyss that Darrell Walker buried him in.
                I agree in the 1st year he took over...but his 2nd season as HC with Tracy on a contract year and clearly a part of the future of the franchise, plug him in the starting 5 beside Vince! ah well...we'll always have the what if...and TMac will always live in regret

Comment

Working...
                X