Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mo-sales
    replied
    Lets also not forget he is a 29 year old shooting guard in a contract year. He is looking for max money and will likely get it or at least very near it. There is no reason to assume his numbers won't drop off as well his talent in the years to come. Even if he wanted to come, the raptors would be wise to avoid him.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Calderon + Joe + Bosh = core to a contender

No way for the Raptors to get Joe Johnson though. They don't have enough attractive assets to tempt Atlanta into a sign and trade + Joe Johnson will have several good offers elsewhere (Miami, Chicago, New York) so it would be difficult for Toronto to get him to agree to sign in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• bayanmn
    replied
    Many players hold Toronto in very high regard. Apparently Paul Pierce loves it here, and I saw an interview with a bunch of players a while ago, where they were asked what the best NBA cities are. They answered New York, Miami, LA, Chicago and Toronto. I'm not saying every player feels this way, but the city does get respect around the league. Also, it's not even the coldest NBA city, people just assume that because its in Canada.

Leave a comment:

• SCP0389
    replied
    Yeah thanks Apollo been visiting RR since 09 but never registered till now lol

Leave a comment:

• INFO
    replied
    i dont see JJ coming to Toronto
    it would be amazing, but it aint happening
    i can see him ditching ATL for the NYC lights

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    SCP0389 wrote: View Post
    shit yeah thts a good point never thought about that
    SCP0389, I forgot to mention welcome to Raptors Republic!

Leave a comment:

• spacejam
    replied
    ummm, joe johnson isnt coming to toronto. toronto is like a cold hamburger, you see it in the fridge and you think about it remotely but then figure out that you can just warm it up and have something better. in this case that better situation is around 28 other teams.

Leave a comment:

• SCP0389
    replied
    shit yeah thts a good point never thought about that

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    My money is on Joe Johnson either staying with the Hawks or moving to NYC for added attention and more importantly, play for his old coach D'Antoni. Speaking of NYC, said it before and I'll say it again, I think if the Knicks can't land one of the big three they're going to focus their attention on Joe and Amare. Mike, Joe and Amare reunited in NYC. Book it!

Leave a comment:

• SCP0389
    replied
    bayanmn your have a very good point about crawford but yeah my hole scenario is based on colangelo being able to move one of our bad contracts and he does have a history of covering up hes mistakes so well see.

Leave a comment:

• bayanmn
    replied
    But Doc is right. Colangelo's bad decisions in the past have put us in a bad situation financially. We can't really do much, unless major changes happen with respect to moving a major piece (Hedo, Jose, Andrea)

Leave a comment:

• bayanmn
    replied
    Even though he's been great coming off the bench, Atlanta might think Jamal Crawford is more than capable in being a starter, so they might not be willing to pay so much to keep Joe Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Joe Johnson would be a pipe dream for us. The exact mold of a player that we desire and that Bosh would love to have play along side him. Problem is, unless we can find suitors for Hedo, Jose or Andrea, signing Joe isn't feasible financially.

Leave a comment:

• SCP0389
    replied
    bad fanbase and money are 2 big reasons a athlete would leave

Leave a comment:

• KakashiPrince
    replied
    What makes Raptors more attractive than Atlanta??
    Atlanta is proven a winner/contender, the only thing Joe Johnson might leave is the city (low attendance) and money!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X