2015 1st round 20th pick – Delon Wright
    2014 2nd round 57th Pick – Xavier Thames
    2014 2nd round 37th pick – DeAndre Daniels
    2014 1st round 20th pick – Bruno Cabolco
    2012 2nd round 57th pick Izzet Turkyelmaz
    2012 2nd round 38th pick – Quincy Miller
    2012 1st round 20th pick – Evan Fournier
    2011 1st round 22nd pick – Kenneth Faried

I got to thinking about how the man drafts and came to a few conclusions.

1.) The man knows how to find value outside the lottery
    2.) He is not afraid to make an unconventional pick
    3.) His past picks give me ZERO indication of how he will lean in this upcoming draft.

What do you think about the man's ability to draft?

This upcoming one will be his first top ten pick. I'm curious to see how he views drafting in the lottery vs not.

* I will likely merge this with the draft thread after a few days if that's the route the conversation takes
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Who the fuck is xavier thames? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Does anyone think storming Norm will become the new Jimmy Butler? Hoping he becomes that jewel of the second round.

all these late picks, imagine if he had a pick in the lottery. Champion dynasty, here we come

Comment

Its funny people complained at the beginning of the season about Masai's ability to draft. Powell has looked terrific for a second rounder, Wright looks like he'll turn into a good player, Bruno is still up in the air, Fournier has been terrific in Orlando and Faried is pretty good for a 22nd pick.

It is amazing considering he hasn't had a chance to draft below 20.

Comment

I think Masai is methodical, where Colangelo drafts a player based on how he hopes he will be, Masai looks at on court intangibles that can translate well in the NBA. If you can do something really well, chances are that Masai will pick you.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post

That was one of the picks we got in the Bargs trade, OKC's 2nd rounder.

In actual fact, he wasn't an MU pick, it was sold to Brooklyn. We drafted the guy for the Nets, just like the Bucks drafted Powell for us.

He's a Mad Ant now.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

So Xavier Thames tripped you up but not freaking Izzet Turkyelmaz?

Comment

He played for Brooklyn a little bit I think
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He definitely gets great players with low picks. You know who else does that a lot? Golden state and San antonio. To me bruno is still the wild card. If he becomes a real nice rotation player, the man is a genius
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                    I think we all assume that name is made up. Just snuck in there to throw us off

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      I think I ate it during Thanksgiving, that's why ya'll never heard of it

Comment

Masai has had some mixed results on draft day. It's a crap shoot, for sure. Looking at the current Raptors roster, Bryan Colangelo did pretty well in the years post 2006 (Bargnani).

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Masai has had some mixed results on draft day. It's a crap shoot, for sure. Looking at the current Raptors roster, Bryan Colangelo did pretty well in the years post 2006 (Bargnani).
                          Our current roster guys drafted by BC were picked 5th, 8th and 9th.

It's a lot easier to do "pretty well" in the draft when your team sucks year after year.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Thought I would throw this out there

Masai Ujiri Draft History

2015 2nd round 46th pick – Norman Powell
                            2015 1st round 20th pick – Delon Wright
                            2014 2nd round 57th Pick – Xavier Thames
                            2014 2nd round 37th pick – DeAndre Daniels
                            2014 1st round 20th pick – Bruno Cabolco
                            2012 2nd round 57th pick Izzet Turkyelmaz
                            2012 2nd round 38th pick – Quincy Miller
                            2012 1st round 20th pick – Evan Fournier
                            2011 1st round 22nd pick – Kenneth Faried

I got to thinking about how the man drafts and came to a few conclusions.

1.) The man knows how to find value outside the lottery
                            2.) He is not afraid to make an unconventional pick
                            3.) His past picks give me ZERO indication of how he will lean in this upcoming draft.

What do you think about the man's ability to draft?

This upcoming one will be his first top ten pick. I'm curious to see how he views drafting in the lottery vs not.

* I will likely merge this with the draft thread after a few days if that's the route the conversation takes
                            Only guy he really missed on was Quincy Miller. DeAndre Daniels could be another guy too, but it's too early to tell. As others noted, he didn't really draft Xavier Thames, we sold that pick. Faried, Fournier, and now Powell are all starters. Wright and Bruno look like promising prospects. I fully believe in Masai's ability to get the best player possible with that Knuggets pick, and a useful player/prospect with our pick.

Comment

i confused him with xavier henry, when i read it.

been some vocal posters about him not being a good drafter. with a background in scouting he has an advantage when watching players. when the coaches talk with him about individual players his opinion is also informed.

daniels has a year or so left before he is a european leaguer but you can't really complain with a list of competent guys while never drafting in the lottery. in fairness there is a lot more leeway for picks outside of the lottery though.

Comment

Working...
                              X