Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powell or Carroll?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    It's an important first game. I don't know if you want to start DC just "see" if he's ready to play at a high level when you already know Norm is good to go. Plus if Carroll is chasing George all game and banging with a bigger body and his knee starts to swell up for game two then you have to change your rotation again.

    Right now I think the only adjustments that should be made are by the Pacers since they are the ones that need to figure out how to beat us.

    Comment


    • #47
      unpopular opinion...playoff Scola might be great. The game slows down and becomes more cerebral.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

      Comment


      • #48
        thead wrote: View Post
        unpopular opinion...playoff Scola might be great. The game slows down and becomes more cerebral.
        The only problem is if they move CJ to the 4. Then that may be bad. But I have no problem with playoff Scola.

        Comment


        • #49
          thead wrote: View Post
          unpopular opinion...playoff Scola might be great. The game slows down and becomes more cerebral.
          Playoff Salmons was pretty bad though. Hopefully you're right.

          Comment


          • #50
            thead wrote: View Post
            unpopular opinion...playoff Scola might be great. The game slows down and becomes more cerebral.
            Playoff BeBe might be great too, no idea. Not much evidence to support it though.

            Scola's career regular season:
            PER: 16.3
            TS%: 53.4%
            WS/48: .116

            Scola's career post-season:
            PER: 14.9
            TS%: 50.8%
            WS/48: .089
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • #51
              DanH wrote: View Post
              Playoff BeBe might be great too, no idea. Not much evidence to support it though.

              Scola's career regular season:
              PER: 16.3
              TS%: 53.4%
              WS/48: .116

              Scola's career post-season:
              PER: 14.9
              TS%: 50.8%
              WS/48: .089
              But what are his stats on vet's vetness per minute?
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • #52
                DanH wrote: View Post
                Playoff BeBe might be great too, no idea. Not much evidence to support it though.

                Scola's career regular season:
                PER: 16.3
                TS%: 53.4%
                WS/48: .116

                Scola's career post-season:
                PER: 14.9
                TS%: 50.8%
                WS/48: .089
                Sound the alarm, save the children.. the man gets worse in the playoffs

                Comment


                • #53
                  If Carroll is not starting and not on Paul George, why on Earth did we even bring him here and pay him?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Carroll of course, to defend George.

                    Not starting Carroll would be like not using James Johnson to defend Joe Johnson... duh! oh...
                    Did we have Johnson when we played Brooklyn 2 years ago?

                    And Carroll should be starting, and on the floor whenever George is on the floor. Powell can come off the bench, and light it up against their 2nd unit. We need what he brings more from the second unit, than from the first.
                    Last edited by nubreed000; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 02:20 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                      Did we have Johnson when we played Brooklyn 2 years ago?
                      We did not. We had Fields, who barely played (and then when he did he got hurt, unfortunately).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                        Did we have Johnson when we played Brooklyn 2 years ago?

                        And Carroll should be starting, and on the floor whenever George is on the floor. Powell can come off the bench, and light it up against their 2nd unit. We need what he brings more from the second unit, than from the first.
                        I was thinking Pierce last season with Washington. Fields on Johnson the year before was yet another example of not using the ideal matchup.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                          If Carroll is not starting and not on Paul George, why on Earth did we even bring him here and pay him?
                          This! Carroll was brought in for this exact job, defend the over-sized SF that has buried us in the playoffs the last 2 years...2014-Joe Johnson, 2015- Paul Pierce...now we go up against Paul George (6'9 SF)...so in the words of Bill Belichek "do your job"

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Both.

                            Powell at the 3.

                            Carroll at the 4.
                            This. I am Scola supporter but, this kid is on a role. Funny Raptors wanted to sign Matthews last summer so they could play small. Who would of thought they drafted that player in the 2nd round.
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              The reason there is no both option is because it will never be both. I'm sure he's just trying to keep it in the realm of what Casey will do
                              Raptors went after Matthews to do the exact same thing
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X