X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Lol you just really want a pony
    Haha this is true
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Where T-Rex at lol

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Given that he apparently could not get up off the bench without help, I would not hold my breath.
        I said it when it happened, i did my ankle like that once, caught toe on sticky floor.....3rd degree sprain...he's out for the year boys

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Please explain to me how this was a big game from DeMar.

I'm chock full of good vibes, and gave as much benefit of the doubt as I could in that summary, but to credit DeMar with this win in any way is reaaallly reaching.
          He knocked down a slew of decent shots down the stretch...that counts for me.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I don't really want to get into this tonight, but DeMar had probably the one good game (game 5) in a 7 game series. That's not a big game player, that's a guy who disappears in big games 6 times out of 7.

Anyone who was criticizing Lowry during his shooting struggles without recognizing all the other stuff he was doing for the team doesn't deserve him. DeRozan doesn't do the other stuff. To his credit, he got some rebounds today. But his defence was suspect as usual, he barely passed at all, and he settled for a ton of ridiculously bad shots - and only managed to be as efficient (and I use that word extremely generously) as he was because he happened to get hot and hit some of those bad shots. And most nights in these playoffs, he hasn't even done the rebounding bit.

Look, he was fine, he did well enough not to wreck the team when everyone else was clicking. Good enough. But let's not lay on the praise tonight, he doesn't really deserve it.
            What an absurd post.

i'm sorry man, but you guys are out of control.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              What an absurd post.

i'm sorry man, but you guys are out of control.
              Wasnt Demar like 8/12 in the 2nd half or something ? i might be wrong but i think im right.

He and lowry carried the team in the second half and that's why we have to give him credit

But Overall great team effort
              From lowry/demar to biz/pat to carroll/cojo to ross to powell/wright to Johnson to JT to scola and bebe

and bruno too lol
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Wasnt Demar like 8/12 in the 2nd half or something ? i might be wrong but i think im right.

He and lowry carried the team in the second half and that's why we have to give him credit

From lowry/demar to biz/pat to carroll/cojo to ross to powell/wright to Johnson to JT to scola and bebe

and bruno too lol
                i was wrong. he went 6/12. still good

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

and bruno too lol
                  He was really dialed in that second half. All the credit to him that he deserves. However he's still not taking advantage of his attention to kick it to his man for the open shot. He still needs to advance his game by utilizing his abilities to make people aroud him better.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    He was really dialed in that second half. All the credit to him that he deserves. However he's still not taking advantage of his attention to kick it to his man for the open shot. He still needs to advance his game by utilizing his abilities to make people aroud him better.
                    I don't think he is that kind of player. I think his ability to make others better is just by making sure the best defender is on him.

He is capable of concerted effort on the glass, like this game with 8 boards. And should be capable of more assists than he had today. Some of those 17 first half shots might have lead to better shots from teammates.

I think a great summer plan for demar is intensive one on one defensive drills. Just get capable on a regular night and slightly more than capable on a good night and he would see the biggest in game improvement in my mind. He has the athleticism, he can clearly learn offensive moves so lets put that work ethic to a summer of on man defense drills. He still will never cover the best player.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      I don't think he is that kind of player. I think his ability to make others better is just by making sure the best defender is on him.

He is capable of concerted effort on the glass, like this game with 8 boards. And should be capable of more assists than he had today. Some of those 17 first half shots might have lead to better shots from teammates.
                      Cleveland would be better off letting LeBron guard Lowry and Kyrie/Della on Demar. Lowry is this offence right now. Shut him down and we have nothing.

Demar can rebound but I don't think last night was particularly good. 8 looks nice, but 4 of those were offensive boards off his own terrible miss where he was lucky that the Heat defender overplayed the shot and lost positioning to him. 4 defensive rebounds isn't really much of a concerted effort on the glass.

29 shot attempts is more than Lowry+any other Raptor. That is bad. 7 FTA sounds nice, but that is the same as Patterson and less than Kyle and BB8, so not really an impressive amount with the overall number of FTA we had.

Demar played badly. In the second half, he started taking some shots straight on (no fade) and they went in. Even though those aren't ideal shots to take, they were significantly better than what he has been taking these playoffs.

This guy has consistently failed to be one of our best 3 players on the court. He gets by on volume and homerism. This guy isn't worth what he's going to get paid.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• It's gonna be a really tough series without JV.

Comment

• What an amazing game. Best in raptors' history. Everyone contributed. Unbelievable execution from Kyle Lowry. Smilin' Biz was also fantastic. And yuge credit to Dwane Casey for navigating the ship through the storm.
                          Last edited by JimiCliff; Mon May 16, 2016, 07:58 AM.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            ...And huge credit to Dwane Casey for navigating the ship through the storm.
                            Can't ignore this. Casey and his coaching staff (plus Alex) have taken a bruised and banged up Raptors squad to a place they have never been, against a high level coach and his experienced, quality players. Props to Casey and staff.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Demar can rebound but I don't think last night was particularly good. 8 looks nice, but 4 of those were offensive boards off his own terrible miss where he was lucky that the Heat defender overplayed the shot and lost positioning to him. 4 defensive rebounds isn't really much of a concerted effort on the glass.

This guy has consistently failed to be one of our best 3 players on the court. He gets by on volume and homerism. This guy isn't worth what he's going to get paid.
                              i was waiting to see if someone would take away his rebounds and here you explained them away as other players mistakes, good job.

homerism? special and christian. that is 2. 2 people on the whole site. counter them with oldskool and you. it is still not evenly split between rational judgement and we would just be better because reasons. not seeing much homerism there.

Comment

• Truth
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X