Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Even with his shooting he was a -7 in a 22 point win hahahaha
    True lol. But when he isn't he's like minus 15. So instead of us being down 5-6 we are down 10 and up. So it's still better than nothing. I'm trying to be positive man lol. Cause I know that Casey isn't going to change his ways.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I have zero problems with that Powell dunk.

1. Philly turned it over on the inbounds and Powell had a fastbreak opportunity with no defense in sight. That is NOT like when the other team quits playing, expecting you to dribble it out, then you jack up a shot.
      2. It's the fucking 2015/16 Sixers! They deserve no respect. They certainly haven't given the rest of the league, or their own fans, any.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 3. It was the final play of the last home game of a record setting Raptors season. That one was for the fans, 100%. Screw Philly.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          I have zero problems with that Powell dunk.

1. Philly turned it over on the inbounds and Powell had a fastbreak opportunity with no defense in sight. That is NOT like when the other team quits playing, expecting you to dribble it out, then you jack up a shot.
          2. It's the fucking 2015/16 Sixers! They deserve no respect. They certainly haven't given the rest of the league, or their own fans, any.
          Yeah, the bold is my issue. Normally I don't like this kind of stuff. It's the Sixers though, so who gives a fuck? Act like a joke get treated like one.

Comment

• Plus it's Powell and he's still trying to earn playoff minutes. I think it showed balls and didn't hurt his image in the subconscious of dwane casey
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demarre said he's been fasting and doesn't eat breakfast anymore. He doesn't eat until 1:30pm. He said it's really helped him with his recovery and he read a lot of stuff online on what he should do. So everyone who said he's looked like he lost weight is most likely right. Not eating breakfast isn't good in my personal opinion but losing weight I think is good. The less pressure he has on his knee the better.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• i must disagree ... powell should of let the shot clock expire, yeah its philly but it still disrespectful to the team, the game was won and he was rubbing it in their face .... for me and for powells sense of self it was a dishonourable thing to do

we would get angry if anyone did that to us ... so lets not be hypocritical
                Last edited by Niagara Raptor; Wed Apr 13, 2016, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  Demarre said he's been fasting and doesn't eat breakfast anymore. He doesn't eat until 1:30pm. He said it's really helped him with his recovery and he read a lot of stuff online on what he should do. So everyone who said he's looked like he lost weight is most likely right. Not eating breakfast isn't good in my personal opinion but losing weight I think is good. The less pressure he has on his knee the better.
                  Intermittent fasting is actually an incredibly efficient way to stay lean

Comment

• Go easy on Powell please...it was a t/o, he's a rook, the adrenaline and instincts take over and his mama might be watching. Please. And its the last home game (?).

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Intermittent fasting is actually an incredibly efficient way to stay lean
                      Didn't know that. Well good the hear.

Comment

• Last edited by MixxAOR; Tue Apr 12, 2016, 11:52 PM.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• That was pretty much the ideal way for that game to go.

CoJo and PP got rest (they needed it, both really overworked). Wright and BeBe got time (and did well, though of course the competition was a factor there). We finally got to see some Carroll at the 4 with the starters (sparked the run that blew open the game too, unsurprisingly). Lowry, DD and JV played very limited minutes.

Great job by Casey in this one.

With the usual exception. Scola played 20 minutes and was a -7 in a blowout win. When will we learn? Here's hoping that Carroll lineup might mean enough PP and Carroll minutes squeeze Scola right out of the rotation early in the playoffs.

But that's the yucky bit. Let's talk about some good things! JV and Carroll, mostly.

JV was obviously a head above any of their bigs. 17 minutes, 17 points, 11 boards, a block and +14. Wowzers.

Carroll was less obvious in his performance. 20 minutes (yay, minutes creeping up), 8 points (2 for 5 from three), 6 boards, 2 assists and 1 steal. Oh, and he was PLUS 30! His net rating was the same as his DRTG (+73, 73).

Nogueira was fun. I didn't mind the Powell dunk to end it - you shouldn't be running a play there but a fast break dunk off a turnover for the fans on the last home game of the year? That's fine.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            That was pretty much the ideal way for that game to go.

CoJo and PP got rest (they needed it, both really overworked). Wright and BeBe got time (and did well, though of course the competition was a factor there). We finally got to see some Carroll at the 4 with the starters (sparked the run that blew open the game too, unsurprisingly). Lowry, DD and JV played very limited minutes.

Great job by Casey in this one.

With the usual exception. Scola played 20 minutes and was a -7 in a blowout win. When will we learn? Here's hoping that Carroll lineup might mean enough PP and Carroll minutes squeeze Scola right out of the rotation early in the playoffs.

But that's the yucky bit. Let's talk about some good things! JV and Carroll, mostly.

JV was obviously a head above any of their bigs. 17 minutes, 17 points, 11 boards, a block and +14. Wowzers.

Carroll was less obvious in his performance. 20 minutes (yay, minutes creeping up), 8 points (2 for 5 from three), 6 boards, 2 assists and 1 steal. Oh, and he was PLUS 30! His net rating was the same as his DRTG (+73, 73).

Nogueira was fun. I didn't mind the Powell dunk to end it - you shouldn't be running a play there but a fast break dunk off a turnover for the fans on the last home game of the year? That's fine.
                            Man if we would just learn when it comes to Scola we would be deadly. It's sad that our coach is holding us back because of something as simple as a lineup change.

Comment

• Anyone remember the Gerald Green last second slam in a Boston blowout win?
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, the bold is my issue. Normally I don't like this kind of stuff. It's the Sixers though, so who gives a fuck? Act like a joke get treated like one.
                                Hey, it's the way of the future. Magic beans forever! Just listen to the Hinkie acolytes, all they need is Saric to come over and be a star, Embiid to get 100% healthy, Noel to take a leap, hit on their top pick, get the Lakers pick, hit on it, develop all those guys into stars, make a few trades with their other picks and some smart free agent signings and.... Voila! In 5-8 years they'd have been champs. Dead simple. Can't everyone see how great it's working?

Comment

Working...
                                X