Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If raps lose yet again in first round ......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A.I wrote: View Post
    Didn't know the season ended after being tied 2-2...
    I've seen this movie before, I can tell you how it ends.

Comment

If they CHOKE again in the 1st round then there's no way you can bring DD back next year. Sign and trade him to the LAL in the offseason(can't lose him for nothing).

I'd also look at moving Lowry. His value right now is at an all time high.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fastwalking wrote: View Post
        The Raptors finished the season in a close second place - the Pacers ended the season in a distant 13th - how are they suddenly better than us?
        How are they better? We beat them in Game 3 as badly as they beat us in Game 4.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
          How are they better? We beat them in Game 3 as badly as they beat us in Game 4.
          The fact that we are deeper, and yet they are tied 2-2 is frustrating.

Comment

Reminder: The measuring stick going into the playoffs was ECF with a dominant first round performance. Second round exit would be ok but that first round needed to have some force behind it.

Let's not adjust those expectations

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Reminder: The measuring stick going into the playoffs was ECF with a dominant first round performance. Second round exit would be ok but that first round needed to have some force behind it.

First round win was definitely the minimum this year. If we don't get out... I don't know how long you stick with this roster. You need to have some growth where it matters. Second seed means shit if you can't get out of the first round.

Comment

A good showing in the second round was good enough for me coming in. But as it stands now, that will only be good enough for me if Lowry and Demar play much better than they have so far. If we get past the Pacers, and go to say 6 or even 7 games in the next round with Lowry and Demar playing like this, I won't be satisfied with this group going forward. Although, not likely we compete in the second round with Lowry and Demar playing like this eh.

Comment

I woke up feeling a little better today. A lot can change by next game, look how confident we were after game 3 (minus derozan). A split in indy was expected. It was game 1 that was the game we want back the most. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on this season yet. We can get our mojo back and take this in 6, and it's a fresh slate for round 2.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The raptors should win this series and until they don't I won't start thinking about another 1st round extinction. But it's obvious this team has some serious problems performing in the playoffs.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      It's not as painful when you come to accept the inevitable when you have already prepared yourself for it.
                      I hope you never become a Doctor.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Well, I didn't expect a dominant first round tbh, especially against the Pacers. They have experienced players, many of them have been to conference finals. I expected 4-2, maybe even a closer call. I do expect conference finals though.

Besides, how many top teams really get dominant first rounds. I'm not counting, but from memory it seems that every year one or a few of conference finalists struggle in round one.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          I hope you never become a Doctor.

How will you view things if we get bounced in first round?

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            If we lose this year... our team will literally be the laughing stock of the NBA. We would have been the top seed losing 3 years in a row... how pathetic.
                            It is embarrassing. We are becoming the laughingstock of the NBA.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              It is embarrassing. We are becoming the laughingstock of the NBA.
                              Not really "becoming", just continuing a long unfortunate tradition.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Even if the Raptors somehow get through to the second round, Miami will destroy them. More than likely a sweep. That team is made up of veterans, and Joe Johnson (lol!), and knows how to play basketball in the playoffs.
                                Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Apr 24, 2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X