Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors On-Jersey Ads: can RR raise the $4M required?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors On-Jersey Ads: can RR raise the $4M required?!?

LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/mlse-sets-target-p...y-ads-1.465217

MLSE has tentatively set prices for on-jersey advertising for the Raptors, which could potentially start in the 2017-18 season.

Raptors Republic has a year-and-a-half to raise the $4-5 million required to sponsor the Raptors for a season! RR bake sale? RR cookie drive? Ideas???

I'm so excited that the Raptors are going to look like this in the near future...

OR

OR

OR

Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Apr 5, 2016, 05:18 PM.

Anyone have any idea if the jersey ad revenue would be considered BRI (basketball related income) and be required to be split with the players?

Though I guess that hasn't been decided yet. It's a little different than selling ads in the game program.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      Anyone have any idea if the jersey ad revenue would be considered BRI (basketball related income) and be required to be split with the players?

Though I guess that hasn't been decided yet. It's a little different than selling ads in the game program.
      I'm sure it would be a topic of discussion in next summer's CBA negotiations.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever. I will never buy a jersey with an ad on it. Never.

Comment

The soccer jerseys one is OK because atleast it doesn't become obnoxious. I would prefer none. I think if players want more revenue sharing out of this then they need to give up salary in exchange.

Comment

I'd agree with 1 or 2 ads on a jersey.. but fans need to get something in return too.. Like cheaper playoff tickets? Our playoff tickets were most expensive in the league for 2 fucking years in a row.
            Last edited by rocwell; Tue Apr 5, 2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              This is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever. I will never buy a jersey with an ad on it. Never.
              I second that motion. I absolutely hate the idea.
              rocwell wrote: View Post
              I'd agree with 1 or 2 ads on a jersey.. but fans need to get something in return too.. Like cheaper playoff tickets? Our playoff tickets were most expensive in the league for 2 fucking years in a row.
              What reason do they have to give us anything? Best thing we can do is boycott NBA merchandise until they get rid of it.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Yeah fuck that, this is fucking absurd. I remember talk of this but I can't believe it's actually happening. That is garbage.

Comment

How much of a mock would it be for the Quality knockoffs to leave off the ads and see the merch sales explode?

Comment

Here is hoping pizza pizza doesn't sponsor our jerseys.

Comment

Its probably gonna be biosteel. i already see them everywhere

Comment

Soccer has a running clock and no commercials, so ads on jersey's is somewhat acceptable. NBA games have a bazillion breaks and commercials, we don't need fucking ads on jerseys, we're already getting hammered with fucking ads.

Comment

I don't mind ads as long as they're obscure and not in your face like soccer jerseys. I assume whatever brand of jerseys we're wearing now is on the top right shoulder so maybe a small logo of whatever on the left shoulder is fine. Or perhaps on the back of your jersey at the bottom, although I know there's a few players who prefer to tuck in?
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                            Soccer has a running clock and no commercials, so ads on jersey's is somewhat acceptable. NBA games have a bazillion breaks and commercials, we don't need fucking ads on jerseys, we're already getting hammered with fucking ads.
                            Yeah, that is a huge difference between the two situations, which always get compared when people bring up the idea. NBA with ads could be done with a minimalist approach (small logo on shoulder) but it's still not something I support. They already have ads on the broadcast/scorers table, plus a million commercial breaks. With the new TV rev coming in, I don't see the need for this extra revenue, which will cheapen the look of the brand.

That said, if RR can get on there, I'm all for it.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think I've been resigned to the fact since we noticed nearly all the new logos were similarly proportioned and circular, great for small patches rather than large crests. If the owners can get a few more million dollars a year out of their franchises, they'll do it.

Mind you I already swore off merch and regularly attending games years ago because of pricing. It's exorbitant that billionaires are charging average people hundreds and/or thousands of dollars for a night out at a game with some buddies or the kids. But that's capitalism. If somebody'll pay for it, they'll do it - and so would most of us in their shoes.

Most fans will complain a bit but won't really care - it won't affect their spending behaviour or the bottom line. Remember when NHL rinks used to have white ice and white boards? When NBA arenas used to have local names instead of sponsored one? Does anybody care anymore?

How long until we have a pile of ads plastered on the hardwood?

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                              X