No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet thread it seems...I think everyone is expecting the worst...and for good reason I guess. I guess the only things that seem predictable about this game is that Lowry and Demar will shoot poorly. Can we survive another game despite that? Pacers seem to have us figured out...doesn't look good...or does it even matter?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      Quiet thread it seems...I think everyone is expecting the worst...and for good reason I guess. I guess the only things that seem predictable about this game is that Lowry and Demar will shoot poorly. Can we survive another game despite that? Pacers seem to have us figured out...doesn't look good...or does it even matter?
      Everyone is drunk and hungover.

Comment

• refs for tonight: Danny Crawford, Ron Garretson, Bill Spooner

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          No, I was just answering the initial question. Sometimes a player is best suited to a particular role for a whole variety of reasons many of which may not be obvious to fans or analysts. Just because Patterson is good as a 6th man it doesn't mean that production or impact will necessarily translate in a different role. My snark was more directed at others who convince themselves with 100% certainty that a thing must be so based on their analysis of certain statistics when they have far less than perfect knowledge of the situation including the human elements at play.
          But you understand what people were asking for right? It wasn't that we knew for sure what would happen. It's that we knew for sure that the starting lineup as constructed was not working, and that eventually (and the day did indeed come) we would be forced to go away from it. And as such, we should have, in the regular season when it doesn't matter as much, TRIED IT. Tried something different, mixed it up, especially when the data does indeed point to different combinations working better.

Trying something in the regular season and it not working (and I don't mean for three meaningless preseason games or 4 times spread over a season a couple years ago) gives you useable data. It tells you for sure what works and doesn't. And it also, if it works, gives you a chance to try out some rotations around that starting lineup, so your bench isn't in complete shambles when you are eventually forced to try different starters in the playoffs.

All season long I advocated for making the change as soon as possible, not only because it would give players like Patterson more chances to get used to starting, not only so we could develop a working rotation/bench with Patterson removed, and not only (but admittedly primarily) because I thought the team would be better that way, but also because there was every chance it might go sideways.

And I for one would rather not find that out in the freaking playoffs (not that Patterson has been bad with the starters, he's been fine, but the bench has been a disaster).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Well now you've gone and ruined my breakfast
            OG is our king

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              refs for tonight: Danny Crawford, Ron Garretson, Bill Spooner
              They're all the same in the playoffs

Comment

• It scares the hell out of me that the key to tonight's game might be how many times does DeMar iso against PG.

Because it's going to happen, it's just a matter of does it happen too many times for us to compensate?
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  refs for tonight: Danny Crawford, Ron Garretson, Bill Spooner
                  Great crew, shouldn't be able to complain about the refs tonight.

Comment

• Patterson starting isn't working. Either go small with Powell in the starting linup. Or bring in jt as a pseudo starter so Patterson can rejoin the bench

The starting linup with Patterson isn't doing enough damage to negate how bad the bench is without him.
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      Patterson starting isn't working. Either go small with Powell in the starting linup. Or bring in jt as a pseudo starter so Patterson can rejoin the bench

The starting linup with Patterson isn't doing enough damage to negate how bad the bench is without him.
                      But will Casey actually do this, is the question.

It's kind of crazy how much is riding on this game (feels like that's been said for the entire series). I really hope Demar adjusts his game to 'Good Demar' but I guess we'll see...

Time for this team to put up or go home. I still hope for a win.

Comment

• Someone posted the CP24 tweet that quoted DC's pregame thoughts.

Sounds like he thinks defeat is inevitable. Even if it is, I wouldn't expect the head coach of the team to carry such an attitude.

No need to 'ride or Die' with Demar and Kyle. Make adjustments FFS.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Refs tonight are very friendly to the betting the under.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Refs tonight are very friendly to the betting the under.
                                and public is hammering Pacers spread like crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X