Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of Raptors Republic posters are soley pastionate for just NBA / Raptors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a huge basketball fan and will watch any game, but I have absolutely no interest in any other sport. I support the jays but really the only game I watched last year was the last game.

Comment

Yea I consider myself a fan of most sports but the Raps/NBA & NFL are clearly #1 & #1a...not a fan of hockey anymore and I hate the leafs mainly for what they represent (a corporate team extorting fans for no results) and the Jays are nice to follow...in June lol but I played high school basketball & football so yea the sports you can relate too definitely resonate more...then again I play corporate baseball but still can't watch the sport sober lol

Comment

I played badminton, volleyball and a lot of basketball growing up. Though by far my favorites were badminton and basketball. Competed in provincials for volleyball...but too many thumb injuries. Started every game for our high school basketball team but we sucked, so yay? I wish there was badminton on TV

Never played hockey, and frankly can't skate. Watched some cause of friends but meh, overall a boring sport, and too slow.

Now that I'm done university I still play ball three times a week and compete in tournaments. Calgary has a decent group of pick-up ballers Saturday mornings at the Talisman Center (around 9-11:30 am) so if Calgary people still want to play that is your best bet.

I will watch any kind of basketball, though NBA is by far the best to watch. Don't just watch the Raps though, I like the bucks, minny, and a long time portland fan. Obviously a GS bandwagoner, hate the clippers

Overall the TV coverage in Canada sucks, and it is a big reason why the sport doesn't grow faster outside of people moving to new cities. Really a shame.

Comment

Watch Raptors more than anything. I follow the NFL and I'm a big Tampa Bay Bucs fan, also watch most UFC events. I watch college football and basketball to a lesser extent but still a decent amount. I typically watch the big PGA events on the last day. I follow the Lightning and the Blue Jays come playoff time if they're in it. Basically a sports junkie, but Raptors consume more of my time than anything else.

Comment

Played sports in high school on the football, basketball, track and field and badminton teams. Never played hockey. Followed Russell and the Celtics as much as possible in the 60's and 70's. Lived in a rural area with no cable through the 80's. Played recreational men's league hoops from the late 80's till now (strictly oldtimers at this point...just started using my left hand last year and now I'm finally working on my 3 pt. shot).
            And quite frankly I only have time for one sport. Raps eat up 5-6 hours a week of TV time, even with PVR. Who has tie for more than that :-)

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              Played sports in high school on the football, basketball, track and field and badminton teams. Never played hockey. Followed Russell and the Celtics as much as possible in the 60's and 70's. Lived in a rural area with no cable through the 80's. Played recreational men's league hoops from the late 80's till now (strictly oldtimers at this point...just started using my left hand last year and now I'm finally working on my 3 pt. shot).
              And quite frankly I only have time for one sport. Raps eat up 5-6 hours a week of TV time, even with PVR. Who has tie for more than that :-)
              What was it like shooting hoops into a peach basket without the bottom cut out of it?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

i played hockey in a minor league for 10 years while growing up in southwestern ontario. i always found the hockey culture to be totally stifling, everyone so serious about making it big. there's a nationalistic, good ol' boy element i don't like, and i still hate all the schmaltz on TV. it totally turns me off.

i never played more than a few games of organized basketball as a kid, but i followed the NBA and shot around a lot with my friends for fun. basketball is totally different - bigger, more international, younger crowd, more personable. it's just more fun for me. no way i could play a credible game of basketball, so i just watch and enjoy.
                the original brow

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  What was it like shooting hoops into a peach basket without the bottom cut out of it?
                  He's had a pair of short shorts stuck on his ass since 1976. Tried pliers, a pry bar, everything - those speedos ain't coming off.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Why?

Thats what makes no sense to me.
                    very true ... i played rugby and basketball so thats what i like watching

and hockey too because it is everywhere so even though i didnt play i know alot about the sport

Comment

douby leave me wrote: View Post
                      i played hockey in a minor league for 10 years while growing up in southwestern ontario. i always found the hockey culture to be totally stifling, everyone so serious about making it big. there's a nationalistic, good ol' boy element i don't like, and i still hate all the schmaltz on TV. it totally turns me off.

i never played more than a few games of organized basketball as a kid, but i followed the NBA and shot around a lot with my friends for fun. basketball is totally different - bigger, more international, younger crowd, more personable. it's just more fun for me. no way i could play a credible game of basketball, so i just watch and enjoy.
                      sounds like rugby a bit

rugby is small in canada so all the clubs are very close and personable ... like a hobby club i guess full of guys drinking having fun

and because its small in canada they will take anyone who wants to play so its very welcoming to new people ... we are just happy your one of us now lol

Comment

Always been a basketball fan first. Moved to Canada (Toronto) in 95 when I was 5. My grandma used to take care of me back then and she used to play semi-pro back in her day lol. I still remember watching the raps beat Jordan with her. Basically been a raps fan since then. Played ball like all the time as a kid and competitively for a little while. I watch a bunch of European ball as well.

Started following the Jays after we lost to Brooklyn mostly cuz it felt like the season suddenly ended and I still needed a Toronto team to cheer for. Used to hate baseball before that but very into it now.

Never liked hockey. Gave it a try and couldn't get into it.

Other than that I follow Uefa cup/Champions league and international soccer.

Comment

It is nights like last night which is why we love the NBA ... Curry 46 points leads Warriors to historical win mark and Kobe gets 60 in his last game .. Wow what a NBA night ..

Comment

I am a basketball fan but in the NBA while I will watch other teams...like last year me calling the GSW winning...yeah I rep the raptors above all. I rep the Blue Jays above all. I was never a leafs fan only because I am not originally from #the6 so I rep my Winnipeg Jets.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              You can cut the bottoms out of them!!!! WTF

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                He's had a pair of short shorts stuck on his ass since 1976. Tried pliers, a pry bar, everything - those speedos ain't coming off.
                                You should see my highschool yearbook pics.
                                Last edited by Puffer; Thu Apr 14, 2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X