Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The problem is that just like in so many regular season wins, the hero-ball offense was forced and inefficient, and it nearly cost the team. The fear is that eventually it will catch up to the Raptors.

To put things into perspective, from game #7:

- DeRozan took 32 shots to score 30 points

- JV, Patterson, Carroll, Biyombo, Ross and Powell combined to take 35 shots, and scored 40 points (with several of JV's shots being rebound tips, which are hardly actual shots that eat up a possession)

DeRozan and the team are both at their best when DeRozan plays more of a facilitator role, allowing him to still 'get his', but far more efficiently. He clearly wants to help the team win badly, but he doesn't have the BBIQ (or coaching input) to realize that helping the team win does not mean he has to personally score all the points for the team.

If DeRozan had realized that he could positively impact this team in other ways beyond scoring, similar to how Lowry adjusted his game,
    then I honestly don't think that series would have gone 7 games against Indiana. I fully agree that part/most/all of the blame ultimately lands on Casey's shoulders.
    This (bold) is IMO key. I dont think either Casey nor DD think we can win with DD scoring 8 pts. Wrong!
    But not 8 points on 4-13, w 3 RB & 1 assist. How about 8 pts on 4-7 with 10 assists & 6-7 RB.
    If DD were to start racking up assists (or even hockey assists) it's unlikely PG13 & G Hill wait for him at elbow (or top of the key) every time.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      lol NBA

Those are terrible drawings you can barely tell who half the players are.

Conspiracy theory: notice how in the west the teams that are actually facing in this round are battling for the rebound/trophy/whatever, but in the east they've got lebron and wade battling, while kyle and Jeff are in the back doing nothing? Just sayin...
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ya my bud, my son and I were all actually worried about DDs first quarter. We said the gates are open for DD hero ball. The win is great but really if DD didnt let it go to his head we win this by 10+ points and add a several minutes to our lifespans.

Honestly I dont think DD has the processing power to facilitate others in high intensity games like this even if he wanted to.

Comment

• Looks like Teague is trying to summon the championship into his hands haha

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Those are terrible drawings you can barely tell who half the players are.

Conspiracy theory: notice how in the west the teams that are actually facing in this round are battling for the rebound/trophy/whatever, but in the east they've got lebron and wade battling, while kyle and Jeff are in the back doing nothing? Just sayin...
            Cavs vs Raps ain't exactly as appealing a matchup as Lebron vs Wade and his old team. Just sayin...

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Cavs vs Raps ain't exactly as appealing a matchup as Lebron vs Wade and his old team. Just sayin...
              Then I guess we're both just sayin the same thing
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                I think we are slowly seeing the move an 8-man rotation (JV/Biz/PP/DC/DD/KL/Norm/CJ) with Ross getting the first half to see if he has it and if he doesn't he's out. Those 8 guys will be shuffled around but that's effectively the team from here on out barring injuries.
                Agree
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The thing that I really worry about for this series is , we have a sense of achievement. Many people think that "Oh man, we have passed the first round, first time to win game 7"
                  In my humble opinion, that is a very dangerous feeling. I am so sorry to say that some of Raptors fans look hungry for more, but the organization does not seem so.
                  I hope this squad gets hungry and ambitious

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                    The thing that I really worry about for this series is , we have a sense of achievement. Many people think that "Oh man, we have passed the first round, first time to win game 7"
                    In my humble opinion, that is a very dangerous feeling. I am so sorry to say that some of Raptors fans look hungry for more, but the organization does not seem so.
                    That's what I'm hoping isn't the case. A lot of people are content with winning one round.

Comment

The thing that I really worry about for this series is , we have a sense of achievement. Many people think that "Oh man, we have passed the first round, first time to win game 7"
                      How does the organisation not seem so? Everyone seems pretty composed.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                        Terrence is marginal.

You can hate DD as much you want. Can have every stat. DD put us in round 2.

32 shots or 100, he did it.
                        Oh ya those 30 points in game 7 were legendary

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Kyle Lowry said in his post-game interview that they won despite him playing like doo-doo, so I doubt that complacency is going to be an issue for him, and I imagine others feel the same. Even in wins you know when you played like garbage, and you want to wash away the bad memories right away.

I do think that's something to worry about for the offseason. If we lose this round and bring back Casey and max DeMar because we scraped through against the 7th seed, it would be problematic. But there's really no point in arguing hypotheticals right now.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            That's what I'm hoping isn't the case. A lot of people are content with winning one round.
                            Like who though? I've not heard anyone within the Organization imply they have accomplished their goal, or that they can now Relax, or anything like that. Everything I've heard has been "enjoy this for the night, but back on the grind tomorrow for Miami."

I'm sure they are happy with the win, but I'm not sure "content" is the appropriate word there.
                            Last edited by Joey; Mon May 2, 2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• As a competitor, I would never be"content" with winning only one round.

Comment

• Man. Raptors are the only team that can win a series and still get ridiculed on ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                                X