• Time
  • Show
Clear All

JV/Biz
    JT/PP
    DD/Carroll
    NP/TR
    KL/CJ

I wouldn't start both Powell and Carroll together unless Indy goes small with George at the 4. Nor would I start Scola.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Maybe we do get Carroll at the 4??
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Btw, I voted for Powell MAINLY because 1.) I don't think Carroll is a 100% and 2.) Powell is playing at a very high level right now. Also because of chemistry. The starting 5 of KL, DD, NP, LS, and JV have been playing so well together the last 3 months or so. You don't want to disrupt that.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Norm is gonna start.. listening to Casey's interview, the jist is he is starting

Comment

Ya, Carroll should probably start, but I still see Powell being more critical to a run than TRoss .. which is crazy, and awesome.

Comment

But if they start George at the 4, than I say we start em both.

Comment

Btw, I voted for Powell MAINLY because 1.) I don't think Carroll is a 100% and 2.) Powell is playing at a very high level right now. Also because of chemistry. The starting 5 of KL, DD, NP, LS, and JV have been playing so well together the last 3 months or so. You don't want to disrupt that.
                I think Powell is the type of guy who plays the same way, all the time, no matter what. I think he'll get his no matter what. But I think Carroll is far better suited to play with the Starting lineup. And Powell off the bench is exactly the burst of energy we need to put em away early.

Comment

I think they both start. One thing is for sure is that Powell will start. Casey has fallen in love with the kid. George is 6'9 but he doesn't really use it. Never post up really. When he does he usually fades away. He isn't the most physical guy.
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 05:50 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Seriously? The lineup that has a -10 net rating for the season (and over the past three months)?

Wouldn't want to disrupt that...
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Seriously? The lineup that has a -10 net rating for the season (and over the past three months)?

Wouldn't want to disrupt that...
                      Dan, at some point we just need to accept that no matter how many times you post stats that show that our starting lineup isn't good, people won't accept it.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...03%2F15%2F2016

Since March 15th, when Powell became a starter, that starting lineup has a -13.6 net rating in 76 minutes.

Lowry and the bench have been awful offensively since then, DeMar and the bench have been awesome. Carroll and the bench have been pretty decent in a very small sample size.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Dan, at some point we just need to accept that no matter how many times you post stats that show that our starting lineup isn't good, people won't accept it.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...03%2F15%2F2016

Since March 15th, when Powell became a starter, that starting lineup has a -13.6 net rating in 76 minutes.

Lowry and the bench have been awful offensively since then, DeMar and the bench have been awesome. Carroll and the bench have been pretty decent in a very small sample size.
                        Its not that people "won't accept" the stats.

It's that they don't matter.
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
                          Its not that people "won't accept" the stats.

It's that they don't matter.
                          The fact that we routinely lose the beginning of the first and third quarters of games doesn't matter?

I think we're heading into the part of the year where teams plan a long time to exploit little inefficiencies, and giving away 9-12 minutes per game is a HUGE inefficiency.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

From what I heard and read, DC's knee is swelling, so , I do not think he would be an effective part in this playoff. I would not take the risk of starting Powell, but I would rather throw fresh bodies on PG. you have 4 guys - Powell, DC, PP and JT and you can even add JJ to them if he is healthy - if every guy can give us good 10 minutes against PG, I do not think Indiana will have a chance to take this series.

I just hope Casey gets wise enough and does not start Scolla.

Comment

I think the only way Indy wins this series is if they get really really hot from 3 in 4 of 7 games...and I just don't see that happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X