Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's up to 5.

The bigger list is the Raptors fan enjoying the second round. Feel free to join that line any time.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
      That's up to 5.

The bigger list is the Raptors fan enjoying the second round. Feel free to join that line any time.
      I loved getting the win. I'm incredibly excited about the win. I don't understand how that prohibits me from seeing issues that were apparent in the series. I can multitask.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I loved getting the win. I'm incredibly excited about the win. I don't understand how that prohibits me from seeing issues that were apparent in the series. I can multitask.
        Dunno, but I'd bet it's the same mechanism stopping you from seeing TJ's failings.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
          Dunno, but I'd bet it's the same mechanism stopping you from seeing TJ's failings.
          Do you actually read my posts, or do you just assume they say what you want them to say?

Because I'm pretty sure what I've said about Ross in this thread is that he was terrible in this series, but didn't play enough to matter. And we might need him against Miami. But none of that is pretending his failings don't exist.

Comment

Joey was looking for people who are giving DeMar a free pass? Found another one.
            That was Apollo, not me. I don't think anyone is giving Demar a free pass ... but as always, there is some very comfy middle ground to be found between shitting all over the guy and giving him a "free pass".

Comment

There aren't that many guys who can hit 3s and play good defense. Ross can be a great defender(look at what he did to Kyrie in the big Cleveland game in January, and he put in work on LeBron in that game as well). If guys who can play defense and hit 3s were that common, so many teams wouldn't be looking for them.
              Ross can play good defence, but he only occasionally does, as opposed to his 3 pt shooting which regularly excels.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Here's hoping we come out better in this game 1 than in the last game 1. Knowing this team, I think we come out flat and drop game 1, taking the series in game 7, the exact way we beat Indy.

Comment

• Continuing with the derailment of this thread...anyone know how Ross performs against the Heat? Maybe his stats vs. them? I have this general feeling like Ross plays well against this version of the Heat.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Continuing with the derailment of this thread...anyone know how Ross performs against the Heat? Maybe his stats vs. them? I have this general feeling like Ross plays well against this version of the Heat.
                    Ross KILLED it against the Heat this year, and struggled against Indiana.

IND: 36.1/36.8 shooting splits.
                    MIA: 54.5/53.3 shooting splits.

Comment

• Ross does a great job fighting around screens on defense. He also spaces the floor and makes defenders chase him around. He has a role in this series he shouldn't be relegated to a bench warmer.

I thought JV did great last series but he almost lost the last game for us. They continuously screened with JV's man and he is terrible at guarding the ballhandler's drive and then switching back to him man. JV is still more valuable than BB and I don't blame him. But Casey really needs to know when the other team's gameplan is catered toward screwing over JV, and then throwing in BB to mess it up.

Demar took a lot of shots, but he was aggressive last game and I like that. I was more concerned with his defense. He seems to close out on 3 point shooters terribly.

Comment

Do you actually read my posts, or do you just assume they say what you want them to say?

Because I'm pretty sure what I've said about Ross in this thread is that he was terrible in this series, but didn't play enough to matter. And we might need him against Miami. But none of that is pretending his failings don't exist.
                        To be fair, his best game was shaping up to be Game 2 where he was clicking on both sides of the ball before being taken out by a teammate and having to undergo concussion testing.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Ross is going to have a hard time getting traction from here on out. Norm really dug in that last game. They have no reason to go back to Ross unless there's an injury or someone is in foul trouble.

Comment

Ross KILLED it against the Heat this year, and struggled against Indiana.

IND: 36.1/36.8 shooting splits.
                            MIA: 54.5/53.3 shooting splits.
                            Good, let's hope he kills em tomorrow!

Comment

• This series likely gets decided on the 3pt line, one way or the other. Miami likes to take them since getting JJ, and hits a lot of them. We're bad at defending them.

On the other side, they like to pack the paint defensively and shut down lanes. So if we can't hit 3s and punish them, it could be hard for us to score.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Ross is going to have a hard time getting traction from here on out. Norm really dug in that last game. They have no reason to go back to Ross unless there's an injury or someone is in foul trouble.
                                I still think Ross should be getting some run. He can be very useful in this series.

Comment

Working...
                                X