Game #82 - Toronto Raptors 103 - Brooklyn Nets 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    His rookie 3 pt stroke is way better than Demars cureent 3 pt stroke. He may never be elite, or he may be, but I'm at least confident he's gonna be respected as floor spacer
    Completely agree, like I said, I really like Powell. I just think he's more likely a 35-38% 3pt shooter than a 44% 3pt shooter, once it evens out over larger sample sizes.

Still, an awesome player and excellent 2nd round pick. His growth has me convinced that even if DeMar leaves this summer, we're perfectly fine with Powell/Carroll/Ross on the wings.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Powell is the king of garbage time
      Nah just the king. You'll see next year when he's getting 20 Min a night every game
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
        He's hitting it at a ridiculous rate right now, it's bound to go down. But considering that a 3pt shot wasn't even on his resume, this is really great
        I agree completely. Like I said, I really like Powell. But he's probably not Steph Curry or JJ Redick, and that's ok.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          By the way, I really, really like Powell. Just from a statistical standpoint, have a hard time finding anyone who ever got that good that fast from 3. I have to think there's probably going to be some regression at some point.

And no, I don't completely buy the argument that he simply 'works harder', because that would have to mean he works harder than ANYONE, EVER at improving their 3pt stroke.
          His poor shooting earlier was a small sample size too. Maybe that was the mirage. Maybe he's worked on it for a year

Comment

• Bebe has looked worse than bruno tonight. He's been awful everytime he gets near the ball

Comment

By the way, I really, really like Powell. Just from a statistical standpoint, have a hard time finding anyone who ever got that good that fast from 3. I have to think there's probably going to be some regression at some point.

And no, I don't completely buy the argument that he simply 'works harder', because that would have to mean he works harder than ANYONE, EVER at improving their 3pt stroke.
              Not everyone in the NBA works hard.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Either Boston wants to start on the road or the five guys that started for the raps have put on the boston green tonight...
                Hard to say... but the Celts are just nowhere to be found tonight and are getting destroyed by the Heat....
                Celts shooting a torrid 31%
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Lol at teaching Bruno to dribble drive instead of catch and shoot

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    His poor shooting earlier was a small sample size too. Maybe that was the mirage. Maybe he's worked on it for a year
                    He shot it at around 30% in four years of college

Comment

Completely agree, like I said, I really like Powell. I just think he's more likely a 35-38% 3pt shooter than a 44% 3pt shooter, once it evens out over larger sample sizes.

Still, an awesome player and excellent 2nd round pick. His growth has me convinced that even if DeMar leaves this summer, we're perfectly fine with Powell/Carroll/Ross on the wings.
                      Yea I agree with that. 36-37% with his ability to get to the basket is going to be amazing. I never thought he would keep up 46% or whatever. That's obvious. But I do think this is showing that he's definitely going to be an above average 3 point shooter on his career.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I agree completely. Like I said, I really like Powell. But he's probably not Steph Curry or JJ Redick, and that's ok.
                        Who said he was?
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I honestly think bruno biggest problem is not talent on skill at all just bball iq. Knowing when to take the shot, when to make the pass

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                            He shot it at around 30% in four years of college
                            But in college guys don't get to work on their games the way they can now because they're technically still in school and have to focus on that as well. Now all they have to do it practice. I bet he put more work in his 3 point shot now than he ever has. And sometimes that's all you need
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I honestly think bruno biggest problem is not talent on skill at all just bball iq. Knowing when to take the shot, when to make the pass
                              YUP! That's his biggest problem now. And it's gonna take a lot time mainly because he didn't start playing bball until a later age and when he did start playing he didn't even get big minutes.

Comment

• I hope no one continues to wonder why Casey hasn't given Bruno minutes this year. He looked totally lost out there. He was the biggest reason they went in the hole 17. He looks still years away and I know it's only one game.

Comment

Working...
                                X