Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very very very very Familiar face showed up again in Sixerland.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RepTdot wrote: View Post
    ignoring the nepotism at play in the BC hiring...I think he's gonna do real well in Philly...Okafor, Noel, Saric, Embid, Saukas, Simmons/Ingram? & upto 3 more 2016 1st rd picks, and a war chest of cap space is a dream base to build around...plus they should have the best D-league development team in the league lol BC in Toronto will be defined by Bargnani adventure, O'neil trade, Hedo...I won't hate on his Gay trade because if was a bold move for a talented player who just didn't fit the Casey system but he's the guy that almost swung a Tyson Chandler for Jose deal, drafted & signed DD to a team friendly deal, traded for Lowry, drafted JV and brought a Div title in 06 with great finds like Jorge & Parker. Masai is getting a lot of credit for the success of the raptors but the foundation was laid by BC. I don't think he'll be making the same mistakes as before devaluing 2nd rd picks, constantly turning over the roster and being trigger happy with trades. This is clearly his last chance at running a team..
    Yes but lets not forget, he also inherited a great situation in Toronto when he came in and accelerated the growth and for 1 season it was amazing but after that... he couldn't make it better and he squandered it all. He had no vision.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
      From what I've read it looks to be the latter.
      then scape-goaty and slimey

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        depends, did he snake oil them into what they are or were they informed co-conspirators.
        Pretty sure the sixers knew what they were getting into. Colangelo's are just douches.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Only thing good about BC going to the Sixers is.... we will have a trade partner that will definitely be willing to take on Demar once we sign him to his max and capped out.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
            I read that the ownership leaked Sam's resignation letter 2 hours after he sent it. Douchy Org. Hope they go nowhere fast.
            hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            Pretty sure the sixers knew what they were getting into. Colangelo's are just douches.
            You can't assume that it was the Colangelo's. He wrote that letter to all of the "equity partners." It could have been any one of them and even still, I doubt any of them leaked it as revenge for the 76ers having a bed record. Hinkie bailed on them. Because he didn't want to share his decision making powers so I guess that's a fair reason.

He's obviously a smart guy if a little all over the place, judging by that letter. The owners wanted to reign him in a bit and put a little bit of polish on the "process." Which Hinkie had no desire to do. To me it reads more like the investor letters Hinkie enjoys reading. I imagine he doesn't care much that it was leaked. Or that the media/public is mocking it because really, that's the modus operandi of today.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Yes but lets not forget, he also inherited a great situation in Toronto when he came in and accelerated the growth and for 1 season it was amazing but after that... he couldn't make it better and he squandered it all. He had no vision.
              BC definitely had a vision early on of creating a poor man's Suns team and it largely worked but after the Orlando series, rather than try and re-boot his initial plan, he panicked and pretty much everything from the O'Neal trade until the Gay acquisition was a disaster.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                BC definitely had a vision early on of creating a poor man's Suns team and it largely worked but after the Orlando series, rather than try and re-boot his initial plan, he panicked and pretty much everything from the O'Neal trade until the Gay acquisition was a disaster.
                Everything from that moment on seemed more geared towards making either Bosh or MLSE happy, rather than being part of some effective team-building strategy. I always wondered just how much of a 'final say' BC really had during the last few seasons, because so often the personnel decisions didn't seem to match the plan that he publically laid out.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                  X