No announcement yet.

Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the other interesting qualifier for me. A lot of the same people calling for Ross' head are also saying we should start small and start Carroll, DD and Powell.

What do you think that means for Ross' minutes?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Dude, who is giving DeMar a pass in here? Name me one person starting... Now.
      Christian, Special1. There's two.

Comment

Ross was just horrible to watch out there. I cringed every time he had the ball. I cringed every time DD had it as well but at least he was aggressive and I accept we as fans are stuck with DD for now. Ross on the other hand? No, Norm is killing it. Ross has to sit.
        christrian

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
          Here's the other interesting qualifier for me. A lot of the same people calling for Ross' head are also saying we should start small and start Carroll, DD and Powell.

What do you think that means for Ross' minutes?
          I personally don't want to see a lineup change. That last three games was as good as it gets this season. Casey needs to somehow reign in DD and this can continue to work.

Comment

Ross was just horrible to watch out there. I cringed every time he had the ball. I cringed every time DD had it as well but at least he was aggressive and I accept we as fans are stuck with DD for now. Ross on the other hand? No, Norm is killing it. Ross has to sit.
            I'm not giving Ross a pass either. But the reality is, he played a lot of huge minutes for us in the regular season, and he can hit 3s, which is something not a lot of guys on our roster can do. We got away with not hitting them against Indiana. I'm not convinced we will against Miami.

I'm not convinced Ross will show up against Miami. I am fairly convinced we might need him to.

Comment

Can we finally win game one of a series.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                Christian, Special1. There's two.
                Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                christrian
                Ok well name me 10. Take that.

A very, very, very smart portion of the board is pro DD. Its so small is almost invisible now.

Comment

So many identical Pacer logos
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Ahh, I remember the days when Ross playing bad used to upset me so much. Now there's just too much talent on the wings, if he doesn't show up, someone else will.

This wasn't a terrible series for him. He hit some threes here and there throughout including a HUGE three in the comeback victory in Game 5. Yeah he's not worth 11 mil, but we really don't need much from him to be successful.

Ross' play should be the least of our worries.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Ahh, I remember the days when Ross playing bad used to upset me so much. Now there's just too much talent on the wings, if he doesn't show up, someone else will.

This wasn't a terrible series for him. He hit some threes here and there throughout including a HUGE three in the comeback victory in Game 5. Yeah he's not worth 11 mil, but we really don't need much from him to be successful.

Ross' play should be the least of our worries.
                      To be fair, we're only paying him 3.5 mil this year. Like I said, we didn't need to hit 3s to beat Indiana. We might to be Miami, and if we do we don't have many guys who can do it better than Ross. So we might yet need him. Whether he shows up, who knows?

Comment

The problem with Ross is that he is very replaceable. There are lots of guys in the league that can hit 3's and play defense occasionally. But I'm guessing we'll need him next series, as Barolt just pointed out. 3pt shooting might be more important against Miami, and Ross is our best shooter. And there should be some matchups he can handle defensively.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          The problem with Ross is that he is very replaceable. There are lots of guys in the league that can hit 3's and play defense occasionally. But I'm guessing we'll need him next series, as Barolt just pointed out. 3pt shooting might be more important against Miami, and Ross is our best shooter. And there should be some matchups he can handle defensively.
                          There aren't that many guys who can hit 3s and play good defense. Ross can be a great defender(look at what he did to Kyrie in the big Cleveland game in January, and he put in work on LeBron in that game as well). If guys who can play defense and hit 3s were that common, so many teams wouldn't be looking for them.

Comment

Terrence is marginal.

You can hate DD as much you want. Can have every stat. DD put us in round 2.

32 shots or 100, he did it.

Comment

All the players obviously have different expectations. Lowrys injury changed his trajectory of play. DD, with Paul George on him and being known as the supposed #1 offensive threat on the team, has to fight through that as well. No excuses for his poor play in pretty much every other field though.

But Ross...he is definitely more than a serviceable player. I just don't get how he can be so bad in the post season. He went from averaging 22-26 min to barely cracking 12 min a game. literally my only memory of Ross in this series is when he tried to dribble drive 3 times in a single play and ended up tossing it awkwardly to the weak side to Powell (maybe this play would have looked better if Powell had landed his shot but ahh well). Like I literally have no idea what he was trying to do. He just looked so dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                                Terrence is marginal.

You can hate DD as much you want. Can have every stat. DD put us in round 2.

32 shots or 100, he did it.
                                DeMar didn't put us in round 2. He almost put us out of it. If he hadn't been so awful, we would've won the series earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X