Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    Ross's experience has done nothing for him. He still plays just as dumb as any rookie.
    I don't think it's that he's "dumb". I think it's that this is what he is, he's just not a good player on the NBA level and had he been drafted in the second round instead of the top ten you wouldn't even remember his name at this point. He needs to go, he's a weak link. All he does it jack up threes and he not very good at it. It would be different if he had many other redeeming qualities to help the team but he does not. Powell has nothing to do with Ross. If Powell wasn't here it would be even more painfully obvious that Ross has to go.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      If Ross doesn't show up in this series I suspect he is gone. He still has a good deal of respect in the league. You can tell by how closely he is guarded. An $11 million contract is eminently tradable. I can see him being packaged with a pick in a trade this summer.
      $11M in the new NBA isn't that bad. It could be considered a steal by some depending on how good Ujiri is at selling. He just needs to stay away from new school teams who live by metrics because Ross stinks at metrics. He sometimes passes the eye test so, you know, start with the Knicks and Lakers and work your way out.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        $11M in the new NBA isn't that bad. It could be considered a steal by some depending on how good Ujiri is at selling. He just needs to stay away from new school teams who live by metrics because Ross stinks at metrics. He sometimes passes the eye test so, you know, start with the Knicks and Lakers and work your way out.
        In case anyone was wondering, how good Ujiri is at selling is "9th overall pick for Andrea Bargnani."
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          In case anyone was wondering, how good Ujiri is at selling is "9th overall pick for Andrea Bargnani."
          Hence I mention the Knicks and the Jerry Bussless Lakers. Wolves go after the weak sheep. Toss in the Nets and maybe Philly too. Actually Philly has BC running the show. Ujiri, play on Bryan's ego, it'll work. He needs his guy back.

Comment

I think we need posters who had Pacers avatars to get Heat avatars --that seemed to work.

Comment

If Ross doesn't show up in this series I suspect he is gone. He still has a good deal of respect in the league. You can tell by how closely he is guarded. An $11 million contract is eminently tradable. I can see him being packaged with a pick in a trade this summer.
              And to think we just missed out on Harrison Barnes and passed on Andre Drummond .......ugh. ....

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                And to think we just missed out on Harrison Barnes and passed on Andre Drummond .......ugh. ....
                From now on, any time you think of this, just immediately remind yourself that we got Powell in the second round.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I don't think it's that he's "dumb". I think it's that this is what he is, he's just not a good player on the NBA level and had he been drafted in the second round instead of the top ten you wouldn't even remember his name at this point. He needs to go, he's a weak link. All he does it jack up threes and he not very good at it. It would be different if he had many other redeeming qualities to help the team but he does not. Powell has nothing to do with Ross. If Powell wasn't here it would be even more painfully obvious that Ross has to go.
                  Although jacking up 3's may be his only real strength, he IS very good at it. The past 3 seasons he ranks 8th in 3pt% among players who have 1000 attempts. The list - Korver, Reddick, Curry, Thompson, JR Smith, Durant, Danny Green, Ross.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Consmap is the key to victory!
                    So we live and die with him doing the threads here on out? Come hell or high water?

Comment

After winning Game 7 of the series against the Indiana Pacers, Dwayne Casey said in his news conference, "I hope everyone continues to doubt us."

But the numbers show some reasons why you might keep doubting Toronto.

They scored 11 points in the fourth quarter, the fewest any winning team has scored in the fourth quarter of a Game 7 in the shot-clock era.

They led by as many as 16 points in the fourth quarter. Indiana had the ball with a chance to tie in the final minute.

The Raptors went 4-of-20 from the field in the fourth quarter and had as many turnovers (4) as made shots (4).

Kyle Lowry shot under 40 percent from the field in all seven games and finished the series shooting 32 percent from the field, including 7-of-43 from the 3-point line.

DeMar DeRozan scored 30 points, but took 32 shots. He shot 31 percent, which the Elias Sports Bureau notes is the third-worst percentage for a player who took at least 30 shots in a playoff win, in the shot-clock era (since 1954-55). The two worst shooting performances came in 1957 (Bob Pettit, 27 percent) and 1956 (Paul Arizin, 30 percent).

Elias also notes that the Raptors are the second team in NBA playoff history to win a series despite their top two scorers in the series shooting below 33 percent.

And looking ahead, there’s no track record to speak of -- the Raptors have never advanced to the Eastern Conference finals. In fact, this was their first series win since defeating the Knicks in 2000-01.

Comment

Anybody but Paul George on DeMar is a big win for Toronto.
                        DeMar on anybody, but Paul George is also a big win here on out I think.

Comment

^ so do we take this as a positive: "we won despite demar and lowry being off"? or do we take it as "we just squeaked through while playing terrible basketball and it won't work against a better team"?

I'm not much of an optimist.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I'm not concerned. I mean, a little. But it wasn't the team falling apart, it was that moronic run-the-clock strategy. Casey, smarten up.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                              ^ so do we take this as a positive: "we won despite demar and lowry being off"? or do we take it as "we just squeaked through while playing terrible basketball and it won't work against a better team"?

I'm not much of an optimist.
                              I don't think the team played poorly, but I think our two top players struggled big time. It was an ugly series for sure, but keep in mind Indiana was one of the best defensive teams through the regular season. That's what they do to the other teams offence.

The Miami series promises to be a lot better brand of basketball for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

The Ross hate here is redoculous. He had a good series. He is a 3 pt, good defense role player. Just because he didnt take over ala Ray Allen doesnt mean he played badly

Comment

Working...
                                X