Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors GM Masai Ujiri says Dwane Casey deserves to remain coach

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    Was surprised by what that showed. Not just JV in first, but Monroe really high and Drummond in the 32nd percentile.
    Ibaka (29.9 percentile) and Whiteside (24.5) are a bit surprising as well.

    Also Bismack is not a bad post defender as a someone claimed the other day. Between Tim Duncan and Marc Gasol in the 82nd percentile.

    Mahinmi is in the 74.5 percentile, so it looks like it will be a tough match up for JV.
    Last edited by 3inthekeon; Thu Apr 14, 2016, 11:12 AM.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

    Comment


    • #47
      3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Ibaka (29.9 percentile) and Whiteside (24.5) are a bit surprising as well.

      Also Bismack is not a bad post defender as a someone claimed the other day. Between Tim Duncan and Marc Gasol in the 82nd percentile.

      Mahinmi is in the 74.5 percentile, so it looks like it will be a tough match up for JV.
      Have to keep in mind strength of opposition. 82nd percentile against bench players is not the same as 82nd percentile against starters.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • #48
        DanH wrote: View Post
        Have to keep in mind strength of opposition. 82nd percentile against bench players is not the same as 82nd percentile against starters.
        Good point. JV's numbers seem legit, he's played almost exclusively against starters. Biz has seen a good chunk of minutes against starters as well though, much more than a typical backup, with JV missing a quarter of the season to injury.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

        Comment


        • #49
          3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Good point. JV's numbers seem legit, he's played almost exclusively against starters. Biz has seen a good chunk of minutes against starters as well though, much more than a typical backup, with JV missing a quarter of the season to injury.
          True. But these play type stats barely normalize over an entire season's worth of data.

          It's good that Biyombo has been getting positive results in the post, let's leave it at that.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment

          Working...
          X