Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball4life wrote: View Post
    Man. Raptors are the only team that can win a series and still get ridiculed on ESPN.
    Can you blame the ESPN though?! Big names have to play like all-stars. Effort is good, but it's not enough when you're an all star.
    Last edited by rocwell; Mon May 2, 2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Indiana I believe wound up around 3rd league wide in team defense efficiency in the regular season. They sure showed why and how they did it in the first round against the Raps. From the games I watched other than the Raps/Pacers I thought Indy played harder and tougher on defense than any team in the opening rounds in the east. Everything the raps did was contested.They made every shot tough. Be fair to say that outside of George the Pacers don't have as much talent as the Raptors did and to even the playing field they worked unbelievably hard on defense. Which is my segue into....

I just don't see the Heat being able to ratchet up that kind of defensive intensity for as long as the Pacers did. Goran Dragic's strength is on the other side of the court. George Hill he ain't. Kyle will get more space to work in. Not sure who the Heat want to matchup on DD but whoever it is its going to be easier than seeing number 13 for 7 games.

I think those two guys get untracked during the next series and thats bad news for the Heat.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 2, 2016, 04:16 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Heat were 9th in defense. So they are good, just not Indiana good. The problem for the Raptors will be the opposite. Can they stop the Heat from scoring? Indiana had George and Ellis in spurts but not much else. Heat have some formidable offensive talented players.

I have faith that the Raptors can defend the Heat, but it'll be a lot harder then it was against Indiana.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm happy there's no more two day breaks between games
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Heat were 9th in defense. So they are good, just not Indiana good. The problem for the Raptors will be the opposite. Can they stop the Heat from scoring? Indiana had George and Ellis in spurts but not much else. Heat have some formidable offensive talented players.

I have faith that the Raptors can defend the Heat, but it'll be a lot harder then it was against Indiana.
              Achilles Heel for the Heat, and its a big one, is that they aren't much of a threat behind the arc and making the 3 is what its all about in the new NBA. Wade for all his offensive prowess isn't a good 3 point shooter. Winslow still has to learn to shoot period. The other rookie Richardson does shoot the 3ball but he is streaky.. another word for inconsistent. Same as Gerald Green. Joe Johnson and Luol Deng will get some of their points behind the arc but thats not their comfort zone.

JJ and Deng, like Wade, have been and are going to be playing every other night for 3 weeks. Get the Ben Gay and A5-35 out for the old guys.

If we can make Wade work hard for his points and contain Dragic we will get'em in 6. US Media outlets will paint of picture of what they want the Heat to be.. not what they actually are.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                Oh ya those 30 points in game 7 were legendary

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                Jordan Flu game
                Lebron 25 straight
                Magic 42/15/7 Finals clincher
                Derozan 30 points on 32 shots

Comment

• One potentially major sneaky factor is Bosh, reports are that he's pressuring the Heat to let him back on the court and they're refusing to protect him from himself. For the Raptors sake, and his own health, I hope they continue to keep him out.

Comment

• Must be tough for Bosh. Missing out on two major events in the Raptors second coming out party. If healthy he could have carved his mark into both.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Could tell that this kid felt absolutely no pressure at all this entire series. Incredible for a rookie, seriously.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        One potentially major sneaky factor is Bosh, reports are that he's pressuring the Heat to let him back on the court and they're refusing to protect him from himself. For the Raptors sake, and his own health, I hope they continue to keep him out.
                        Honestly I hope he's fine and can play. I hate that he's had to miss out the last 2 playoffs after having such great seasons.

Bad for us if he plays, but you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Jordan Flu game
                          Lebron 25 straight
                          Magic 42/15/7 Finals clincher
                          Derozan 30 points on 32 shots
                          OK that made me laugh.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            You guys think Casey will match and go small? Bring in Powell at the 2 and DC at the 4. Powell on Wade (let him learn from the master himself), DeRozan on Deng, and Carroll on JJ (cause we all know DeMar is gonna get wrecked if he guards JJ)
                            Seems like a reasonable strategy.

Comment

lol NBA

Interesting that it's Draymond Green and not Steph Curry.

Comment

Meanwhile Powell went in every game, felt no pressure and just balled.

Comment

Working...
                                X