Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Lowry for another top 10 pick in this draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A no from me too...

Unless we get the DragonBender of course.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Just putting it out there. Would you? I think we should really consider not building aroud KLow and DD, as much as I appreciate them.
      It's very risky. I'd rather see them work something else to bring in something safer. If it were the current lotto pick plus Kyle(and maybe something else depending on where our pick is) to move up to #1 or 2 then yes.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
        Dunn > Murray
        Dunn is an injury waiting to happen. He has talent but is too risky for my tastes. Remember how stressful it was with TJs spinal condition? Dunn is almost as much of a concern as that. I mean two major shoulder injuries at his age isn't a normal thing. It's a big red flag.

Comment

Moving Lowry should have a pretty good return, even at his age/contract status/playoffs performance.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

lol, no question.

lowry is 30 years old, always banged up in april, and on a short contract.

we have cory joseph waiting in the wings as well.

would be foolish for another team to offer, we'd be foolish not to take it.

Comment

One of these years, Kyle Lowry will enter the playoffs healthy. I think this current roster with healthy Lowry cruises through to the ECF. This roster with a top 10 pick, Norman Powell with a summer to get better, healthy DC and whatever pick up that MU can get this summer has a shot at beating the Cavs.

For me the answer is no based on really enjoying this season and being curious what the playoffs would look like with a healthy Lowry. Might be short sighted, but hey I don't get paid to make these decisions.

Comment

As long as DeRozan and Casey are around, I can't see moving Lowry having any positive impact.

#EmptyTheClip
                Last edited by Nilanka; Wed May 4, 2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I would trade him or DeMar for whatever pick Jamal Murray lands at.
                  Jamal day, every day. Twice on Sundays. The obvious trade would be to send Lowry home to Philly. That's a perfect type of "accelerated rebuild" bold move for Bryan Colangelo to beat his chest about in a press conference, i.e., he fleeced the Raps for an all-star.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    One of these years, Kyle Lowry will enter the playoffs healthy. I think this current roster with healthy Lowry cruises through to the ECF. This roster with a top 10 pick, Norman Powell with a summer to get better, healthy DC and whatever pick up that MU can get this summer has a shot at beating the Cavs.

For me the answer is no based on really enjoying this season and being curious what the playoffs would look like with a healthy Lowry. Might be short sighted, but hey I don't get paid to make these decisions.
                    What's his elbow have to do with his horrible defense?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      What's his elbow have to do with his horrible defense?
                      And dumb-ass passes (I mean.... even dumber than normal).

Lowry looks clearly rattled now that he's expected to lead a contender to decisive victory, instead of being that plucky underdog, little-engine-that-could pitbull on a shit team.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        Jamal day, every day. Twice on Sundays. The obvious trade would be to send Lowry home to Philly. That's a perfect type of "accelerated rebuild" bold move for Bryan Colangelo to beat his chest about in a press conference, i.e., he fleeced the Raps for an all-star.
                        I could very easily see this happening.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Lowry was bad last game.. but without him this team is essentially fighting Indiana and Detroit just to make it into the playoffs. Lowry was probably instrumental in us winning 50 or so games.

He was definitely our MVP in the regular season.

It's too bad he got the second most minutes in the league this year.. because if he hadn't, maybe he plays like he did in the regular season instead of what he's been doing??

Anyway to the OP.. a top 10 pick requires development.. at least 2-3 years. Even if it was Murray. The good thing is the PG spot is the easiest to obtain in this league. I'd consider trading him to help our front court.. but the top 10 pick thing... Not really enticing.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            It's too bad he got the second most minutes in the league this year.. because if he hadn't, maybe he plays like he did in the regular season instead of what he's been doing??
                            I don't buy it. Minute watching is a fairly new concept and guys played at a high level while logging many minutes for decades. The best ones want the minutes and they elevate in the playoffs.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              I could very easily see this happening.
                              Colangelo wipes his ass with second rounders so toss in some of those.

golden wrote: View Post
                              And dumb-ass passes (I mean.... even dumber than normal).

Lowry looks clearly rattled now that he's expected to lead a contender to decisive victory, instead of being that plucky underdog, little-engine-that-could pitbull on a shit team.
                              Did you see that hard pass he made to the ref early game. Everyone on the court is standing around far away from the ref like WTF? Haha

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I don't buy it. Minute watching is a fairly new concept and guys played at a high level while logging many minutes for decades. The best ones want the minutes and they elevate in the playoffs.
                                You're right, minute watching is an arbitrary made up thing the kids these days do because back in my day we didn't need to do it, which is why NBA players had shortened careers due to notoriously bad foot, ankle, knee, and back problems. Wait a minute. Is minute watching a thing the analytic basement kids made up or is it something the best coaches and franchises in the league started doing with championship caliber rosters? I forget what the argument was. Where's my Metamucil?
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X