X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post

Is Casey staying no matter what?

Comment

I've been looking at this game as a bettor for the past couple hours...And one thing is clear, Pacers are the best team in the NBA when playing on 2 days rest. Actually, if you bet $100 every time on rested Pacers ATS this season, you'd have won ~$975 ( 50% ROI!! ) in profit.

Comment

Good on Casey for the early start comment. Completely disagree with his other comments. First round loss this year would be devastating.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Is Casey staying no matter what? Then it's up to Masai to find a talent we need to win the championship.
          Wise words from Kobe Bryant

With Kobe, you either get fitted for a ring or you've wasted your season.

A photo posted by NBA on ESPN (@nbaonespn) on

Comment

In my humble opinion, this is a hard series for the Raptors, even if we play against Pistons or any other team, I will say the same, IT IS A HARD SERIES. Why ? it is because of Casey. I do not trust him to coach this team in the right way. He has a very solid roster, but I doubt if he can design the right scheme to utilize it.

Any way, to be fair, let us wait till we see the first game. If we lose the first or the second game, then we are in major trouble. This series is about two things : Home court and JV.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post

Legend

Comment

Yeah well that's the player point of view. That attitude makes no sense from a front office perspective though.

Anyways, I still disagree with Casey's comments. Sounds like he's already rolling out the excuses.

If Indiana counters his offence and he can't / won't make any adjustments, he deserves to be gone.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with Mr legend over here.

It's much more fun winning 50 to 60 and falling just short in a deep run than winning 17 games like his pathetic group.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                    In my humble opinion, this is a hard series for the Raptors, even if we play against Pistons or any other team, I will say the same, IT IS A HARD SERIES. Why ? it is because of Casey. I do not trust him to coach this team in the right way. He has a very solid roster, but I doubt if he can design the right scheme to utilize it.

Any way, to be fair, let us wait till we see the first game. If we lose the first or the second game, then we are in major trouble. This series is about two things : Home court and JV.
                    i disagree completely. casey is by no means a hof coach. but this roster was considered shit and "at best" a 46 win team. Even with injuries hes somehow gotten this team to 56 wins. You can say that their succes was all in spite of casey, but that is not true. Im not a casey nut hugger but, relax. give the man some credit
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      i disagree completely. casey is by no means a hof coach. but this roster was considered shit and "at best" a 46 win team. Even with injuries hes somehow gotten this team to 56 wins. You can say that their succes was all in spite of casey, but that is not true. Im not a casey nut hugger but, relax. give the man some credit
                      nobody considered this roster "shit".

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                        Maybe not shit. But only the most optimistic of people were saying 50 wins was the max. We were projected to be in the same position of Indiana right now. A hearty 45 wins as the 6-8 seed

Instead we are the 4th best team in the league. Big difference
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

At best 46? Some thought so, others thought 46 wins was more of a floor (myself included).

To me the main difference between the expected high-40's win result and the ultimate mid-50's win result is DeRozan's improved play - Lowry is awesome, and JV has been amazing, but those are expected to some degree. DD's change of play style has been dramatic. Also, no one was really sure how well the new defence would work - it's been very solid.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                            I considered this team capable of ~45 wins. Casey's certainly impressed in that regard.

But his stubbornness with Scola in the rotation is really my only beef right now. Let's just hope it doesn't cost us a series.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I considered this team capable of ~45 wins. Casey's certainly impressed in that regard.

But his stubbornness with Scola in the rotation is really my only beef right now. Let's just hope it doesn't cost us a series.
                              Here's Casey:

Oh, Dwane, I bet I know ONE thing that won't be different from game to game. Vet's vet.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Maybe not shit. But only the most optimistic of people were saying 50 wins was the max. We were projected to be in the same position of Indiana right now. A hearty 45 wins as the 6-8 seed

Instead we are the 4th best team in the league. Big difference
                                I think the actual projections were more In between what you're saying and where we are. Most had us 45-to low 50s in wins and a top 4 seed
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X