Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven A. Smith: Paul George is a Star and he is letting us know that.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Pacers lose in 6
    fixed
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
      fixed
      Meh. I've seen enough of this team. The Raptors are the Cincinnati Bengals of the NBA.

Lowry and DeRozan are perennial playoff chokers. Their performance last night was plain embarrassing. Reminds of their performance last year.

I have the Pacers winning this series in 6 games but I wouldn't be surprised if they win this in 4.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
        So Steven A. Smith declared this play offs the return of Paul George and how he will , no disrespect to Lowry and DD, take Indiana to the 2nd round.

How do you guys feel about that ?

Also, he says the DD is spending his last few days in Toronto as he is headed to Lakers next season.

Any thoughts on that ?

Will this be the last series and last season for the best Raptor team in the franchise history ?
        Steven A. Smith is the biggest joke in sports journalism. Nothing he says has any merit. He is around to get angry and say things for ratings, not actual analysis or insights.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Meh. I've seen enough of this team. The Raptors are the Cincinnati Bengals of the NBA.

Lowry and DeRozan are perennial playoff chokers. Their performance last night was plain embarrassing. Reminds of their performance last year.

I have the Pacers winning this series in 6 games but I wouldn't be surprised if they win this in 4.
          man no one had pacers losing at 4. they had them taking 1/2 games from raps. They just happen to take the first game

Be confident, Different team this year
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            man no one had pacers losing at 4. they had them taking 1/2 games from raps. They just happen to take the first game

Be confident, Different team this year
            you cant lose the first HOME game and still be confident. there's already enough pressure on the team BEFORE yesterdays loss. can't see the team mood being very confident going into game 2.

Comment

If the Raptors lose DD for nothing that hurts big time. People who act otherwise are fooling themselves. Hopefully they can land Jordan Clarkson in a double S&T or something. He's a bigger Lou Williams and to get him would be a lot better than getting nothing. Honestly I don't care if DD is gone as long as the Raptors get something decent in return.

I will say that if he opts to leave it says a lot about his priorities because the Lakers are shit, high lotto pick or not.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                If the Raptors lose DD for nothing that hurts big time. People who act otherwise are fooling themselves. Hopefully they can land Jordan Clarkson in a double S&T or something. He's a bigger Lou Williams and to get him would be a lot better than getting nothing. Honestly I don't care if DD is gone as long as the Raptors get something decent in return.

I will say that if he opts to leave it says a lot about his priorities because the Lakers are shit, high lotto pick or not.
                Will you feel the same way if this core flames out for the third straight postseason in a row? Honest question.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Will you feel the same way if this core flames out for the third straight postseason in a row? Honest question.
                  Yes I will because I understand that team building involves collecting assets and the more assets the team has the more options the team has to change or correct deficiencies in a big way. Emotions(ie: frustration, anger, disbelief, disappointment, etc.) need to be checked at the door by these GM's if they're going to do a good job.

Moving on, I neglected to mention that SAS has always hated the Raptors and I don't recall him ever saying anything positive about them. Heading into the playoffs him and Skip unpacked the eastern conference seeding and I swear it seemed like that talked about every team except for Toronto and Charlotte. I get Charlotte but Toronto is 2nd seed. Now after game one, which was bad, he has something to say about Toronto. My guess is that had Toronto won the game you wouldn't have heard a damn word out of SAS mouth, like it never happened.

Comment

Paul George is a star... this is old news.

And DeMar is not going to LA. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Why not? He's from there and they have the cap space to make it happen. How does it make any less sense than Cojo coming to Toronto?

Comment

Why not? He's from there and they have the cap space to make it happen. How does it make any less sense than Cojo coming to Toronto?
                        Is he chasing a ring? They only won 17 games this season. Does he really want to play SF and have to guard bigger guys on a nightly basis? Doubt it. Can the Lakers give him a better financial deal than the Raptors? Absolutely not.

CoJo to Toronto is worlds different. Won a ring with the Spurs so that incentive is gone. Toronto offered not only more cash but also more playing time and opportunity. San Antonio couldn't match that. Him being from Canada was the cherry on top, not the actual cake.

Comment

They could be chokers, but don't you figure it out eventually?

Comment

I mean, the Spurs couldn't have offered him a decent contract and he would be the third stringer. More money plus a greater role. Maybe not the best example, but I get your point. I would say its more like Lebron going back to Cleveland when they were awful, except LA is nice and Cleveland is... Cleveland.

Comment

Carlos Rogers wrote: View Post
                              They could be chokers, but don't you figure it out eventually?
                              Ask these guys:

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Ask these guys:

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X