Powell or Carroll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigozzy wrote: View Post
    The Original poster forgot to put the 3rd which is Both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Powell can play the 2 or 3 spot while Caroll can play both the 3 and 4 spot. You can have a lineup of:

Lowry
    Derozan
    Powell
    Carroll
    JV

or

Lowry
    Powell
    Ross
    Carroll
    JV

These players are interchangeable in position tbh so this poll should be void until all options are open.
    No Scola will always work and instill confidence

Comment

WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
      I'd start caroll, slot powell into 6th man supreme role, manning the bench mob with cojo, ross, ppat, and biyombo.

However, I would replace scola with thompson in the starting lineup:
      KL
      DD
      DC
      JT
      JV

to me that's the best overall lineup, a JT/JV frontcourt works well, especially since indiana will likely play 3 wings, 2 bigs, so that JV doesn't murder them on the boards. DC locks down PG13, everyone else does their job adequately on D, and on O you got 4 people who can shoot the 3 (demar has come a long way, and JT has shown a competent 3pt shot).

I could totally see a rotation like this effectively sweep the pacers.
      This is my dream scenario. Though I think the 6th man can be any of those bench guys, that'd be a situational decision. They (can) play 5 different positions.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Start Powell game one but LIMIT his minutes, bring Carroll first off the bench for Scola, Then Pat for Powell. Limit Scola to 12 minutes or less. He will actually do very good in those minutes. Limit powell to about 18minutes and Carroll to 25-30minutes

If it was me i would do something like this (10 man rotation)
        Lowry - 38mins
        Demar - 38mins
        Pat - 29mins
        JV - 29mins
        Carroll - 25mins
        Ross - 20mins
        Cojo - 20mins
        Bis - 19mins
        Powell - 19mins
        Scola - 3mins

to end the game it should always be

Lowry - Demar - Carroll - Pat - JV
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
          Start Powell game one but LIMIT his minutes, bring Carroll first off the bench for Scola, Then Pat for Powell. Limit Scola to 12 minutes or less. He will actually do very good in those minutes. Limit powell to about 18minutes and Carroll to 25-30minutes

If it was me i would do something like this (10 man rotation)
          Lowry - 38mins
          Demar - 38mins
          Pat - 29mins
          JV - 29mins
          Carroll - 25mins
          Ross - 20mins
          Cojo - 20mins
          Bis - 19mins
          Powell - 19mins + 2 minutes 57 seconds
          Scola - 3 seconds

to end the game it should always be

Lowry - Demar - Carroll - Pat - JV
          Fixed

Comment

I'd start caroll, slot powell into 6th man supreme role, manning the bench mob with cojo, ross, ppat, and biyombo.

KL
            DD
            DC
            JT
            JV

to me that's the best overall lineup, a JT/JV frontcourt works well, especially since indiana will likely play 3 wings, 2 bigs, so that JV doesn't murder them on the boards. DC locks down PG13, everyone else does their job adequately on D, and on O you got 4 people who can shoot the 3 (demar has come a long way, and JT has shown a competent 3pt shot).

THIS right here gets the Pacers swept. But it won't happen. Luis "Slow start" Scola is going to cost us at least one game this series. I guarantee it. Playoffs you need to be come out firing if you want to truly be dominant.

Comment

KL
              DD
              DC
              JT
              JV

This looks like the safer lineup ,however coach can always make adjustments as needed throughout the game.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Who should be starting for the Raptors in the playoffs>
                Looking at P George size and versatility I'd say Carroll.

Comment

Both looks like a dream, and maybe Casey tries to use it if pacers decide to use 4 wing 1 big line-up (he used to be more reactionary in terms of match-ups).

Still I don't understand why do you want to start JT in place of Scola and treat it like game changing move that will allow us to sweep Pacers. Somehow 5/15 in the season from 3 makes you competent 3PT shooter... Also wanted to check JT playoff experience, but zero zilch null nada. Sure that's sometimes not up to the player, but I'd much rather see if FIBA Scola shows up, then if not his minutes should be split between PPat/Caroll, given how well Powell/Ross would be able to backup 2/3 slot. It's easier to get cohesion with 9 man rotation than 11.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
                    Both looks like a dream, and maybe Casey tries to use it if pacers decide to use 4 wing 1 big line-up (he used to be more reactionary in terms of match-ups).

Still I don't understand why do you want to start JT in place of Scola and treat it like game changing move that will allow us to sweep Pacers. Somehow 5/15 in the season from 3 makes you competent 3PT shooter... Also wanted to check JT playoff experience, but zero zilch null nada. Sure that's sometimes not up to the player, but I'd much rather see if FIBA Scola shows up, then if not his minutes should be split between PPat/Caroll, given how well Powell/Ross would be able to backup 2/3 slot. It's easier to get cohesion with 9 man rotation than 11.
                    because Scola has been a ten tonne anchor on the starting lineup for the entire season.

Thompson isn't a great fit but anyone is better than Luis.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      because Scola has been a ten tonne anchor on the starting lineup for the entire season.

Thompson isn't a great fit but anyone is better than Luis.
                      Then why not replace him with tightening the rotation instead of playing another unproven option?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        The entire playoffs? Even if we face lebron james and Carroll has been playing for 5 or 6 weeks at that point?
                        There was only 3 sentences there and you missed the entire 2nd one, lol.

Comment

Lol. Just reading through this thread, the poll missed the most popular option: "Anybody except Scola."

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
                            Then why not replace him with tightening the rotation instead of playing another unproven option?
                            That works too. Doesn't matter, so long as he is replaced.

Thompson has had little time to prove anything, but in that limited time has done very, very well. I'd rather take the gamble he works out than settle for the inevitable failure that Scola represents.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

FIBA Scola is fun (I love an old man post game as much as anybody) but overrated. He gives up just as much at the other end of the floor. I remember playing Cleveland and him and Kevin Love scoring on each other at will. It doesn't really help the team get ahead.

JT has looked very good next to JV and would be completely fine facing off against Lavoy Allen. More than fine - JT is better.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If they start Solomon Hill, I would start Carroll and Powell.

However, I think DC starts over NP.

Comment

Working...
                                X