Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who dislikes Chris Bosh ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I like Bosh, always have. Underrated in many ways IMO. Probably not ideal as your top offensive option and needs other top tier players around, but that can be said about everyone in the league including LBJ. And not a bad player to try and build around, or build with as I'd prefer to say, but unfortunately, the Raps thought that other top tier player was Bargs, so it all went to shit and Chris made the smart move.
    The only thing I wish they redid was drafting Bargs. Bosh wanted Aldridge. They should have drafted him and played him at Center instead.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Well can Bosh be the best player on a championship team? I have an extremely hard time saying yes. And it's not his fault, but we kept putting teams together "around" him, as in he was expected to be the star to carry us. Hence an overrated "star" as he is not the guy who can carry teams far. He needs better players ahead of him

However his skill set could fit on literally any team in the league as a 2nd/3rd option. He was, to me, the 2nd most important player on Miami during their runs. They needed him badly to make the way they played with LeBron work. So a great player in that sense.

So that's why I tried to phrase it as underrated player but overrated star and hoped that made sense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Well his playoff team success has only occurred when James was on his team ... His Heat team success after James, was him leading a team to a a mediocre record ..

Comment

If Bosh was 100% healthy and wanting to play for our team now, and only replacing Scola, I'll take him back in a heartbeat. Bosh now has become today's NBA's model 4-spot player. Like a more athletic version of Kevin Love

Bosh exited our team in a non-ideal way, but BC was the biggest fucking retarded GM after 2007. Despite TJ Ford's and Garbo's injuries, he did nothing to address them. Kapono was garbage, and we needed a 2 dimensional wing player at the time. Plus the mis-development and mis-evaluation of Bargnani was manipulated by BC to force Mitchell to play him too many minutes. Even if he drafted good players in the later drafts, he kept making terrible decisions.

Bosh deserved better and had nothing against the city. He was smart to take the Miami opportunity and leave BC's mismanaged crap house.

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
          Well his playoff team success has only occurred when James was on his team ... His Heat team success after James, was him leading a team to a a mediocre record ..
          Bosh needed to be paired with a superstar wing on a team to become an ECF to Finals contender.

Watching Paul George's team now is like Bosh and a bunch of inconsistent support pieces playing against a superior team, like raptors of 2007 and 2008 playoffs, but at least Indiana is being assembled properly and diligently through draft and a couple of FAs

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
            Bosh needed to be paired with a superstar wing on a team to become an ECF to Finals contender.

Watching Paul George's team now is like Bosh and a bunch of inconsistent support pieces playing against a superior team, like raptors of 2007 and 2008 playoffs, but at least Indiana is being assembled properly and diligently through draft and a couple of FAs
            you mean "with the greatest player on earth for a decade and another top all time player". hard not to get there with those two.

bosh was a good player for us. in his last year my only issue with him was the lying. he obviously couldn't say he was leaving but he had already made up his mind. i am convinced all three of them had. unlike vince he never quit on his teammates. they just weren't good. bosh did his time in toronto and left it on the court. no hard feelings from me for bosh.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              you mean "with the greatest player on earth for a decade and another top all time player". hard not to get there with those two.

bosh was a good player for us. in his last year my only issue with him was the lying. he obviously couldn't say he was leaving but he had already made up his mind. i am convinced all three of them had. unlike vince he never quit on his teammates. they just weren't good. bosh did his time in toronto and left it on the court. no hard feelings from me for bosh.
              To be fair, they didn't "get there" as in become competitive with those two. They became a dominant force that made four straight finals and won two championships.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                Bosh deserved better and had nothing against the city. He was smart to take the Miami opportunity and leave BC's mismanaged crap house.
                Heck no problem with him going to South Beach but you could leave with class ... Do we hate Price ? Roy Halladay said good buy to Toronto in a newspaper add ... You don't do like Bosh and leave and shit on the city and just erase that it even ( playing in Toronto ) happened ..

How he is different to Vince Carter is Vince was sick of MLSE but loved Toronto but Bosh just wanted to leave Toronto and forget he ever played for Toronto

Comment

Heck no problem with him going to South Beach but you could leave with class ... Do we hate Price ? Roy Halladay said good buy to Toronto in a newspaper add ... You don't do like Bosh and leave and shit on the city and just erase that it even ( playing in Toronto ) happened ..

How he is different to Vince Carter is Vince was sick of MLSE but loved Toronto but Bosh just wanted to leave Toronto and forget he ever played for Toronto
                  only have to fulfill the time on your contract. vince was a quitter who demanded out. quitter. bosh played hard until he could leave. big difference. you don't have to like a place to work there.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    only have to fulfill the time on your contract. vince was a quitter who demanded out. quitter. bosh played hard until he could leave. big difference. you don't have to like a place to work there.
                    Yes you don't have to like the place you work in but that means the people who live in that place can not reflect on you fondly ie if you don't give a crap about us then why should we of you .... Vince Carter hated his employer MLSE but not the place he worked and that means something different to me ... Vince will shed a tear ( which he did ) when a standing ovation is given but
                    Bosh would probably ignore it like he did when we gave him one for reaching 10,000 .

Bosh has a serious condition presently but has made it well known he would still love to play ( but not getting medical clearance ) but Bosh given medical clearance but choose to still sit out
                    the last few games of his last season .. Quote for former GM " Colangelo claims Bosh 'checked out way before the season ended .
                    Last edited by guyroch; Fri Apr 22, 2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Yes you don't have to like the place you work in but that means the people who live in that place can not reflect on you fondly ie if you don't give a crap about us then why should we of you .... Vince Carter hated his employer MLSE but not the place he worked and that means something different to me ... Vince will shed a tear ( which he did ) when a standing ovation is given but
                      Bosh would probably ignore it like he did when we gave him one for reaching 10,000 .

Bosh has a serious condition presently but has made it well known he would still love to play ( but not getting medical clearance ) but Bosh given medical clearance but choose to still sit out
                      the last few games of his last season .. Quote for former GM " Colangelo claims Bosh 'checked out way before the season ended .
                      He did have a questionable second half, but we're talking about 1/14th of his time in Toronto. It's also the season where he set career highs in PPG and RPG. That's our biggest complaint about him? After 7 years of futility he checked out a bit early and said a couple stupid things on his way to Miami? Who cares. It was 6 years ago. He gave what may be well over half of his professional basketball life to this city (re-signed with a team stars are supposed to flee), is one of the team's best players of all time...the nitpicking here is a bit petty.

Hell, some guys quit a job like this:
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The way Bosh left was a bit odd.. to have a reality show in the summer, and become a 3rd fiddle of a "Big 3".

But I like him.. and he gave Toronto a lot. I don't feel bad for him leaving Colangelo's club. Bryan had no idea how to build around him and he just wanted to win. Would you want to play with Bargnani?

He still ended up with a near max contract from Miami. He sacrificed a bit, but winning matters to most guys more than a few extra million dollars.

Bosh will enter the Hall. BBR has him at 99.5% probability that he makes it. Good for him if he does make it.

Comment

The only former raptor that deserves to get booed is Turkoglu.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                            The only former raptor that deserves to get booed is Turkoglu.
                            Ball

Comment

I don't have any problems with Bosh other than the way he conducted himself when he left.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                The way Bosh left was a bit odd.. to have a reality show in the summer, and become a 3rd fiddle of a "Big 3".

But I like him.. and he gave Toronto a lot. I don't feel bad for him leaving Colangelo's club. Bryan had no idea how to build around him and he just wanted to win. Would you want to play with Bargnani?

He still ended up with a near max contract from Miami. He sacrificed a bit, but winning matters to most guys more than a few extra million dollars.

Bosh will enter the Hall. BBR has him at 99.5% probability that he makes it. Good for him if he does make it.
                                Who made up that BBR list ? He has a higher percentage the Steve Nash ... In what world is Chris Bosh more of a HOF then
                                Steve Nash .. How is he 1 spot higher the Kevin Durrant who is 3 years younger and has more points then him ?

I say to HOF voters if he was drafted in the West how many allstar games would have he participated in ..

Comment

Working...
                                X