X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R.
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    True. But why does he feel the need to comment prior to the playoff?
    He wants to shut out any noise aside from winning each round.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    The other thing to keep in mind here is what else is he going to say?

"Casey's a useless coach, I can't believe he started Luis Scola all season."?
    True. But why does he feel the need to comment prior to the playoff?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    In my view Casey seems to have the respect of the team. This is important too.

Disclosure: I have never been a big fan of DC but whoever's decision it was...the 2 new additional bench coaches and probably Stackhouse was a very good move....and must have provided further assistance to Casey leading to better in game tactical decisions at least.
    Masai was the one that hired Greer, Kalamian and Stackhouse.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    In my view Casey seems to have the respect of the team. This is important too.

Disclosure: I have never been a big fan of DC but whoever's decision it was...the 2 new additional bench coaches and probably Stackhouse was a very good move....and must have provided further assistance to Casey leading to better in game tactical decisions at least.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I personally think it makes sense to keep him on here for now unless something catastrophic happens in round one. He's guided the team to greater and greater heights each and every year. He's a legit candidate for COY. If he makes it into round two or beyond it should be a no brainer. Is he perfect? No, he is not. Like him or not, discredit him all you like but all this success we're seeing happened on his watch and these guys can't coach themselves, they haven't coached themselves. He's been the guy leading them and for that he deserves a shot to see where he can guide them with another season or two. This team is so young and talented, the window of opportunity is large. There is no rush to switch right now.
    Plus you look at the model franchises out west (San Antonio, golden state,..dallas?, ) they all have stability in their coaching staff. You don't just "fire casey" because he does a few things the fan base doesn't like. That's a knicks move, a nets or kings, maybe even a bulls move. The guy is getting results and his best players have bought in. And honestly yeah we'd all like to see JV have more shots but in the opportunities he does get you see he's clearly improving and it hasn't been holding back his development, just his stats.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post

That's also on masai for bringing in scola. He should know by now that giving casey vets vet's at the ymca is like giving crack to a crackhead

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I personally think it makes sense to keep him on here for now unless something catastrophic happens in round one. He's guided the team to greater and greater heights each and every year. He's a legit candidate for COY. If he makes it into round two or beyond it should be a no brainer. Is he perfect? No, he is not. Like him or not, discredit him all you like but all this success we're seeing happened on his watch and these guys can't coach themselves, they haven't coached themselves. He's been the guy leading them and for that he deserves a shot to see where he can guide them with another season or two. This team is so young and talented, the window of opportunity is large. There is no rush to switch right now.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    1ST ROUND EXIT = CASEY IS DONE. I'm not even a hater. It's just business. Bottlers are not welcome in this league.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    How is he not getting the most out of the talent tho? Here is the other 55 win teams:

Golden state: curry Thompson green
    San antonio: Leonard Aldridge duncan parker ginobili green
    Okc: durant westbrook Ibaka
    Cleveland: lebron Irving love

These teams are all way more talented than us. There's teams below us (clippers, Houston, arguable Miami, Atlanta, Chicago) more talented than us.
    The only 2 players he isn't using to his full advantage at this point is jv and to a extremely, probably negligible amount, tross.

Everybody is basically being to their strengths. Demar is at his best as a slashing guard, Lowry is playing at a mvp level, scola is hitting threes, Powell has become a steal, cojo thrives off driving, Patterson has turned into possibly the best glue guy in the league.

As stupid as casey is, it's pretty hard to say he's been a bad coach this year. With the roster makeup, it's pretty impressive he's led a team that was projected to get 44-46 wins to 55. And that with so many injuries the ought the year

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    So far good job Casey. He deserves the endorsement but there's no point if the operation is successful when the patient is dead.

lets wait for Playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I don't think anybody doubted that Casey would be retained beyond this season, pending playoff success.

That still doesn't mean he's a great coach, or that he's getting the most out of the talent that is on the roster.

Those are mutually exclusive issues.
    How is he not getting the most out of the talent tho? Here is the other 55 win teams:

Golden state: curry Thompson green
    San antonio: Leonard Aldridge duncan parker ginobili green
    Okc: durant westbrook Ibaka
    Cleveland: lebron Irving love

These teams are all way more talented than us. There's teams below us (clippers, Houston, arguable Miami, Atlanta, Chicago) more talented than us.

Leave a comment:

• mjt20mik
    replied
    I'm on the fence with Casey, but I do not know who we could get that would be a definite upgrade. Sure people toss out names (JVG, Thibs, etc.), but are they realistic candidates.

I do think his contract will be based heavily on the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    At this point in the season, setting records in wins, Masai is absolutely going to endorse Casey (and rightfully so).

But if the season ends in 2 weeks, Masai's stance could change in a heartbeat.
    and then there is that.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I don't think anybody doubted that Casey would be retained beyond this season, pending playoff success.

That still doesn't mean he's a great coach, or that he's getting the most out of the talent that is on the roster.

Those are mutually exclusive issues.
    Sometimes it's just not possible to use 100% of each player's talent on a team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X