No announcement yet.

Game #81 - Philadelphia 76ers 98 - Toronto Raptors 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guys cannot have a first quarter like that again this year. I give them credit for the second half but even in that they still gave Philly too many easy looks. I chalk this one up to them coasting on a pushover at the end of the season.

Besides a couple rookie mistakes Powell and Wright looked outstanding yet again. Two homeruns on rookies in the same year in the back end of the draft is huge. Gigantic. Especially now with the Raps already on the rise. This is the best time to be a Raptors fan and I think this era will beat out the Carter era.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      The guys cannot have a first quarter like that again this year. I give them credit for the second half but even in that they still gave Philly too many easy looks. I chalk this one up to them coasting on a pushover at the end of the season.

Besides a couple rookie mistakes Powell and Wright looked outstanding yet again. Two homeruns on rookies in the same year in the back end of the draft is huge. Gigantic. Especially now with the Raps already on the rise. This is the best time to be a Raptors fan and I think this era will beat out the Carter era.
      Sure they can! Scola played the entire 1st Q. Easy way to play a first quarter like that.

And remember, the third Q was well on it's way to the same thing (-2 in the first 4 minutes - again, this is against Philly) until Scola subbed out and we went on a 18-5 run in the 5 minutes immediately following the sub.

There was plenty of coasting, but the coasting wasn't really the problem - this team when deployed properly can smash Philly even when coasting (as evidenced by portions of last night). It is whether the team is deployed properly that is the determining factor here.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Sure they can! Scola played the entire 1st Q. Easy way to play a first quarter like that.

And remember, the third Q was well on it's way to the same thing (-2 in the first 4 minutes - again, this is against Philly) until Scola subbed out and we went on a 18-5 run in the 5 minutes immediately following the sub.

There was plenty of coasting, but the coasting wasn't really the problem - this team when deployed properly can smash Philly even when coasting (as evidenced by portions of last night). It is whether the team is deployed properly that is the determining factor here.
        Isn't it possible that Scola gets even more burn in the playoffs? He's almost for sure a starter, and Casey hasn't acknowledged that he's messing up that starting lineup yet. He only saw a minutes decrease because he's old and it's the regular season from what I understand.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          Isn't it possible that Scola gets even more burn in the playoffs? He's almost for sure a starter, and Casey hasn't acknowledged that he's messing up that starting lineup yet. He only saw a minutes decrease because he's old and it's the regular season from what I understand.
          Not only is Scola a vet's vet vet, but he's a vet's vet vet that used to play for our opponent, so he's a vet's vet vet spy vet. I expect 25 mpg.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            I suspect even less burn. His minutes took a huge hit even before JT arrived, then Thompson took more, now carroll will also get minutes at the 4, especially in a series where paul george plays the 4
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

• ^he self high fived after!! LOLOLOLOL

Comment

Working...
                X