Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is the Bruno Caboclo experiment going to be ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is the Bruno Caboclo experiment going to be ?

Why is this guy been given so much rope ? How many years are the Raptors going to invest a Raptor spot for him ? Why didn't Anthony Bennett receive this much patients ?

at least 4 years and if by year 4 he looks like a player then at least 7 years. kid was basically a high school level player thrown to the wolves.

made giant strides this year. he had many better than 1 for whatever games this year in the d-league. people play the lottery every week with worse odds than bruno of making into this league.

edit add: because bennet is lazy. every time you heard about bennet he couldn't play because reasons.

Comment

I think he's done

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
        Why is this guy been given so much rope ? How many years are the Raptors going to invest a Raptor spot for him ? Why didn't Anthony Bennett receive this much patients ?
        ...he just finished his second year after not playing very much in his first.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

He is Masai's Bargnani..he clearly over-reached for him and now has to prove himself right...but i'd still give him till the end of his contract including the team option before cutting him loose
          Last edited by RepTdot; Thu Apr 14, 2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

He'll get at least as many years as Bennett did to prove something...and last year didn't count for Bruno.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

He's not really costing the franchise much except for a 15th roster spot. Do we really need that extra depth? Bargnani was playing every game he wanted to play.. and basically starting. He was a drain on the court. Bruno has played in only 6 games, for an average about 7mpg.

He needs a lot more time, but in my opinion there is no harm in giving it to him. Apparently he works hard behind the scenes. Maybe AB didn't.

What Bruno needs is to have the game really slow down for him. I don't know what it will take, but usually that comes down to experience and age. So perhaps Fran was dead on. He might need 2 more years. And maybe Masai gives that to him.

Comment

Its not too big of a deal. Now is Masai was forcing Casey's hand to play him, then that's a different story.

Even going into the next year you have:

JV / Bebe
                Patterson /
                Carroll / Bruno
                Demar (will be resigned) / Ross / Powell
                Lowry / Joseph / Wright

11 Players plus two first round picks (if we decide to keep them) and any free agent signings. Having one spot for Bruno really doesn't matter. I really think Wright, Bebe and Powell will get more minutes next year.

Comment

I really don't get the overreaction to Bruno's game last night - I find it ridiculous. The guy hasn't played all year. You throw him into an NBA game alongside two other rookies, a guy who has been with the team long enough to count in days and a fringe NBA player. The guy has played exactly 2 years of real basketball. What do people expect? He was nervous, he has overwhelmed, he hasn't played with any of these guys and he isn't ready.

So, what? The guy's a project. He's a long term investment. He always was. He's exactly the kind of guy a team like Toronto can stash deep on the roster. Some people have zero patience.

Comment

He looks three years away from ain't happening. He has one year left on contract before the team needs to make a decision. On a crap team he'd have lots of time but this team is overflowing with talent and has a bunch of picks in the pipeline. I think they're better off pawning him off on someone else for a late 1st rounder or early second rounder. Cut their losses and move on.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      He looks three years away from ain't happening. He has one year left on contract before the team needs to make a decision.
                      i thought rookie deals were 4 years and have a team option after 3? they will pick up that option. the benefits still outweigh the un-needed cash.

why are people writing this guy off? you can go watch all the d-league games right now. he has improved so much this year. from screaming that a person doesn't know what they are talking about saying he is two years from being two years away to giving up after two years.

his physical tools aren't something you invest millions in to give up on.

of the people writing him off right now how many watched all the d-league games we were able too? those blocks are from the 3 position. those steals are from the three position. that shot is smooth. he shot 34% from 3 in the d-league on a shot he gets off at will because his arms are as tall as our bodies. if the nba average 3pt shooter shoots 35% he is pretty close to one nba skill.

add strength and he is a giant at the 3.

bruno is still a good prospect. i would say more of a prospect now than he was 2 years ago.

Comment

He looks three years away from ain't happening. He has one year left on contract before the team needs to make a decision. On a crap team he'd have lots of time but this team is overflowing with talent and has a bunch of picks in the pipeline. I think they're better off pawning him off on someone else for a late 1st rounder or early second rounder. Cut their losses and move on.
                        I agree. Its not like we wasted a lottery pick on him. Masai wanted to see if he could find a gem in terms of a project player and its been a process. You could see the year after how he changed his draft strategy and got 4 year players.

Comment

How does he have one year left before a decision? Seems like they can let him play out his 4 rookie scale years and then keep him in RFA if they so choose. That would put him about the age of Powell now.

The experiment will last at least for the 4 years of his rookie scale deal. Why wouldn't it? There's practically no downside.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            He's not really costing the franchise much except for a 15th roster spot. Do we really need that extra depth? Bargnani was playing every game he wanted to play.. and basically starting. He was a drain on the court. Bruno has played in only 6 games, for an average about 7mpg.

He needs a lot more time, but in my opinion there is no harm in giving it to him. Apparently he works hard behind the scenes. Maybe AB didn't.

What Bruno needs is to have the game really slow down for him. I don't know what it will take, but usually that comes down to experience and age. So perhaps Fran was dead on. He might need 2 more years. And maybe Masai gives that to him.
                            I think this is the biggest thing. He's young, and he's only even been watching the NBA game for a couple years now, much less playing at a high level. His skills appear to have dramatically improved over the course of the year, and he's clearly worked on his physique.

I think you give him an off season where he can continue to be around the game with some spot minutes and Dleague action next year, there could still be something there. I still think he has the makings of a decent player. We may have to wait until after his rookie contract to see it though lol

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              How does he have one year left before a decision? Seems like they can let him play out his 4 rookie scale years and then keep him in RFA if they so choose. That would put him about the age of Powell now.

The experiment will last at least for the 4 years of his rookie scale deal. Why wouldn't it? There's practically no downside.
                              I think people forget how young he is quite often.

He's just a kid, watching and playing NBA ball for the first time. There's going to be a steep learning curve

Comment

Working...
                              X