• Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Both.

Powell at the 3.

Carroll at the 4.
    JV DD DC KL NP. Leave Scola on bench.

Comment

I dislike that there isn't a both option. Carroll gets my vote in this scenario. Powell offers a lot of punch of the bench. The playoffs is a different beast. Carroll was brought in for Saturday onward.

If Carroll had been playing all along the pool wouldn't be close.

Comment

The Original poster forgot to put the 3rd which is Both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Powell can play the 2 or 3 spot while Caroll can play both the 3 and 4 spot. You can have a lineup of:

Lowry
        Derozan
        Powell
        Carroll
        JV

or

Lowry
        Powell
        Ross
        Carroll
        JV

These players are interchangeable in position tbh so this poll should be void until all options are open.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Who should be starting for the Raptors in the playoffs>
          should be carrol because of the length... but does it have to be a decision can they both start with carroll at the 4?

Comment

i think just give carroll some run in the first have maybe 6 minutes but in the 2nd half make him shadow paul george, if paul george is playing carroll is playing

Comment

Bigozzy wrote: View Post
              The Original poster forgot to put the 3rd which is Both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Powell can play the 2 or 3 spot while Caroll can play both the 3 and 4 spot. You can have a lineup of:

Lowry
              Derozan
              Powell
              Carroll
              JV

or

Lowry
              Powell
              Ross
              Carroll
              JV

These players are interchangeable in position tbh so this poll should be void until all options are open.
              I would keep ross on the second unit for a punch of the bench. Other wise you would have no one on the bench. Additionally DD hasn't played with the bench unit much so I wouldn't start Powell over DD. I think ultimately he will come off the bench with Ross.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                I would keep ross on the second unit for a punch of the bench. Other wise you would have no one on the bench. Additionally DD hasn't played with the bench unit much so I wouldn't start Powell over DD. I think ultimately he will come off the bench with Ross.

DD has certainly played with the second unit and i'm sure he could gel well, if you haven't noticed Casey either puts in Lowry or Derozan with the second unit, either one or the other. The playoffs are all about bringing your strongest 5 man lineup ... If you look at the 5-man effective lineups the combination of Ross-Powell is on the plus side. They work very well together, now if you look at the a lineup of Lowry-Powell-Ross-Carroll-JV, now that's very strong lineup. Everyone can play D plus is a scoring threat at the 3 point line minus JV.

Comment

The reason there is no both option is because it will never be both. I'm sure he's just trying to keep it in the realm of what Casey will do
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DD has certainly played with the second unit and i'm sure he could gel well, if you haven't noticed Casey either puts in Lowry or Derozan with the second unit, either one or the other. The playoffs are all about bringing your strongest 5 man lineup ... If you look at the 5-man effective lineups the combination of Ross-Powell is on the plus side. They work very well together, now if you look at the a lineup of Lowry-Powell-Ross-Carroll-JV, now that's very strong lineup. Everyone can play D plus is a scoring threat at the 3 point line minus JV.
                    come on. you can count the number of games that ross and powell played together in any sort of significant minutes with one hand.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The reason there is no both option is because it will never be both. I'm sure he's just trying to keep it in the realm of what Casey will do
                      Can't speak in absolutes when this has been false. Case in fact has put Carrol at the 4 and Powell at the 3 during the Nets game and once Carroll came in playing the 4, he was a positive ever since being inserted into the lineup.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        come on. you can count the number of games that ross and powell played together in any sort of significant minutes with one hand.
                        Powell and Ross have played 115 minutes together this season, and have a 117.2 ORtg, 111.4 DRtg and +5.8 net rating.

It's the best ORtg of any Powell 2-man unit, and of the 8 guys he's played with more, only Lowry and Thompson have better net ratings. The DRtg isn't that out of sorts for Powell either, as he has a 109.4 DRtg with both CoJo and Bismack.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I'd start caroll, slot powell into 6th man supreme role, manning the bench mob with cojo, ross, ppat, and biyombo.

However, I would replace scola with thompson in the starting lineup:
                          KL
                          DD
                          DC
                          JT
                          JV

to me that's the best overall lineup, a JT/JV frontcourt works well, especially since indiana will likely play 3 wings, 2 bigs, so that JV doesn't murder them on the boards. DC locks down PG13, everyone else does their job adequately on D, and on O you got 4 people who can shoot the 3 (demar has come a long way, and JT has shown a competent 3pt shot).

I could totally see a rotation like this effectively sweep the pacers.

Comment

Can't speak in absolutes when this has been false. Case in fact has put Carrol at the 4 and Powell at the 3 during the Nets game and once Carroll came in playing the 4, he was a positive ever since being inserted into the lineup.
                            He's asking who should start not if they will ever play together. I'm sure they will play together. But they won't both start. Casey has never started a small forward at the 4, he won't start now in the 2016 playoffs.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              He's asking who should start not if they will ever play together. I'm sure they will play together. But they won't both start. Casey has never started a small forward at the 4, he won't start now in the 2016 playoffs.
                              Only due to the fact that Carrol has been injured for the majority of the season and the fact that he eased Carroll back in while experimenting him playing the 4 spot during the Nets game where Carroll has succeeded in terms playing the 4 spot masterfully so you never know, he could inset Powell at the 3 and have Caroll play the 4.

Comment

It has to be Carroll...unless there is a physical or matchup issue. Powell has been impressive (in meaningless games) but yet to be tested in the playoff cauldron.

The coaches have to make the final decision here....it's a 3 or 4 situation.

Carroll has looked good so far...and I am glad.

We are in a good place to have Powell as a backup.
                                Last edited by Bendit; Thu Apr 14, 2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X