Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If raps lose yet again in first round ......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Don't get me wrong I want Raps to beat Pacers BUT more and more it's looking like yet another post season failure . At the end of the day the core of JV/KL/DD is not able to get us to the next level. Though I am not DC's biggest fan I think he has probably squeezed as much as he can get out of the current roster. Given all the draft picks and the development of Norman Powell I suggest we flat out let DD walk, move NP into starting rotation and move forward trying to develop current and future draft picks. We probably will win fewer games but we should still be a playoff team. Perhaps with a retooled core we can take a step back to take two steps forward.
    Do they really need to take a step back? They're sitting on a mountain of assets. I don't know why they step back when they can just step forward.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Do they really need to take a step back? They're sitting on a mountain of assets. I don't know why they step back when they can just step forward.
      I'm absolutely not convinced that letting DeMar walk is a step back. It's poor asset retention, which sucks. but it also opens up time for Powell to develop, and possessions offensively for JV to develop.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I'm absolutely not convinced that letting DeMar walk is a step back. It's poor asset retention, which sucks. but it also opens up time for Powell to develop, and possessions offensively for JV to develop.
        Still, it's better to keep him than to lose him for nothing. At least he can still be used later to obtain some value back that helps the team.

Comment

Still, it's better to keep him than to lose him for nothing. At least he can still be used later to obtain some value back that helps the team.
          I gotta disagree. Unless Demar redeems himself in these playoffs, I don't think I could justify paying him $25M +, even if the intention is to move him at a later date. I may toss a 18M per year offer at him, and if he declines then I would let him go. Still lots of ways to improve if he walks IMO. You also gotta wonder what you are taking back when trading a salary of considerable size like what Demar is likely to get. And that could include some terrible contracts which could be just as problematic for improving as letting him go in the first place. I'm so disappointed that my train of thought has come to this. Honestly, if we lose this game tonight, I don't expect Demar, Lowry or Casey to be back next season, and maybe even Carroll and/or Ross.

Comment

See, I'm not even 100% sold on DeMar being the most tradeable player. He's talented, but he has fit issues with a lot of teams because he's a ball dominant non-shooting guard who's not a great defender.

So once you start ruling out teams that wouldn't want him to come in and dominate the ball, your list of trading partners gets a lot smaller.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              See, I'm not even 100% sold on DeMar being the most tradeable player. He's talented, but he has fit issues with a lot of teams because he's a ball dominant non-shooting guard who's not a great defender.

So once you start ruling out teams that wouldn't want him to come in and dominate the ball, your list of trading partners gets a lot smaller.
              Oh if you sign him you are locked into him for at least another year...and do we want that?

Comment

• Meeting adjourned. Reconvene this time next year.

Comment

Working...
                X