Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very very very very Familiar face showed up again in Sixerland.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very very very very Familiar face showed up again in Sixerland.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...012928256.html

You can call it an expected hire.

Wanna pummel the hell out of this team some more and for nostalgic reasons?

Prediction: Sixers are back in the playoffs within 2 years and are an ECF contender inside 5 years. BC has his dad there to rein in all his bad tendencies. And with Hinkie and his snake oil act gone, Philly is a legit franchise again.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      Prediction: Sixers are back in the playoffs within 2 years and are an ECF contender inside 5 years. BC has his dad there to rein in all his bad tendencies. And with Hinkie and his snake oil act gone, Philly is a legit franchise again.
      Nah 2 years is too soon, Brooklyn maybe the only team in the East who is in a worse shape moving forward then 76'ers. I say at least 3 years.

Good for Colangelo, something tells me he probably learned from his mistakes in Toronto and will be more cautious in the future with his draft picks and who he gives a long term big contract too. On the other hand he needs to rectify his wrongdoings in Toronto when he drafted Bargnani and letting Bosh walk for nothing. I say Colangelo needs to trade Nerlens Noel to the Raptors for peanuts and all will be forgotten

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Nah 2 years is too soon, Brooklyn maybe the only team in the East who is in a worse shape moving forward then 76'ers. I say at least 3 years.

Good for Colangelo, something tells me he probably learned from his mistakes in Toronto and will be more cautious in the future with his draft picks and who he gives a long term big contract too. On the other hand he needs to rectify his wrongdoings in Toronto when he drafted Bargnani and letting Bosh walk for nothing. I say Colangelo needs to trade Nerlens Noel to the Raptors for peanuts and all will be forgotten
        something tells me that noel/grant or okafor could be had for scola's fiba resume

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post

Can't wait to see BC fuck up in Philly now, they will get better though since they can't get any worse, but by the end of BC's contract in Philly, they will have no cap space, and mediocre players on large contracts.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Noel for Scola and a second round pick

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              something tells me that noel/grant or okafor could be had for scola's fiba resume
              Lol I highly doubt he will go the Euro route in Philadelphia. But with Embiid coming back from injury ( whom I wouldnt touch at this point with a 10 ft pole) and Okafor being their star player moving forward, I can see Colangelo shopping Noel around to bolster the guard spot especially if he is able to draft Simmons or Ingram.

Comment

Hinkie's farewell manifesto is one of the funnier pieces of writing I've read in the past year.

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2016/0406/nba_hinkie_redact.pdf

Comment

RIP Sixers title chances.

I guess a bunch of perpetual 8th-11th place finishes it is for them.

Can we somehow fleece them?
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post

Colangelo might be a great choice for them. He enters into a great situation. Better than Toronto at the time he took over.

People in here forget all the good things he did in Phoenix drafting Amare and the Matrix for example. Also bringing in Raja Bell and Joe Johnson for practically nothing. Then there's Nash...

One of his best skills was finding value where no one else could such as Jorge Garbojosa, Anthony Parker, JaMario Moon, Sonny Weeks, etc. Players of varying impact but all useful.

Comment

Noel for Lowry?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

Outside of Bargnani, he was pretty good with drafting talented players. DeMar, Ross, JV were all drafted by BC and he traded for Kyle as well. Basically a large part of this teams core is BC's doing, so can't say his tenure was all that bad.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Outside of Bargnani, he was pretty good with drafting talented players. DeMar, Ross, JV were all drafted by BC and he traded for Kyle as well. Basically a large part of this teams core is BC's doing, so can't say his tenure was all that bad.
                          This is true, but his swing for the fences moves basically always ended up negating his good moves. Masai fairly quickly cleaned up his mistakes which was nice for us. If I'm not mistaken, when Masai walked in here it seemed like an impossible task. We had no cap room and we're full of overpaid players that nobody would want. Somehow he got it done.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I never had a problem with Colangelo's eye for talent. It's his ability to assemble a functional roster that always screwed him over (at least in Toronto).

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Hinkie's farewell manifesto is one of the funnier pieces of writing I've read in the past year.

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2016/0406/nba_hinkie_redact.pdf
                              I couldn't get past the 2nd page. Basically read like, "don't blame me we sucked, because everyone sucks sometimes".

Comment

Working...
                              X