Patrick Patterson

Jonas Valanciunas

MIAMI HEAT:

Goran Dragic

Dwyane Wade

Joe Johnson

Luol Deng

Hassan Whiteside

Well Raptors fans, it's done. The team has finally advanced to the second round on their third attempt with the current core and Dwane Casey, and now are looking forward to facing the Miami Heat. There are expectations that the team's performance will improve since the initial pressure of getting past the first round has subsided, but the team has to stay focused. The Miami Heat sport an intimidating starting lineup, and the Toronto Raptors are more than familiar with Joe Johnson and his capabilities. Hassan Whiteside will prove a tougher challenge for the Raptors' front court, who were able to effectively control the boards in the series against Indiana.

But DeRozan no longer has to put up with Paul George! Will he continue to struggle against the length of Luol Deng, or can he return to scoring at his efficiency during the regular season? Can Kyle Lowry work past his injured elbow and bring his offensive game back up from the bottom? Can bench players like Cory Joseph and Norman Powell continue to be stellar performers on the big stage that is the NBA Playoffs? The second round awaits!

LET'S GO RAPTORS
    Last edited by consmap; Sun May 1, 2016, 11:56 PM.
    OG is our king

Consmap is the key to victory!
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

We're 5 point favs for this game.

Comment

you got it all wrong Consmap. Demar will struggle defensively everytime it gets to Joe Johnson

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Consmap is the key to victory!
          I am fully expecting to see my name as one of the Keys To Victory at the beginning of next game
          OG is our king

Comment

I bet typing that "SECOND ROUND" in the Title felt so frigging good.

Comment

Anybody but Paul George on DeMar is a big win for Toronto.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                We're 5 point favs for this game.
                what site ?
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                  what site ?
                  Pinnacle Sports. Others will follow soon

Comment

Get ready to chill out, miami.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      but what about Dwayne Wade and... Joe Johnson?

I agree though. Demar should have less trouble on the offensive end. The Heat are loaded at the wings though. Carroll, Ross, Demar, and Norm are going to have to be on their A game.
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                        but what about Dwayne Wade and... Joe Johnson?

I agree though. Demar should have less trouble on the offensive end. The Heat are loaded at the wings though. Carroll, Ross, Demar, and Norm are going to have to be on their A game.
                        yep. not to mention now its going to be a true battle of the boards with whiteside.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Pretty much actually .. I don't think there's anyone else in the league who is so perfectly matched with Demar on defense.. he's longer, quicker, tenacious, heady on defense, and then he turns around and scores on you .. no one else would bring that combo against Demar that I can think of.

Comment

Comment

Their wings are exactly the type that gave us mad trouble in the past.

Kyle vs Goran will be interesting to see, as there is that personal history there since Houston days.

Could see Miami shift Winslow into the starting lineup at some point, because he has done a good job on Demar during the season.

Will be a tough matchup down low against Whiteside, who's a beast on the glass. One way to attack him would be to get into him early as he fouls a lot. Him vs Biz could be interesting, as Whiteside often likes to reach low for steals (and fouls more often than not), while Biz loves bringing the ball down any time he catches it.

DeMarre and Norm will have their hands full with Joe and D Wade. Thankfully, having both those guys on the floor for Miami, give the raps a starting point for their attack (i.e whoever is being guarded by those 2).
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                              X