Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors On-Jersey Ads: can RR raise the $4M required?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam17 wrote: View Post

Three-year PILOT program, but I don't give a fuck. Just don't ruin this beautiful game with some stupid rule changes and I'll be a happy fan.

Comment

No one ever complained when Nike or Adidas had their logo on every single piece of clothing NBA players wore.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

The other funny thing is how much money consumers already pay for branded clothing. Seriously, a ton of people won't care about this at all.

I'd be pretty pissed if I were a fan of a legacy franchise, like the Celtics. Get that shit off my Celtics jersey.

But then again they'll almost certainly just sell both - the current jersey with ads and the classic jersey without. Buy whichever one you want. Buy both.

There's already soooo much in-game advertising. I think the US broadcasts are even worse. KFC shot charts, insurance company play of the game, etc. etc. etc.

I'm waiting for the first player to sell body space to a sponsor and get a corporate tattoo.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Can I just ask: Why do you care? Why should fans care? What's wrong with putting ads on jerseys?
          I just don't think jerseys should be billboards. Can there not be one fucking space in this world that doesn't get put up for sale and have to be screaming at me to buy something? Actually, nah, fuck it, let's do it. And you know what: let's make all the players get fucking verizon tattoos on their foreheads while we're at it.

It would be one thing if the league was struggling, but all of these motherfuckers are printing money. It's just greed. Pure, unmitigated greed.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Actually not too mad about this

More pissed off that all we hear about during broadcasts is "-insert sponser here-" play, or "MGD"

shit like that pisses me off. We don't need to have the Kia Drive of the night. That really cheapens the league IMO over having ad placement

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
              No one ever complained when Nike or Adidas had their logo on every single piece of clothing NBA players wore.
              Nike and Adidas are apparel companies that made the jerseys. It's expected for an apparel company to have their logo on clothing they've made. It's not normal to have a giant car or airline or fast food company logo on your clothes.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Nike and Adidas are apparel companies that made the jerseys. It's expected for an apparel company to have their logo on clothing they've made. It's not normal to have a giant car or airline or fast food company logo on your clothes.
                The logo will only be 2 inches by 1 inch (same size as the Kia logo on the All-Star Logos) and will only be allowed to have one logo per jersey, which will on the right side (same as the Kia logo). I don't like it, but its not going to be as crazy as people are making it out to be. Especially if its just going to be a Rogers logo (which we all know it will be), it'll just blend in with everything else Raptors related. Lol

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

More pissed off that all we hear about during broadcasts is "-insert sponser here-" play, or "MGD"

shit like that pisses me off. We don't need to have the Kia Drive of the night. That really cheapens the league IMO over having ad placement
                  Amen.

"3rd Quarter Wrap UP presented by Subway" ... Shut up and go Away!!

Comment

I feel the same way, but "KFC Bucket Chart" graphics make me laugh. Get it? KFC. Buckets. lol.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Ya the combo of visual + speaking + the graphics being inexcusably large (ie taking up half the screen) during those types of things is really cheap because they focus your attention on selling the product and not the game. Thats cheap, and doesn't make me want to buy anything

The ads on the scorers table are huge but they are background, so nobody cares. A small thingy on the logo will have essentially no effect.

Comment

Personally I don't care about that. That's been a staple of North American pro sports for so long. I'd actually prefer that to a Kia commercial.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          The logo will only be 2 inches by 1 inch (same size as the Kia logo on the All-Star Logos) and will only be allowed to have one logo per jersey, which will on the right side (same as the Kia logo). I don't like it, but its not going to be as crazy as people are making it out to be. Especially if its just going to be a Rogers logo (which we all know it will be), it'll just blend in with everything else Raptors related. Lol
                          Rogers logo...lol...just in case you forget how you're watching the game

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                            Rogers logo...lol...just in case you forget how you're watching the game
                            Nah, it will probably be a Leafs logo.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I bet BMO will end up forking that $4M for the jersey rights.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I bet BMO will end up forking that $4M for the jersey rights.
                                But what does a bank IIke bmo know about jersey ads?

(I had to)
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X