Game #82 - Toronto Raptors 103 - Brooklyn Nets 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We know by now he's at least competent. We've seen him bust them off the dribble over guys Jamal Crawford style
    While that's true, I could find you a highlight reel of DeMar hitting similar contested pull-up 3s, then find you the data that shows he's really bad at them despite hitting a few sometimes.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• They are playing the 905 playbook. "Give Powell the Fucking ball" play right?

Comment

• Bruno for the lead!

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Even if he did, you can't improve your 3pt% that drastically over a weekend. It's simply not possible, or everyone in the league would be 40+% from 3.
          Whats your explanation?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

This is where the cautionary tale of 'if it seems to good to be true' comes in. With a sample size so small, it could be a mirage. Remember the stretch in January/February when DeMar was ridiculously hot from 3 before falling off a bit again?
            This is true but has Demar ever shot it this good even in a short span? And with this much confidence. He is almost automatic now.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Bruuuno!!

Comment

• that stiff Coboclo just score????

Comment

Even if he did, you can't improve your 3pt% that drastically over a weekend. It's simply not possible, or everyone in the league would be 40+% from 3.
                  Everyone is different
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• By the way, I really, really like Powell. Just from a statistical standpoint, have a hard time finding anyone who ever got that good that fast from 3. I have to think there's probably going to be some regression at some point.

And no, I don't completely buy the argument that he simply 'works harder', because that would have to mean he works harder than ANYONE, EVER at improving their 3pt stroke.

Comment

While that's true, I could find you a highlight reel of DeMar hitting similar contested pull-up 3s, then find you the data that shows he's really bad at them despite hitting a few sometimes.
                      His rookie 3 pt stroke is way better than Demars cureent 3 pt stroke. He may never be elite, or he may be, but I'm at least confident he's gonna be respected as floor spacer
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Powell is the king of garbage time
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• there we go

Comment

• Delon Wright, on a confidence scale of 1-10, is about a 3.

Wow.

Bet he'll be decent though.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Whats your explanation?
                              Small sample sizes combined with defenses simply not gameplanning for him hitting 3s yet. He's not a defensive focus of opponents yet. See what happens next year, lots of rookies see some regression once coaching staffs have more film to work with on how they play.

Comment

By the way, I really, really like Powell. Just from a statistical standpoint, have a hard time finding anyone who ever got that good that fast from 3. I have to think there's probably going to be some regression at some point.

And no, I don't completely buy the argument that he simply 'works harder', because that would have to mean he works harder than ANYONE, EVER at improving their 3pt stroke.
                                He's hitting it at a ridiculous rate right now, it's bound to go down. But considering that a 3pt shot wasn't even on his resume, this is really great

Comment

Working...
                                X