Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you play the next three games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you play the next three games?

The next three games are wide open. We could go 3-0 or 0-3 and it wouldn't matter. We could play all our starters or none. There are no seeding repercussions to think about other than a few ping pong balls. We are not beholden to anyone. So how would you plan things? One instinct may be to rest guys for games but my vote would be to play the starters for as many minutes as Carroll could play to get that unit some cohesion. In the past, Casey would have to sit Lowry in order to get some rest because if he was dressed and it was a close game, the competitive forces would take over and Kyle would play the whole fourth quarter. So, I'd say 20-30 minutes a game for the starters for at least 2 of the games. And maybe a little Brunofest.

Starters playing regular rotations, including Carroll starting (ideally at the 4 but with Casey more likely at the 3 beside Scola), but for only about 24 MPG. For the other 24 minutes, split evenly between the bench main guys and the youngsters. Everybody gets a light load, gets into rhythm.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Vs NYK
      Limit Demar, Lowry, JV, & Carroll to 15-30mins
      Rest Scola

Vs Philly
      Limit Demar, Lowry, JV, & Carroll to 20-30mins
      Rest Scola

Vs Nets
      Limit JV, Ross, Patterson, Bismack, Cojo, JJ, & Powell to 15-25mins
      Rest Demar, Lowry, Carroll, & Scola
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I think you play DeMar, Kyle and Carroll all three games, but put them on a serious minute restriction. No more than 30mins for DeMar and Kyle and then keep an eye on Carroll. I would also start Carroll so he can build up his chemistry with the guys again.

The focus should be keeping guys in rhythm but also limiting minutes to get Bruno, Wright, Powell, and Bebe playing time. It really doesn't matter if they go 3-0 or 0-3 at this point, but I suspect even with this game play they'll go 3-0.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
          Vs NYK
          Limit Demar, Lowry, JV, & Carroll to 15-30mins
          Rest Scola

Vs Philly
          Limit Demar, Lowry, JV, & Carroll to 20-30mins
          Rest Scola

Vs Nets
          Limit JV, Ross, Patterson, Bismack, Cojo, JJ, & Powell to 15-25mins
          Rest Demar, Lowry, Carroll, & Scola
          Never play scola again.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
            I think you play DeMar, Kyle and Carroll all three games, but put them on a serious minute restriction. No more than 30mins for DeMar and Kyle and then keep an eye on Carroll. I would also start Carroll so he can build up his chemistry with the guys again.

The focus should be keeping guys in rhythm but also limiting minutes to get Bruno, Wright, Powell, and Bebe playing time. It really doesn't matter if they go 3-0 or 0-3 at this point, but I suspect even with this game play they'll go 3-0.
            Pick a Line up

1) Lowry - Demar - Powell - Carroll - Jonas
            2) Lowry - Demar - Carroll - Scola - Jonas
            3) Lowry - Demar - Carroll - Jason - Jonas
            4) Lowry - Demar - Carroll - Patterson - Jonas
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Pick a Line up

Lowry - DeMar - Powell - Scola - JV

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just limit minutes for the main guys while easing Carroll back into things. Let's get to the playoffs rested and ready to go.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I would simulate every game and start the playoffs tomorrow.

Comment

Pick a Line up

I love line up number 1! I think it's what ever the intended lineup for playoffs is going to be. Playing Detroit or Indiana you can play the smaller line up.

Comment

I suspect Scola remains a starter though.

Comment

Im all for playing lowry and dd to give carroll back in the flow of things, but he needs to start and play some actual minutes for that. Id still rest those guys once more, to keep the bench guys ready and for rest.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Lowry - DeMar - Powell - Scola - JV

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                          If it ain't broke? That lineup has a -9.8 net rating on the year. Can't get much more broken than that.

I say lineups 1, 3 and 4 from above are all great.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

nobody plays more than 30, scola plays no more than 15. everyone sees the floor.

Comment

You let Lowry and DeRo play the 1st and last games, rest the 2nd.... but neither guy should play more than 25 minutes.

Carroll plays all 3, and you ease him into more minutes each game.

Scola should not see much PT at all and JT should start all 3 games.

I'd like a to see CJ-NP-DC-JT-JV as the starting line-up against Philly.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X