Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very very very very Familiar face showed up again in Sixerland.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    Don't forget Colangelo will be able to land something juicy for Okafor in the off season.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Hinkie's farewell manifesto is one of the funnier pieces of writing I've read in the past year.

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2016/0406/nba_hinkie_redact.pdf
    The first few pages are pure fluff, but he's absolutely right that the 76ers are well positioned for future success.

There's a good chance that they have 2 top-5 picks this year which, along with the addition of Saric, could make them an EC powerhouse in a couple seasons.

However, in my opinion, there's 2 reasons why his strategy has failed:

1. No veteran mentors for all the young players to learn how to be professionals, both on and off the court.

2. Poor player evaluation and/or decision making. Embiid is the example of this - he was a big injury risk, overrated, and played the same position as Noel. Plainly, I don't think he was the BPA (before factoring in position played) and he had big bust potential.

I don't want to rehash all the tank debates, but Hinkie is a great example of the difference between 'strategy' and 'management/execution'.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The guy made some good moves and had some gambles blow up in his face. He's the king of risky trades. The trades that led to his demise were the Jermaine O'Neal deals. At the time he was working to convince Bosh to sign an extension and later to resign. Those trades went horribly wrong and so now there's an amnesia around all the good moves he made.

I don't think anyone is fleecing him in Philly. He'll have a clean slate and no superstars being courted by the Lakers and Heat to account for.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Huh? They had title chances?
    That's what's hilarious. After all of it, there are still loads of people who believe in "The Process".

I couldn't get past the 2nd page. Basically read like, "don't blame me we sucked, because everyone sucks sometimes".
    I always gave Hinkie credit for being a very smart snake oil salesman who convinced the townspeople to buy not only a bottle but the whole wagon and then make him mayor of the town. But after reading that I think he might actually believe in his "plan", which means that everyone involved, including him, is way dumber than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    tonious35 wrote: View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...012928256.html

You can call it an expected hire.

Wanna pummel the hell out of this team some more and for nostalgic reasons?
    No surprise here

slaw wrote: View Post
    Prediction: Sixers are back in the playoffs within 2 years and are an ECF contender inside 5 years. BC has his dad there to rein in all his bad tendencies. And with Hinkie and his snake oil act gone, Philly is a legit franchise again.
    No. A team with less than 5 actual NBA players, that has gotten worse every season isn't going anywhere fast. How are they going to convince vets to play there?

Hinkie's farewell manifesto is one of the funnier pieces of writing I've read in the past year.

What a clown

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    RIP Sixers title chances.

I guess a bunch of perpetual 8th-11th place finishes it is for them.

Can we somehow fleece them?
    There's no player on the Sixers that the Raps should be interested with. None of those players know how to win at the NBA level. In fact, players who have left that team since Hinkie took over, have performed poorly for other teams. Hinkie appears to be a poor talent evaluator

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied

I was thinking the same thing. BC always was looking for an upgrade in talent.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Noel for Scola and a second round pick
    And Toronto has the right to a 2017 pick swap. Lol

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied

Huh? They had title chances?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

I couldn't get past the 2nd page. Basically read like, "don't blame me we sucked, because everyone sucks sometimes".

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Outside of Bargnani, he was pretty good with drafting talented players. DeMar, Ross, JV were all drafted by BC and he traded for Kyle as well. Basically a large part of this teams core is BC's doing, so can't say his tenure was all that bad.
    I never had a problem with Colangelo's eye for talent. It's his ability to assemble a functional roster that always screwed him over (at least in Toronto).

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Outside of Bargnani, he was pretty good with drafting talented players. DeMar, Ross, JV were all drafted by BC and he traded for Kyle as well. Basically a large part of this teams core is BC's doing, so can't say his tenure was all that bad.
    This is true, but his swing for the fences moves basically always ended up negating his good moves. Masai fairly quickly cleaned up his mistakes which was nice for us. If I'm not mistaken, when Masai walked in here it seemed like an impossible task. We had no cap room and we're full of overpaid players that nobody would want. Somehow he got it done.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Noel for Lowry?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    tonious35 wrote: View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...012928256.html

You can call it an expected hire.

Wanna pummel the hell out of this team some more and for nostalgic reasons?
    Colangelo might be a great choice for them. He enters into a great situation. Better than Toronto at the time he took over.

People in here forget all the good things he did in Phoenix drafting Amare and the Matrix for example. Also bringing in Raja Bell and Joe Johnson for practically nothing. Then there's Nash...

One of his best skills was finding value where no one else could such as Jorge Garbojosa, Anthony Parker, JaMario Moon, Sonny Weeks, etc. Players of varying impact but all useful.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X